Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1311010 times)

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #1350 on: May 16, 2016, 09:38:20 PM »
if brighton fail to get up I would definitely enquire about knockaert, that's about 5 times I've watched him this season and he always causes problems for the opposition full backs. he's better than what we've got and wouldn't cost a fortune.

Not seen much of him, I remember him being pretty hit and miss for Leicester. Lets face it most Championship wingers are probably better than what we have.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1351 on: May 16, 2016, 09:43:19 PM »
Not seen much of him, I remember him being pretty hit and miss for Leicester. Lets face it most Championship wingers are probably better than what we have.
he's ripping sheff wed a new one tonight in the play offs. watched him against Cardiff and he was superb maybe just a bit too attack minded for pulis.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1352 on: May 16, 2016, 10:22:32 PM »
Sheff Wed the first side off to Wembley. Hull likely to join them.

Just had a call from our lass screaming down my ear  :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1353 on: May 16, 2016, 10:39:33 PM »
Brighton bottled another season! Congrats to Sheffield Wed though

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1354 on: May 17, 2016, 09:49:39 AM »
I was hoping for a trip to the seaside but at least we are the only Albion still in the greedy premier
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1355 on: May 17, 2016, 10:03:04 AM »
Knockhaert does look a decent player, caused all sorts of problems first 25 minutes and probably could of had 2-3 goals.

He seems the type of player that would push through a move to the Prem should it come up.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1356 on: May 17, 2016, 10:33:49 AM »
I was hoping for a trip to the seaside but at least we are the only Albion still in the greedy premier

It's looking good for me though! Either a short trip across the city or a train ride to Sheffield!

macc_baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1357 on: May 17, 2016, 10:51:09 AM »
It's looking good for me though! Either a short trip across the city or a train ride to Sheffield!

I really hope Hull go up - gives me the chance to go back to visit people and catch Albion in the process!

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1358 on: May 17, 2016, 12:54:00 PM »
I said to my mates before the final day, that whoever finishes third in the championship (Brighton / Burnley / Middlesbrough) wouldn't make it through the play-offs. I felt they would be too deflated to raise their game again.

Would prefer to see Wednesday beat Hull / Derby now.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1359 on: May 17, 2016, 12:58:40 PM »
I said to my mates before the final day, that whoever finishes third in the championship (Brighton / Burnley / Middlesbrough) wouldn't make it through the play-offs. I felt they would be too deflated to raise their game again.

Hoping Wednesday win it. Done both Hull and Debry, and although both great ale trips, would love a new away.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1360 on: May 17, 2016, 01:14:59 PM »
I really hope Hull go up - gives me the chance to go back to visit people and catch Albion in the process!

I'd prefer Sheff Wed to come up to be honest, some of the City fans I know get unbearable when they have their 2 seasons at the top table.

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1361 on: May 17, 2016, 01:51:06 PM »

Felt a tad sorry for Brighton over the 2 legs - they certainly drew the short straw in the first game losing 4 players injured & playing with 10 for a good portion of the second half - if they'd have got a 2nd yesterday when they were going at it hammer & tongs I think they'd have won! However, well played to Wednesday who rode the storm before Brighton burnt themselves out!
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1362 on: May 17, 2016, 08:45:38 PM »
Derby having a go at overturning a 0-3 deficit! 2 up at half time!
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1363 on: May 28, 2016, 08:55:48 AM »
Nigel Pearson going to Derby should give them their best opportunity to finally stop bottling it every season and put in a genuine title challenge next season.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1364 on: May 28, 2016, 09:03:56 AM »
Just read that Hull failed to sell all of their tickets for the playoff final so Sheffield Wednesday were given some more, I know Hull have been to Wembley a few times in recent years but surely you should be selling out a game of this magnitude relatively easily.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1365 on: May 28, 2016, 09:55:01 AM »
Just read that Hull failed to sell all of their tickets for the playoff final so Sheffield Wednesday were given some more, I know Hull have been to Wembley a few times in recent years but surely you should be selling out a game of this magnitude relatively easily.

Hull are a small club. Big place but not much footballing tradition.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1366 on: May 29, 2016, 01:40:29 AM »
Their following was hard to describe. Pathetic beyond belief

Beginning to think i'm cursed. Three 1-0 defeats in a row. Gutting.

Had an awesome day though. Wednesday fans were everywhere. Sampled a few decent pubs and had a crackin day with a great set of supporters.

They're on there way back, just not today..

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1367 on: May 29, 2016, 07:50:48 AM »
Hull are a small club. Big place but not much footballing tradition.

True, rugby league has always been bigger up here.

There was a fair bit of anger at the way they failed to get automatic promotion having been in a strong position for 3/4 of the season. I think a lot of their fans thought they'd get beat so didn't bother going.
They'll have their extra 5000 Premier league fans next season though...they always do.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1368 on: May 29, 2016, 09:02:13 AM »
Sad for Wednesday. Great club with fantastic supporters.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1369 on: May 29, 2016, 11:57:56 AM »
True, rugby league has always been bigger up here.

There was a fair bit of anger at the way they failed to get automatic promotion having been in a strong position for 3/4 of the season. I think a lot of their fans thought they'd get beat so didn't bother going.
They'll have their extra 5000 Premier league fans next season though...they always do.

Saying that - they were a very professional outfit yesterday. Did a job on Wednesday by making sure Bannan and Foriestieri could have no influence on the game. Hull deserved to win, they were the better side, just a shame Wednesday left one of their poorer performances of the season for yesterday.

Disappointed on another note because I think Hull is a boring away day to be honest. Even moreso when you compare them to the other three sides that was in the play-offs.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1370 on: May 31, 2016, 01:24:13 PM »

There is actually an organised protest movement against the Alam family who own the club, which involves turning their backs on the club and not lining their pockets. Once they are gone, the fans will return.

It probably hurts to take a stand against your own club, especially when you miss out on big days like that, but sometimes it's what you have to do, rather than prop up a regime or management you don't agree with.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1371 on: May 31, 2016, 01:33:06 PM »
There is actually an organised protest movement against the Alam family who own the club, which involves turning their backs on the club and not lining their pockets. Once they are gone, the fans will return.

It probably hurts to take a stand against your own club, especially when you miss out on big days like that, but sometimes it's what you have to do, rather than prop up a regime or management you don't agree with.
From what I gather though, Allam has done quite a lot for Hull who were in big debt before he took over in 2010 and has since steadied them financially?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:35:58 PM by WBArgo »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1372 on: June 01, 2016, 08:23:47 AM »
The goings on at Leeds, shocking really. Steve Evans sacked now and he didnt do to bad.47% win rate with Leeds
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1373 on: June 01, 2016, 08:58:21 AM »
From what I gather though, Allam has done quite a lot for Hull who were in big debt before he took over in 2010 and has since steadied them financially?

Allam bought Hull City for £1 as they had something like £40M debts. He has put in about £100M of his own money. Hull City now have debts of around £70M apparently. There is supposed to be a takeover in the offing.

Allam was seen as a bit of a saviour at first but the name change fiasco and telling fans to go and die really upset a lot of diehard fans. He also refused to allow a parade of honour around the city the last time they went up as he had had a falling out with the local councils refusal to sell him the ground and surrounding land. He threatened to build a stadium at Brough (where the M62 starts/ends) but this has never happened. He is a dictator for want of a better word.

There is an ongoing issue with season tickets being now called season membership. Apparently you can't pay out right for one and have to pay in installments. You can also change seats for every game if you want to. It seems that some fans are paying less than last year while others are paying more.

I think when he finally does leave his time in charge of the club will be seen as largely negative by most fans.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1374 on: June 02, 2016, 11:04:18 PM »
The goings on at Leeds, shocking really. Steve Evans sacked now and he didnt do to bad.47% win rate with Leeds

Garry Monk replacing him...

On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.