Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 327565 times)

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #800 on: January 20, 2015, 10:39:49 AM »
Have to mention baird aswel.. Came in for alot of criticism, but tries hard in that role.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #801 on: January 20, 2015, 10:41:34 AM »
Have to mention baird aswel.. Came in for alot of criticism, but tries hard in that role.

Hes supprised me, hes playing well
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #802 on: January 20, 2015, 10:58:12 AM »
Yacob is an absolute class act, I still think he has the ability and guile to play for a big club.

I asked the question a few weeks ago but does anyone know his contractual status?  I believe he signed a three year contract when he originally signed and I cant recall improved terms being offered, which would mean he is out of contract at the end of this current season? Or do we have an option?
"This crack is really moreish."

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #803 on: January 20, 2015, 05:51:48 PM »
We finished 8th when they played together. It does work.

Doh! It works when we have quality wingers. It doesn't work when Mulumbu stinks the place up either. I've been saying for a long time that I prefer only to play Yacob screening the back four.

Good to see Yacob back to his best. Yacob is a cracking little player but he needs to stay fit, too often we have played him when he was less than 100% and a step behind the play as he isn't the quickest to start with. But he is easily and by some distance the best (and only) player we have that can protect the space in front of the back four. 

BaggiesFacts

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #804 on: January 20, 2015, 07:02:01 PM »
Yacob is an absolute class act, I still think he has the ability and guile to play for a big club.

I asked the question a few weeks ago but does anyone know his contractual status?  I believe he signed a three year contract when he originally signed and I cant recall improved terms being offered, which would mean he is out of contract at the end of this current season? Or do we have an option?

Believe Albion have a years option on him which they'd be daft not to take up!

Some of his tackles yesterday were timed to split second perfection. I'm sure our new gaffer will be picking him every week from here on in.
WBAFC - 1878

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #805 on: February 15, 2015, 02:43:00 PM »
I hope Pulis has a word with Claudio. He's no stranger to yellow cards as it is but yesterday he did one of the 2 footed jump-in tackles that he got sent off for against Chelsea. He's going to let us down again in a big game if he keeps this up.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #806 on: February 15, 2015, 06:00:47 PM »
I hope Pulis has a word with Claudio. He's no stranger to yellow cards as it is but yesterday he did one of the 2 footed jump-in tackles that he got sent off for against Chelsea. He's going to let us down again in a big game if he keeps this up.
Indeed. I always feel that a reckless challenge from him is never far away.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #807 on: February 15, 2015, 06:06:35 PM »
Indeed. I always feel that a reckless challenge from him is never far away.
A lot of South American players don't seem to think there's anything wrong with two footed tackles

Doesn't make it right - just an observation
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

Baggies54

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #808 on: February 15, 2015, 07:05:38 PM »
I think his jump tackles are controled, he didn't deserve to be sent off versus Chelsea he played the ball on both occasions and he was vertical, it's not like he is horizontal going in like a cruise missile with absolutely no control at all.  Carry on Claudio knock 'em bandy.  Just don't do it against the top four or five clubs as ref's favour them unfortunately.
"Scientific criticism has no nobler task than to shatter false beliefs".......

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #809 on: February 15, 2015, 07:20:00 PM »
I can see why it was reckless but no real intent and maybe a yellow at most.
However, in the second half Song went in flying studs up on one of ours near the Halfords yet escaped scot free ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

wardy65

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #810 on: February 15, 2015, 07:37:31 PM »
Love Yacob & would have in my team all day long, but now this has been highlighted on TV with ex players saying they think it's a red, he really has got to watch himself because ref's are onto him.
I'd hate to be playing somebody like Villa in the next round of the cup & go down to ten men. I'm sure TP will be reigning him in a touch.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #811 on: February 15, 2015, 08:16:31 PM »
I think his jump tackles are controled, he didn't deserve to be sent off versus Chelsea he played the ball on both occasions and he was vertical, it's not like he is horizontal going in like a cruise missile with absolutely no control at all.  Carry on Claudio knock 'em bandy.  Just don't do it against the top four or five clubs as ref's favour them unfortunately.
That's the issue - he can't control where he lands when he takes off like that. Plus it automatically looks really bad if there is an opponent anywhere near...expect another sending off very soon if he carries on.

Baggies54

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #812 on: February 16, 2015, 02:32:37 PM »
That's the issue - he can't control where he lands when he takes off like that. Plus it automatically looks really bad if there is an opponent anywhere near...expect another sending off very soon if he carries on.

The point I made was that he was vertical and CAN control where he puts his feet, hence he played the ball on both occasions, not as I also stated NOT horizontal and in mid air where even if his feet don't clatter the opponent his body will crash into the legs with a chance of possible breakages.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #813 on: February 16, 2015, 02:44:09 PM »
The point I made was that he was vertical and CAN control where he puts his feet, hence he played the ball on both occasions, not as I also stated NOT horizontal and in mid air where even if his feet don't clatter the opponent his body will crash into the legs with a chance of possible breakages.

There's some merit in your argument, the problem is, the majority of rules these days have the caveat"in the opinion of the referee". It could be interpreted as a stamp, CY does need reining in.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #814 on: February 16, 2015, 03:03:30 PM »
If the player Yacob tackled had slid in, then it could have impacted on the player's leg and CY probably would have seen red. He won the ball, but the fact is, there is an 'if', so the ref could have given a red card for recklessness.

After all, penalties are often given for recklessness rather than intent, as most of the time the tackling player is just a split second late. That's all it takes for a leg breaker.

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #815 on: February 16, 2015, 03:11:36 PM »
Could of had no complaints if he did get a red on Saturday.

I'm a fan of Yacob but I'm not sure about him in a 2 man midfield. Fletcher can do a lot of the dirty work and Yacob just doesn't offer enough with the ball. One of the first names if we are playing 433 or 4231 but in a 442 you need more than someone who just stops the opposition

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #816 on: February 16, 2015, 03:21:43 PM »
I'd agree with Astle1968 there. No complaints from me if he gets a red there.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #817 on: February 16, 2015, 04:20:21 PM »
Was a dangerous challenge but west ham player just played on. The frustrating thing for me was on MOTD they highlighted Yacob and yet Almafitano gets a red and his tackle on brunt was a shocker and no post match mention.
As for Yacob with the ball, he doesn't do creative stuff but his ball retention is quality and he gives it to other players who can play. I think he's vital at the moment and way more disciplined than Mulumbu (who I rate).

Baggies54

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #818 on: February 16, 2015, 04:29:59 PM »
If the player Yacob tackled had slid in, then it could have impacted on the player's leg and CY probably would have seen red. He won the ball, but the fact is, there is an 'if', so the ref could have given a red card for recklessness.

After all, penalties are often given for recklessness rather than intent, as most of the time the tackling player is just a split second late. That's all it takes for a leg breaker.

If the opposing player had slid in then it would have been a free kick to us as Yacob had taken the ball, if the opposing player had taken the ball before Yacob then there is a chance to ground his feet to protect himself from damage, he doesn't have to stamp on anyones legs.  I can't see that vertical challenge as a possible 'leg breaker', he wasn't that high and his feet were pointing down to take the ball not studs up.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #819 on: February 16, 2015, 04:34:18 PM »
Was a dangerous challenge but west ham player just played on. The frustrating thing for me was on MOTD they highlighted Yacob and yet Almafitano gets a red and his tackle on brunt was a shocker and no post match mention.
As for Yacob with the ball, he doesn't do creative stuff but his ball retention is quality and he gives it to other players who can play. I think he's vital at the moment and way more disciplined than Mulumbu (who I rate).

I was really disappointed with Jason Roberts comments on MOTD. For my money he was being immensely inflammatory, and unnecessarily so given he said nothing about Amalfitano's challenge on Brunt.

Claudio does need to reign in that aspect of his game but "he almost burst the ball" Jason? Really? Get over yourself man.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #820 on: February 16, 2015, 06:12:53 PM »
The one thing I caught from the endless MOTD replays was the look on Gardners face as he looked towards the ref after Yacobs tackle. Clearly there was an 'oh bu**er" moment going through his head!

As others have said the concern may be a ref in the future has an eye on Yacobs tackling as he's starting to get 'form' thanks to the media....

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #821 on: February 16, 2015, 06:19:54 PM »
got to agree, he could end up like Cattermole / Barton who it seems that refs are looking to card at any opportunity. God forbid anyone gets hurt in a Yacob tackle, the press would have a field day, and we need him on the pitch. All that said it will be hard to reduce his "enthusiasm" without diminishing his game.....
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #822 on: February 16, 2015, 06:23:07 PM »
We're talking as if the bloke has received ten red cards during his time with us. He's only had one hasn't he?

I can't actual remember the tackle we're discussing in this thread. Does anyone have any footage?

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #823 on: February 16, 2015, 06:23:49 PM »
He does need to be careful, but I'm confident he'll have received an almighty rollocking off TP.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #824 on: February 16, 2015, 06:30:37 PM »
We're talking as if the bloke has received ten red cards during his time with us. He's only had one hasn't he?

I can't actual remember the tackle we're discussing in this thread. Does anyone have any footage?
They showed it on MOTD which should be on the iplayer I think. Just very similar to the Chelsea one and the type of challenge you don't see too often in the prem. Not horrendously dangerous on Saturday but just asking for trouble in my book.