Author Topic: Oliver Burke signs for Sheffield United (Permanent)  (Read 283077 times)

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

Re: Oliver Burke (on loan at Celtic)
« Reply #650 on: December 20, 2018, 10:34:30 AM »
Might as well loan him out.

Not that if he does well he will come back, because I would expect he will probably want a fresh start regardless, but his transfer value at this moment must be shocking compared to what we paid.

If he had a storming 6 months there is at least some chance we could get £5m+ for him in the summer, which I dont see anyone paying at present.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #651 on: December 20, 2018, 02:10:22 PM »
Saw this thread pop up and thought someone was going to post that he'd been found alive and well.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #652 on: December 23, 2018, 01:27:52 PM »
Only news piece on him potentially moving out for a loan that i've seen is from the Nottingham Post on Dec 4th..

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-listen-loan-offers-2288020

He's been useless for us, but do we really want to send him to Notts Forest who will be in and around the play off picture this season?
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #653 on: December 23, 2018, 06:50:56 PM »
how is he performing for the u23?
The answer to that one is pretty well I believe...he's picked up a few goals anyway
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #654 on: December 27, 2018, 01:01:09 PM »
A few of us were talking about this kid yesterday.
How poor must he be doing in training if he can't even make the 18?
Or are we avoiding triggering the next installment on his payment plan?
I know when he was bought in the figure being mentioned was £15m, a figure I wouldn't imagine we would pay up front and all payments after the initial payment would be performance and appearance related.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him move during the transfer window.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #655 on: December 27, 2018, 02:07:06 PM »
I can't see a future for him at Albion. If someone comes in for him in January I can see him being gone.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #656 on: December 27, 2018, 02:44:54 PM »
I know when he was bought in the figure being mentioned was £15m, a figure I wouldn't imagine we would pay up front and all payments after the initial payment would be performance and appearance related.

I'm not sure what he does in training has much impact. I get the impression Darren Moore has his select group and that is the group he will use unless injuries or suspensions force him to include others. The 11 that started yesterday plus the 3 subs that came on are his preferred group and only as I said injuries or suspensions will change that. The fact at 4-0 up on Saturday he still brought Brunt on to replace Barry when it was the perfect chance to give Harper or even Sako game time showed his thinking.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #657 on: December 27, 2018, 03:28:57 PM »
I'm not sure what he does in training has much impact. I get the impression Darren Moore has his select group and that is the group he will use unless injuries or suspensions force him to include others. The 11 that started yesterday plus the 3 subs that came on are his preferred group and only as I said injuries or suspensions will change that. The fact at 4-0 up on Saturday he still brought Brunt on to replace Barry when it was the perfect chance to give Harper or even Sako game time showed his thinking.

Have to agree with that, Darren is showing that he will stick with the core players and only if circumstances dictate otherwise will he deviate.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #658 on: December 27, 2018, 03:43:14 PM »
Totally agree with Oldbury, in fact to my mind Harper is only on the bench due to the home grown requirement. Regards Burke his future chances here look EXTREMELY limited.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #659 on: December 27, 2018, 04:49:16 PM »
Agreed. That's why I hope Burke, Field, Leko and Edwards, all of them to be loaned out in January.
To be honest it's meaningless to keep them here but play in reserve games only every week.
The PRIDE of midlands

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #660 on: December 27, 2018, 05:45:31 PM »
Agreed. That's why I hope Burke, Field, Leko and Edwards, all of them to be loaned out in January.
To be honest it's meaningless to keep them here but play in reserve games only every week.
Depending on comings and goings I think we'd have to keep at least one of Burke, Leko and Edwards in case of injuries to Phillips and/or Barnes (if he stays). We'd still have Sako (I think) but he may be in the team and you'd want one pacy wide player on the bench.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #661 on: December 27, 2018, 07:33:33 PM »

You see, I don't subscribe to the idea that he's poor, because Robson-Kanu is f*****g useless and he gets a game every week.

It's just that we don't seem to want to play any creative / flair players who don't defend apart from Barnes. Sako is a really good player, yet can't get a look in - why?

I think there is more here than just doing badly in training, especially when Sako and Leko can't get in either.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #662 on: December 28, 2018, 09:52:23 AM »
You see, I don't subscribe to the idea that he's poor, because Robson-Kanu is f*****g useless and he gets a game every week.

It's just that we don't seem to want to play any creative / flair players who don't defend apart from Barnes. Sako is a really good player, yet can't get a look in - why?

I think there is more here than just doing badly in training, especially when Sako and Leko can't get in either.

I think DM is prejudiced against non-caucasian players, oh, forgot Gibbs / Jake / Tosin / Hegazi and Phillips !!  Damn it, another conspiracy theory ruined!
Albion Family !!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #663 on: December 30, 2018, 12:56:35 PM »
Millwall want him on loan. Let him go if they pay his wages.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #664 on: December 30, 2018, 12:58:08 PM »
Millwall want him on loan. Let him go if they pay his wages.

Perfect loan move. Play every game and we’ll see if he’s worth persevering with

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #665 on: December 30, 2018, 01:26:25 PM »
Absolutely, he needs to play some proper competitive football - both for his own sake and to see if we can salvage something from a big spend gone wrong.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #666 on: December 30, 2018, 04:23:42 PM »
No Gayle nor JROD currently. Jay looked injured to he before sent off.

Burke could be starting Vs Blackburn...

Sako. HRK Burke.   What a 3 to pick 2 from to join Barnes up front.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #667 on: December 30, 2018, 05:07:27 PM »
No Gayle nor JROD currently. Jay looked injured to he before sent off.

Burke could be starting Vs Blackburn...

Sako. HRK Burke.   What a 3 to pick 2 from to join Barnes up front.

Eve without Gayle and Rodriguez I can still see him leaving Burke out completely and sticking Edwards on the bench instead. Burke definitely needs to get game time so a loan move could be perfect, with any luck he'll impress and we'll be able to claw some of the money back that we wasted on him.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #668 on: December 30, 2018, 05:19:42 PM »
I think Burke, in the right team, would prove his usefulness and get us some miney back. A loan to a championship club or to Rangers would be ideal in January. I have seen bits and bibs of him in the league cup plus for Scotland under 21s and there is a raw, natural talent there. He might never develop it to the level we need, but he can still do something and hopefully get us a bit of money back.

Was an awful, awful decision not to loan him out in August when it was clear Moore had to use for him
Boing Boing

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #669 on: December 30, 2018, 07:04:48 PM »
I think Burke, in the right team, would prove his usefulness and get us some miney back. A loan to a championship club or to Rangers would be ideal in January. I have seen bits and bibs of him in the league cup plus for Scotland under 21s and there is a raw, natural talent there. He might never develop it to the level we need, but he can still do something and hopefully get us a bit of money back.

Was an awful, awful decision not to loan him out in August when it was clear Moore had to use for him
A very good idea 👍
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #670 on: December 31, 2018, 09:19:11 AM »
I agree that a loan is a god idea, in our current position (chasing) we cannot afford to experiment over a run of games, but seeing him compete in the same league will give the club the basis for making a long term decision as to wether he can make it at this level.
Millwall are not really competitors so let him go and lets see what he can do.
Albion Family !!!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #671 on: December 31, 2018, 09:40:28 AM »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #672 on: December 31, 2018, 10:23:39 AM »
I'd be loathed to send him to Rangers or Celtic.

Both are big clubs and if he does well as a Scot, you can see a player getting swept up in it. Neither have serious money so I could see us getting our trousers pulled down.

Where ever he goes though I hope we put penalties in the loan agreement like Everton supposedly do. We cant let anyone use him to pack a squad and waste everyone's time. He needs to be playing.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #673 on: December 31, 2018, 10:30:27 AM »
Celtic don’t have too much problem with buying players.  Deeper pockets than most Championship sides

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #674 on: December 31, 2018, 10:40:53 AM »
Celtic don’t have too much problem with buying players.  Deeper pockets than most Championship sides

Not really. They've spent more than £6m on a player once in 18 years.