Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 325856 times)

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #200 on: July 19, 2012, 02:34:10 PM »
Tbf if he has made that choice i cant blame him why would you play in england when you can go to spain, brazil, etc madness, still a wounder for us but will move on to others.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #201 on: July 19, 2012, 02:35:29 PM »
so let me get this straight, the argentine wants the british club to relinquish control of him.

I see Falkland fallout in the South American papers methinks  ;) surprised the local government haven't caught up on this

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #202 on: July 19, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »
all the hysteria, is boring me, ill await the official, we have signed, or the official we have pulled out of the race, before excitement or disappointment sets in, let things take their course, we cant change them

How dare you come on here with your level headedness....don't you know that hysteria is the fuel for the fire! ;D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

michaelwh

« Reply #203 on: July 19, 2012, 02:37:38 PM »
As always in these drawn out transfers(which is most deals we do).The club has treated the fans with total contempt.A simple update once in a blue would be nice.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #204 on: July 19, 2012, 02:43:33 PM »
As always in these drawn out transfers(which is most deals we do).The club has treated the fans with total contempt.A simple update once in a blue would be nice.

The one thing surely you can't criticise is the way we conduct our transfers. We do it as professionally and diligently as possible. If it takes a long time to get the best possible deal, so be it. Updating fans with news about transfers would be very unwise in my opinion.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #205 on: July 19, 2012, 02:44:05 PM »
and say what, hey guys we are after player x,y and z they have a fee of this,this and this. They want these wages but we want to give them this, of course now that we've told you this it's open info now so another team could easily outbid us but whatever, thought you'd like to know.

short answer:- we don't NEED to know

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #206 on: July 19, 2012, 02:44:35 PM »

Update on what? We are having talks with players we are interested in. We took a break until Monday. Player X's agent is a bit of an backside and demands three lumps of sugar in his tea. 

michaelwh

« Reply #207 on: July 19, 2012, 02:49:34 PM »
So you are saying the club shouldn't issue a statement on transfer which have broken down such as Doumbia.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #208 on: July 19, 2012, 02:50:38 PM »

I'd rather the club said nothing to be honest. Too many times have we announced we have been after someone only for it to fall through. Ehiogu, Carew, Hargreaves etc.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #209 on: July 19, 2012, 02:52:19 PM »
I cant see how any fan can think the club is treating the fans with contempt.

They have said they are in discussions with the player at this point everything else will and should remain confidential.

Some of the posts on the transfer forum in general really strike me as fans wanting it all now and not being prepared to wait abit of the 'Varuca Salt Syndrome' creeping into our fans now we have stayed up for a few seasons.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #210 on: July 19, 2012, 02:53:52 PM »

We're not a celebrity football club and rightfully we should keep things behind closed doors.

I think people would be all the more annoyed if we claimed our interest in a player on the official site and it doesn't work out for some reason or another. How it is now, is how it should be in my opinion. Owen Hargreaves was one we publically declared on the official site and got nowhere with.

If folk can't get by without a bit of gossip or rumour then, well, that's their problem.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

michaelwh

« Reply #211 on: July 19, 2012, 02:55:52 PM »
Surely if the club would issue a simple statement such as in the case of Doumbia and Yacob it would put an end to a lot of the rubbish and constant speculation.Im not expecting figures to be released only a fool would expect that.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #212 on: July 19, 2012, 02:58:30 PM »
Clarke said last night talks with yacob were ongoing. The club told local press the doumbia deal was off so they have already done exactly what you are asking
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:01:36 PM by lewisant »

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #213 on: July 19, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »
So you are saying the club shouldn't issue a statement on transfer which have broken down such as Doumbia.

Maybe this one hasn't broke down then? And the Doumbia story came out in the press, maybe the club let that information out.

michaelwh

« Reply #214 on: July 19, 2012, 03:04:50 PM »
Leaking story to favored journos is hardly a statement it simply adds to the rumour mill.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #215 on: July 19, 2012, 03:05:50 PM »
Surely if the club would issue a simple statement such as in the case of Doumbia and Yacob it would put an end to a lot of the rubbish and constant speculation.Im not expecting figures to be released only a fool would expect that.

There will be a lot of rubbish regardless. Like the rubbish with PO moving on that keeps coming up. Some people just like to spread rubbish and will grasp any opportunity to do so.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #216 on: July 19, 2012, 03:12:26 PM »
We're signing Messi?!  :o

Sky sports now saying"Albion are close to signing Messi according to one of there sources  ;)"

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #217 on: July 19, 2012, 03:17:59 PM »
Sky sports now saying"Albion are close to signing Messi according to one of there sources  ;)"
your smiley winky face leads me to believe everything you said as fact and that these sources are incredibly reliable and never create news for sensationalism sake

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #218 on: July 19, 2012, 03:18:23 PM »

No it wouldn't, because you wouldn't believe what they're telling you!
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #219 on: July 19, 2012, 03:58:55 PM »

and let other clubs know who our targets are! yes that makes perfect sense! NOT

TLMS17

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #220 on: July 19, 2012, 04:23:52 PM »
Can somebody enlighten me a little. if a player doesn't want to come to this club because he just doesn't want to, how is that the clubs fault? Are we meant to kidnapp and force him to play then  ???
Born For Albion     Live For Albion     Die For Albion

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #221 on: July 19, 2012, 04:24:45 PM »
Me? Im with Roy..................................Buy British

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #222 on: July 19, 2012, 04:49:45 PM »
Chris Lepkowski ?@chrislepkowski

Re Yacob. Find it a little difficult to believe UK's tax criteria weren't mentioned during his talks last week. Will seek clarity post-game

This transfer is turning into a saga it seems.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #223 on: July 19, 2012, 05:03:13 PM »
So basically, he's changed his mind because he prefers sun and more money. Now he's "crying" like a girl to us to get his pre-contract agreement ripped up as he's had this other offer. Don't let him get that agreement cancelled Jezza. Don't know if I'd want him now anyway 'IF' those reports are accurate.

Jamesa2407

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #224 on: July 19, 2012, 05:11:21 PM »
Following on from a few comments above, Firstly I don't understand why people 'Create' Speculation. Is it to be noticed by other users? or just to try and be different. When a deal especially with a free agent it can be even more complicated, they are free to talk to which ever and how many clubs they want, with little or no restrictions. When this deal became public, it sparked more club's to make a move for him as it always does, and following on from what BH baggie said, the language barrier and other factor's in a deal can drag things out.
However yes I do hope he sign's I think he will be that box to box midfielder we are lacking. We have attacking midfielders we have a defensive midfielder in Mulumbu, And Yacob really fit's the model in between both attacking and defensive. However if he and I repeat he chooses not to sign, then it's not the end of the world as Albion will just move on and find and discover other target, maybe better targets.
"We Are West Bromwich Albion
West Bromwich Albion FC"