Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 327661 times)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #600 on: September 02, 2012, 12:36:59 PM »
Agree with whats been said - very impressive. Yacob and Mulumbu in front of Olsson + McCauley makes us very strong in the middle areas.
Should benefit someone like Thorne being able to watch how he plays (think Thorne has similar strengths but obviously far less experienced).
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #601 on: September 02, 2012, 12:39:35 PM »
Worth a few quid if his form continues.Wont be long before he his selected to play for his country again
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #602 on: September 02, 2012, 01:00:06 PM »
Looks like the real deal after his first 3 games. What has impressed me most is his positional play and his discipline to sit in front of the back four whilst Mulumbu and Morrison roam. Some great interceptions and tackles yesterday and a fantastic pass completion rate. If he stays fit him and Mulumbu will be a match for most midfield pairings in the division.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

blackcountryblues

« Reply #603 on: September 02, 2012, 01:08:24 PM »
No doubt about it we will enjoy him for a season or two before the likes of City come in for him.
He is a masterclass of a midfielder what more would you want from a DM.
When we do sell we just go and find the next diamond but it will be sad he is such a good player he actually makes it look easy.

I'd be more worried about Mourinho signing him wherever he may be, he's like Essien and Makelele rolled into one.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #604 on: September 02, 2012, 01:23:20 PM »
I think people are getting a little over excited. He's new here, he'll have some poor games, best not to over hype him too much otherwise the expectations of him will be unrealistic.

It's fine to be praising him but to be worried about Mourinho/Real Madrid stealing him after 3 games is a little absurd!

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #605 on: September 02, 2012, 01:29:47 PM »
I think people are getting a little over excited. He's new here, he'll have some poor games, best not to over hype him too much otherwise the expectations of him will be unrealistic.

It's fine to be praising him but to be worried about Mourinho/Real Madrid stealing him after 3 games is a little absurd!

Not sure I agree Dan. This guy is absolute class a massive step up in quality of player coming into the club to perform from the outset rather than our usual buy em cheap and develop them strategy.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #606 on: September 02, 2012, 01:33:18 PM »
Not sure I agree Dan. This guy is absolute class a massive step up in quality of player coming into the club to perform from the outset rather than our usual buy em cheap and develop them strategy.

He certainly looks good but remember Zuiverloon after the first 6 or so games in 08/09?

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #607 on: September 02, 2012, 01:43:42 PM »
He certainly looks good but remember Zuiverloon after the first 6 or so games in 08/09?

See what your trying to say but if you look at the two players CVs prior to arriving at the Hawthorns there is no comparison. Zuiverloon was a young player with great potential who left as the same really. He just didnt come on like he should have. Jacob is a battle hardened senior pro who knows exactly what he his doing and what is expected of him. Very much like Paul Scharner when he arrived. With Jacob its the composure and simplicity with which he plays that is the tell tale sign of class at this level. Having said that I must applaud Yousef Mulumbu who has grown into a top draw footballer. He looks to me this season better than ever.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #608 on: September 02, 2012, 07:22:17 PM »
yacob is total class, his impact on the team as been fantastic i think we have a real star on our hands!!

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #609 on: September 02, 2012, 07:26:09 PM »
A credit to DA for finding this little gem. What clubs would pay for to have a bloke like this in the team.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #610 on: September 02, 2012, 07:54:19 PM »

This bloke as pedigree he captained is side from the age of 18 which is very unusual and must show he as strength of character and he is how old 25?, he as seven years of playing top football under his belt.
I have no doubt he is the finished article and will only get better the more games he plays.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #611 on: September 02, 2012, 08:00:59 PM »
This bloke as pedigree he captained is side from the age of 18 which is very unusual and must show he as strength of character and he is how old 25?, he as seven years of playing top football under his belt.
I have no doubt he is the finished article and will only get better the more games he plays.

So impressed when I saw the guy give a virtually flawless perofrmance in the friendly at Forest.
I was raving about him during the following week but still added the proviso 'if he can do it in the Prem'.
However, in the first three games against real quality opposition, he's even surpassed my high expectations !
Early days yet but this gut COULD, just COULD, be one of the best midfielders in the division come the end of the season so then we will struggle to hold on to him so enjoy him while you can.
Additionally it has taken the shackles off Mulumbu who now looks back to his awesome best.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #612 on: September 02, 2012, 08:11:31 PM »
I'm desperately not trying to get too carried away, but so far he has been nothing short of superb. Exactly what we needed.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #613 on: September 02, 2012, 11:02:28 PM »
Quite simply he will go on to be our best signing EVER...
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #614 on: September 03, 2012, 12:29:16 AM »
Quite simply he will go on to be our best signing EVER...

I thought I was getting carried away with my excitement towards Claudio but you are like a Yacob to my Darren Carter- a totally different level!

Seriously though, to be our best ever signing would make him better than Cyrille, Laurie, Robson and Bomber and that's just in my time (admitedly Bomber was signed before I was born).

#Justsayin as they say on twitter!

lippybaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #615 on: September 03, 2012, 02:57:34 AM »
Just ordered the Away Kit with his name... brilliant!
Football is the religion, WBA is the God.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #616 on: September 03, 2012, 03:47:50 PM »
3 top performances. As others have said he makes a difficult job look easy. It seems Mulumbu is relishing having him alongside too.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #617 on: September 03, 2012, 04:07:11 PM »
He is one of those players where you will really notice how good he is when he is not playing. Absolute class so far, simple and effective.
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

RacingClub

« Reply #618 on: September 04, 2012, 09:48:39 AM »
Hi guys, i came to update you with more info

remember when we talk about another jewels of my club? and i remark Centurion and Vietto ?

well , the first one is just outstanding class and the second one just make a hattrick in the last game! amazing and only 18 years old!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlBHL9vC-Dw

i hope we can contain these two young jewels and not let them go so fast, theyre young and if we develop him in the right way, they could be the next Argentinian top class players!!!

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #619 on: September 04, 2012, 10:23:29 AM »
Hi guys, i came to update you with more info

remember when we talk about another jewels of my club? and i remark Centurion and Vietto ?

well , the first one is just outstanding class and the second one just make a hattrick in the last game! amazing and only 18 years old!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlBHL9vC-Dw

i hope we can contain these two young jewels and not let them go so fast, theyre young and if we develop him in the right way, they could be the next Argentinian top class players!!!

Thanks for the link RacingClub the lad certainly has potential to go far he has lots going for him
1st goal right foot
2nd goal head
3rd goal left foot
A full house all but pace was on show in that clip,is he quick RacingClub 

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #620 on: September 04, 2012, 10:45:22 AM »
Thanks for the link RacingClub the lad certainly has potential to go far he has lots going for him
1st goal right foot
2nd goal head
3rd goal left foot
A full house all but pace was on show in that clip,is he quick RacingClub 

Can he get a work permit?  ;D

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #621 on: September 04, 2012, 01:59:45 PM »
Claudio Yacob is calmness personified

50/52 completed passes v Liverpool

anyone know his stats from Saturday?
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #622 on: September 04, 2012, 02:26:40 PM »
Claudio Yacob is calmness personified

50/52 completed passes v Liverpool

anyone know his stats from Saturday?

88% Pass Accuracy Saturday according to whoscored.com 90% overall from the first 3 games.
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #623 on: September 04, 2012, 06:40:45 PM »
88% Pass Accuracy Saturday according to whoscored.com 90% overall from the first 3 games.
I watched him the whole game, he gave the ball away once!

Pseudo_Intel

« Reply #624 on: September 07, 2012, 11:16:07 AM »
Yacob thanks club and fans for warm welcome in his first interview

CLAUDIO Yacob says The Hawthorns has felt like home...from the moment he experienced his first ‘boing boing’!

In his first interview since joining Albion on a Bosman in July, the Argentina international has thanked the club and supporters for making him feel so welcome in his new country. The former Racing Club de Avellaneda midfielder arrived in the Black Country in relatively low key fashion – which is in stark contrast to the stir he has caused with his first three appearances for the Baggies. His performances as a holding midfielder have earned him rave reviews among the plaudits and made him an instant hit with the fans.

Yacob, who is currently learning English, has helped Steve Clarke’s side bag seven points from their opening three games and he has witnessed the supporters celebrate six Barclays Premier League goals in their own unique style.

He claims his impressive performances are a direct result of how quickly he has settled at Albion. “What’s really helped me is feeling so comfortable and so at home within the club from the moment I arrived,” said Yacob. “Everyone at the club has helped me to feel very welcome.

“Obviously, without being able to speak the language, that has been a very important factor in helping me deal with the demands of the Premier League. But you don’t need to be able to speak English to understand the ‘boing boing’ and I hope there will be lots of ‘boing boinging’ going on this season! Even without understanding the language, I have felt warmth from the supporters and the staff and, at the moment, I don’t need the words to feel that I’ve been made very welcome.

"It’s fantastic and I feel I have settled in really well. The life I have here is excellent and I’m very content with that. The challenge is to establish myself as a Premier League player by playing for West Brom and that’s what I plan to do. Everything else is absolutely fine.”

Albion are only Yacob’s second club, having previously progressed through the ranks at Argentine Primera Division outfit Racing. The 25-year-old says he has always dreamed of playing in the Premier League and is determined to keep up his early-season form.

“When I was in Argentina, I was always saw it as a challenge to play in the Premier League,” added Yacob. “It was something that I really wanted to do. It hasn’t let me down in terms of the intensity of the games. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the first three games and I think it’s important that, as a team, we’ve remained unbeaten. I’m happy with my performance and I’m looking forward to the future games.”

Yacob hasn’t looked back since catching the eye on his debut against Liverpool and he is hoping the ‘no fear’ attitude the team displayed in the season-opener will become an integral part of their season. “It was a great challenge to play against Liverpool in my first game – especially as I hadn’t played for three or four months in Argentina,” he said. “I realised that playing against Liverpool was a very difficult challenge in my first game.

“But I prepared well both in terms of my mental and physical preparation in the days and weeks leading up to the game and I was very pleased the result was a positive one. I was fully aware of the history, prestige and reputation of Liverpool. But we also need to take into account that West Brom have a very good history. We shouldn’t be afraid of playing teams like Liverpool. As the season goes on, we should confront the challenge of playing against teams that have good history and remember that we also have a place in the Premier League.”

However, not everything has run smoothly for the midfield dynamo, who was without his much-loved pet dog Lunar during his first few weeks in England due to the quarantine process. “Lunar is here now and there are no more problems with that,” said Yacob. “The dog seems even happier than I am! In Argentina, he had to stay in the apartment, but here we have a house with a garden and he has been ‘boing boinging’ a lot!”

To underline the affection Yacob has for his new club, he quipped: “I will also be getting a West Brom shirt for my girlfriend!”

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/el-boing-boing-356784.aspx

Legend!  :D

Getting his gf a west brom shirt :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 11:30:13 AM by Quakes Fan »