Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1310916 times)

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #850 on: May 24, 2014, 04:55:20 PM »
Derby robbed like they robbed us. Go get mclaren peace
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #851 on: May 24, 2014, 05:00:23 PM »
George Thorne was excellent today. I will certainly be happy to see him in our squad next season. I dont know how I feel on this one, never liked Harry Rednapp but I felt totally awful seven years ago in the rain when Derby beat us.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #852 on: May 24, 2014, 05:10:17 PM »
Derby robbed like they robbed us. Go get mclaren peace
We lost because we weren't good enough, Derby lost because of luck.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #853 on: May 24, 2014, 05:10:28 PM »
George Thorne was excellent today. I will certainly be happy to see him in our squad next season. I dont know how I feel on this one, never liked Harry Rednapp but I felt totally awful seven years ago in the rain when Derby beat us.

Couldn't help but cheer derby on but it's good character building for their fans that put us through pai at Wemb-er-ley a few years ago. I don't like QPR but i hope for WBA to go for McLaren so i guess i'm happy with the result?!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #854 on: May 24, 2014, 05:18:23 PM »

Not sure about that, we dominated Derby, who kicked Jason Koumas off the pitch with seeming impugnity. What goes round comes round, I don't like QPR or 'Arry but I can't help but have a smile at this result and manner of it.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #855 on: May 24, 2014, 05:56:17 PM »

I'm not sure you can say they lost because of "luck", they couldn't score, and then made a terrible mistake in defence. Nothing unlucky about that.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #856 on: May 24, 2014, 06:16:17 PM »
One things for sure...I won't be tuning into Talkcrap this weekend. >:(
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #857 on: May 24, 2014, 06:28:27 PM »
I'm not sure you can say they lost because of "luck", they couldn't score, and then made a terrible mistake in defence. Nothing unlucky about that.

I agree. My point is though Derby deserved to win today much more than we did back in 2007, that day was much more even.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #858 on: May 25, 2014, 12:49:20 AM »
horrible horrible result  :(

QPR are another london side with an irresponsible and inappropriate owner plus a tap up merchant lying manager....

What is not to hate about them being promoted....

If you want to know why the soul of football is dying.... Read QPR

On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #859 on: May 25, 2014, 12:22:30 PM »
horrible horrible result  :(

QPR are another london side with an irresponsible and inappropriate owner plus a tap up merchant lying manager....

What is not to hate about them being promoted....

If you want to know why the soul of football is dying.... Read QPR

Couldn't agree more. Whilst I enjoyed seeing the looks on the Derby fans faces and knowing they now feel how we felt I still wanted them to win. To have QPR back in the Prem with that bloke in charge is just galling. Tin pot club, tin pot fans, tin pot stadium with that thing as manager. I wonder how quick he would have walked away if they hadn't won yesterday.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #860 on: May 25, 2014, 02:39:14 PM »
I love my trips to West London.QPR have a big job to replace many of their ageing players.I think they will struggle again next season

QPR
Burnley and another to go down.We will be amongst the bottom 6 again i feel
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #861 on: May 26, 2014, 10:49:46 AM »
QPR already looking to add to there aging squad with the likes of Frank Lampard and Rio Ferdinand. Persoanlly I think they will struggle next season along with Burnley. Leicester will do the best out of the three.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #862 on: June 11, 2014, 05:48:48 PM »
Sheffield Wednesday are the next club to have been bought by some billionaire. They have been brought by Azerbaijani businessman Hafiz Mammadov. He also owns the French club Lens and has recently got them promoted from the French second division to the Ligue 1. He's apparently paid in the region of £40million to purchase the club from Milan Mandaric.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #863 on: June 12, 2014, 08:00:38 AM »
Sheffield Wednesday are the next club to have been bought by some billionaire. They have been brought by Azerbaijani businessman Hafiz Mammadov. He also owns the French club Lens and has recently got them promoted from the French second division to the Ligue 1. He's apparently paid in the region of £40million to purchase the club from Milan Mandaric.

Should we go get Mandaric now then
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #864 on: June 12, 2014, 01:49:48 PM »

No - Mandaric does not have the funds to run a Premier League club - or if he does he certainly isn't willing to throw them around. After he had turned around SWFC into a championship club, his transfer policy became reliant on loans and freebies (usually players recovering from injuries). He's been looking to sell for a while and has finally achieved that aim.

I believe he's going to stay on as chairman - he just won't fund the club. Once he is finished with SWFC he will finish with football altogether as his wife is not very well and he has commitments elsewhere.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #865 on: June 12, 2014, 01:58:59 PM »
No - Mandaric does not have the funds to run a Premier League club - or if he does he certainly isn't willing to throw them around. After he had turned around SWFC into a championship club, his transfer policy became reliant on loans and freebies (usually players recovering from injuries). He's been looking to sell for a while and has finally achieved that aim.

I believe he's going to stay on as chairman - he just won't fund the club. Once he is finished with SWFC he will finish with football altogether as his wife is not very well and he has commitments elsewhere.

I don't think they guy has the capability to run a Premier League club let alone fund one.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #866 on: June 12, 2014, 07:12:20 PM »
I don't think they guy has the capability to run a Premier League club let alone fund one.

Why? He's had largely successful tenures at the football clubs he has owned and has always sold them onto owners who could take the club further than he could.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #867 on: June 14, 2014, 12:56:36 PM »
Why? He's had largely successful tenures at the football clubs he has owned and has always sold them onto owners who could take the club further than he could.

I think the PL is a different ball game now compared to when Pompey were in it. At Leicester and Sheffield Wednesday the clubs hardly prospered under him either.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #868 on: June 14, 2014, 02:39:32 PM »
I think the PL is a different ball game now compared to when Pompey were in it. At Leicester and Sheffield Wednesday the clubs hardly prospered under him either.

Quite the contrary.

He picked Leicester up when they were in dire financial trouble and although they suffered a relegation in his first season they responded emphatically the following season under Nigel Pearson to earn promotion. The following season they lost to Cardiff in a penalty shoot-out in the play-offs. He's then sold them to this rich consortium they have now who have since taken them to the Premier League.

The circumstances at Sheffield Wednesday were similar, too. A club that were ravaged by debts and were on the brink of liquidation. Milan brought the club, paid off a lot of their debts and settled others and eventually set aside turning around a club which were in a relegation battle in league one. He sacked Irvine, appointed Megson and they stayed up comfortably in mid-table. The following season they were promoted with one of the highest points tallies seen in league one, over-taking their rivals. The following two seasons have seen them consolidate themselves in the championship on a low wage budget before selling the club to a rich Azerbaijani businessman with a proven track record of running clubs appropriately.

He's not brilliant but he has done a superb job in turning around clubs which have been hampered financially.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #869 on: June 16, 2014, 04:57:20 PM »

He has lost 2/3rds of his wealth (Commercial property collapse).
Baggie in Southampton

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #870 on: June 16, 2014, 05:11:01 PM »
He has lost 2/3rds of his wealth (Commercial property collapse).

Not possible now anyway i would have thought :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #871 on: July 13, 2014, 02:30:31 PM »
Spare a thought for the Blackpool fans the next time we're bemoaning our club not spending the money or leaving us without a squad of players.

Blackpool at this moment in time only have eight players registered on their books with the Championship season only a month away.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/09/blackpool-left-with-just-eight-players-one-month-before-championship-season-starts-4792251/?

Their new manager Jose Riga has already reportedly fell out with chairman Karl Oyston. Not hard to see why either.

Amazing to think that they were in the Premier League four years ago.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #872 on: July 14, 2014, 11:00:59 AM »
Mandaric is a genius at buying near bankrupt football clubs stabilising them and selling them on at a profit. I am absolutely staggered that he has sold Sheffield Wednesday for £40m. They would be a terrible buy at half that price masses of potential as a Premier League club but the buyers will bleed money unless they get promoted.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #873 on: July 27, 2014, 08:46:44 PM »
Channel 4 have run a report into the finances at Blackpool - it doesn't make pleasant listening for their supporters although many of these truths had already been exposed. There are under 14 days until their season starts and they currently only have eight players.

Channel 4 Report on Blackpool

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #874 on: August 09, 2014, 03:14:11 PM »
Leeds are losing 1-0 already.

Not even managed ten minutes into Dave Hockaday's reign.  :D