West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Didn't he score 10 in his first season?  Or did that include cups?

nope, scored 9,8 and 7 league goals in 3 premier league seasons with Albion. scored 1 cup goal first season and 2 cup goals in the final season.

so no, never scored double figures in the league and at the moment has 9 with Newcastle so his goal scoring ability hasn't improved and remains in my eyes, average at best.

It included cups he's never got more than 9 league goals for us. He should manage it for Newcastle this season though.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Promotion - or redundancy
« Last post by Jeremy Roland Peace on Today at 01:58:49 PM »
we are in a better position than Swansea and Stoke financially due to the flex down in contracts that halved the squad wages. add in we also took a good 250k off the wage bill with loans and Chadli going also.

one thing that has caused us issues is the previous chairman spent the money we had in the bank as well as the tv money so we had no money to fall back on.

the tv money and parachute payments is basically keeping us afloat at moment and no extra investment is needed, however in the summer money will need to be raised similar to the season where we saw Koumas and Kamara go for good money.
Next Match Forum - 29/03 Birmingham City (H) / Re: Pre Match Chat
« Last post by KN22 on Today at 12:57:39 PM »
looking forward to it after the international break. Should be an interesting game but certainly not an easy one. Hope Gibbs is back and Phillips (asking too much???)
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Next manager...
« Last post by baggiejohn on Today at 12:57:14 PM »
Never mind running a football club i sometimes wonder how our directors tie their own shoelaces in a morning. There clearly isnt and never was a plan in place to replace DM.

I run a business, now granted it is nowhere near the size of albion however i have a number of senior managers in place in key roles, however a key part of how i have managed to run my business is I have this mystical thing called a back up plan in place should any of my key managers leave or require removing from their post). Not for one minute is my business revolutionary nor am i some kind of genius it is just common sense in any business where you have to rely on others to manage areas of it.

Why does this board of directors continue to think that albion fans are an irrelevance to them and instead of providing some kind of regular update particularly in the current situation they prefer to say nothing almost with an arrogant air of superiority that it doesnt matter if they tell us anything as we should trust that they will get it right!

At the moment i really fear that jimmy shan who seems a genuine guy is going to be used and hung out to dry as the fall guy when all this starts crashing down around us towards the end of the season when the reality is we will have about 7 first team players if as i and many others suspect the likes of jrod, dawson etc leave for premier league riches, the loanees go back to their clubs and the free agents refuse or arent offered new contracts.  Do you really see this owner funding an entire new squad?

Have you agreed contract details with the people you have identified as back -up, or are they, in a similar position to WBA's, on a wish list?

Also, let's say you have identified an outstanding potential candidate for a position, one who could really take your business forward,but they wouldn't be available for a few months.
Waiting for them would mean, relying on the existing team (some of whom lack experience) to get you over short term hurdles, but doesn't put the business itself at risk.
Would you wait, or chose not take the risk & move on to a less ideal candidate?

Matt Wilson's article says that James Shan, is not being hung out to dry.
He won't be offered the HC position & will still be at WBA next season, hopefully as an assistant HC.
« Last post by LiamTheBaggie on Today at 12:35:59 PM »
I am not sure why you all expected differently?

This was one of the major reservations that was held against sacking Moore.

The alternatives are not good enough and the club cannot be trusted to oversee such a big change.

I dread the summer..
« Last post by Pureade1 on Today at 12:24:46 PM »
Never mind running a football club i sometimes wonder how our directors tie their own shoelaces in a morning. There clearly isnt and never was a plan in place to replace DM.

I run a business, now granted it is nowhere near the size of albion however i have a number of senior managers in place in key roles, however a key part of how i have managed to run my business is I have this mystical thing called a back up plan in place should any of my key managers leave or require removing from their post). Not for one minute is my business revolutionary nor am i some kind of genius it is just common sense in any business where you have to rely on others to manage areas of it.

Why does this board of directors continue to think that albion fans are an irrelevance to them and instead of providing some kind of regular update particularly in the current situation they prefer to say nothing almost with an arrogant air of superiority that it doesnt matter if they tell us anything as we should trust that they will get it right!

At the moment i really fear that jimmy shan who seems a genuine guy is going to be used and hung out to dry as the fall guy when all this starts crashing down around us towards the end of the season when the reality is we will have about 7 first team players if as i and many others suspect the likes of jrod, dawson etc leave for premier league riches, the loanees go back to their clubs and the free agents refuse or arent offered new contracts.  Do you really see this owner funding an entire new squad?
« Last post by darbolina on Today at 12:01:47 PM »
I'm not surprised by much our club do recently. Standing back and looking at this, giving the directors the benefit of the doubt (and in the recurring vacuum of communication from the club to us as usual)

1) we have some great youngsters (hopefully we keep em.........)

2) we have the foundation of a good championship team next year if we're able to sell a couple and rebuild using the funds

3) keep Jimmy Shan and add one coaches around him and one head coach above him - then we might be returning the system which proved successful longer term until Pulis ripped it up (keep core coaches then replace the head coach to bring fresh ideas from time to time whilst retaining core structure)

Although, maybe this is how a normal, sensible club would work that doesn't panic.........nuff said

The attacking football we have played for most of this season would have been manna from heaven for Rondon, and I think he would have been the difference between top 2 and top 6. Unfortunately we will probably lose him even if we do go up as, even at 30, he represents great value for £16 million, a snip in Premier League terms. Still can't believe the number of people on here who were unable to appreciate what he bought to the team.

Never rated Rondon and always thought he was poor. the goal against argentina he has showed that before for albion but then would have 4 poor games.

£16m for a striker who is in his 4th premier league season and has still never scored double figures is poor really. he should score another 1 in the final 7 games though at newcastle which will be his first season then of double figures.

i remember reading in the summer a lot of fans saying he was never prolific because of the service and the way we play etc but he has still only scored 9 goals in a Newcastle team that play more attacking than we did under Pulis.

he would have been good in the championship and it is a league that suits his attributes more i feel.

anything over £12m is fantastic business really for albion i think.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10