Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2080235 times)

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #6825 on: June 18, 2018, 07:00:59 PM »
They won't come down. Not in my opinion. Teeming with quality but it's going to be interesting to see how the players go from being big fishes in a small pond to not.

They're not going to get into the Champions League in a hurry mind, Mendes' help or not. Leicester were a massive exception.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6826 on: June 18, 2018, 07:17:48 PM »

Hahaha

They will come straight back down.
They won't but I think they will find the second season difficult. Its a good bit of business for them.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6827 on: June 18, 2018, 09:02:58 PM »
They won't come down. Not in my opinion. Teeming with quality but it's going to be interesting to see how the players go from being big fishes in a small pond to not.

They're not going to get into the Champions League in a hurry mind, Mendes' help or not. Leicester were a massive exception.

Teeming? Really. The centre back is a journeyman. The striker not prolific. The defensive midfielder on the radar of bigger clubs. The rest are average Chumps cloggers. Coady. Both full backs. The wingers. They're going down.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6828 on: June 18, 2018, 09:49:01 PM »

Teeming? Really. The centre back is a journeyman. The striker not prolific. The defensive midfielder on the radar of bigger clubs. The rest are average Chumps cloggers. Coady. Both full backs. The wingers. They're going down.

Patricio, Neves, Cavaleiro, Jota

Think that's a really good start personally. Four quality players are hard to find in any newly promoted side. Their back four needs serious work and maybe teeming was OTT but there's undoubted class in that side.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6829 on: June 18, 2018, 10:22:56 PM »
Hates me to say it but cant see them coiming down either . Mendes got to many contacts to get the players in they need . So stop up do think there in for a rude awakening .

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6830 on: June 18, 2018, 11:24:57 PM »
They'll stay up but Leicester have a squad full of players of the quality of Patricio and Jota, and even Leicester won't get near the top 6.

Think Jimenez is a poor signing as well, scoring record is poor across his career and he couldn't get a game for Benfica ahead of Mitroglu.

Despite the wealth of their owners they seem to rely on loan signings and dodgy dealings (Afobe/Patricio), as soon as Mendes is no longer on board then there's nothing separating them from any of the other also-rans.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6831 on: July 23, 2018, 09:16:26 AM »
I see they are signing Moutinho now. No doubt Andre Silva will arrive from Milan at some stage too.

I imagine that they will soon have exhausted all of Mendes's clients at the level they are at. They are beginning to look like Portugal Mark II.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6832 on: July 23, 2018, 09:44:03 AM »
£5m for Moutinho is brilliant business.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6833 on: July 23, 2018, 11:33:05 AM »
£5m for Moutinho is brilliant business.

Correct. He is a brilliant footballer and still only 31.

Him and Neves next season make for an exciting midfield duo. In front of that they will have Jota, Costa, Cavaleiro, Raul Jimenez and whoever else they may bring in. They will go well this season, sadly.

j2burnz

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6834 on: July 23, 2018, 03:05:22 PM »
not completely sure about moutinho, hes obviously been a superb footballer, but 31 is definitely past his best and he will only decline from here - the premier league is unforgiving.

also dont think the level of excitement will be matched by the player.

risky signing at massive wages for me

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6835 on: July 23, 2018, 03:12:35 PM »
europa league mark my words
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6836 on: July 23, 2018, 04:08:32 PM »

But Will they do it on a wet weekend in huddersfield, I doubt they will have the Britsh factor in the team next season, more of a latin feel to the squad this season I think, My Fiver says they will be no where near Europa League
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6837 on: July 23, 2018, 05:27:03 PM »
I'd expect them to stay up comfortably, and having players all speaking the same language will be good for their squad, but like others have pointed out, there are a lot of good players in the premier league now.

Fulham, Brighton, West Ham and Huddersfield have all spent monumental amounts on players, so it is not that out of the ordinary for this summer.

The real test will come next season - do they push on from staying up, or do they then start to sell players like Neves to rivald if he thrives in the league?
Boing Boing

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6838 on: July 23, 2018, 05:34:42 PM »

We have money on this don't we Glyn????
MAGA!

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6839 on: July 23, 2018, 05:42:53 PM »
Going off the rails a bit this lot for me. I was envious of how Fosun were going about it with the focus on youth and getting the likes of Neves and Jota with massive resale potential. They're now just hoovering up anyone with links to Mendes and and a Portugal cap. Moutinho is 32 soon and clearly on his way down, they're also after 35 year old Pepe if reports are to be believed.

In the battle for best of the rest, I think they're behind Everton, Leicester, West Ham and Southampton at the least.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6840 on: July 23, 2018, 05:51:45 PM »
Going off the rails a bit this lot for me. I was envious of how Fosun were going about it with the focus on youth and getting the likes of Neves and Jota with massive resale potential. They're now just hoovering up anyone with links to Mendes and and a Portugal cap. Moutinho is 32 soon and clearly on his way down, they're also after 35 year old Pepe if reports are to be believed.

In the battle for best of the rest, I think they're behind Everton, Leicester, West Ham and Southampton at the least.

I expected more too, although there is still time for them to do more.

Seems to me like they’ve had to spend around £30m just to maintain the side that got promoted. The keeper hasn’t played in a league where he will have faced the same sort of tests as he will in the premiership and as said above, Moutinho is soon 32 and the league is unforgiving.

I don’t think they will go down mind but they may not be as comfortably as they hoped / believe / lording it about  .

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6841 on: July 23, 2018, 05:54:21 PM »

I am still convinced that it will all end in tears.......
MAGA!

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6842 on: July 23, 2018, 05:59:49 PM »
Moutinho .....dear me thats a top signing for them  :-X
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6843 on: July 23, 2018, 06:07:03 PM »
I am still convinced that it will all end in tears.......

Same.

I think they'll be bottom 3.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6844 on: July 23, 2018, 06:12:01 PM »

Same.

I am thinking financially as well Jacko, but I agree with your thoughts on the position.
MAGA!

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6845 on: July 23, 2018, 09:37:14 PM »
I'm quite enjoying the optimism from the Dingles (something as an Albion fan I know I'll never have), it reminds me of the last time that they got promoted and were going to be in the Champions league within three seasons ... and we know how that ended.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6846 on: July 23, 2018, 10:10:24 PM »

Same.

You can get odds of 9/1 for Wolves to go down...

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6847 on: July 24, 2018, 05:16:02 PM »
While not all directly linked, 3 portuguese internationals, Guedes at PSG and Pepe / Quaresma both at Besiktas have been left out of their match day squads for their upcoming games.

Could be nothing, but as they are all Mendes clients, all 3 could potentially end up at Wolves.
Boing Boing

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6848 on: July 24, 2018, 06:04:22 PM »
They will finish mid table with the players they have and look like getting. Cant see them being bottom 3 . Really hope i am wrong

MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6849 on: July 24, 2018, 08:20:18 PM »
People thinking with their hearts rather than their heads if they think wolves will be bottom 3
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?