Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONS LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 191853 times)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONS LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2013, 08:08:11 PM »
Welbeck one nil United.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2013, 08:13:27 PM »
I can deal with corners better than de Gea! Flappin' hell!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2013, 10:09:07 PM »
Game finished 1-1.

Terrific result from United. Defensively solid although I thought Madrid looked quite flat at times. De Gea, Evans, Ferdinand, Jones, Evra, Carrick, Kagawa, Welbeck all had very good games

Looking forward to the second leg.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

j2burnz

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2013, 10:50:02 PM »
Kagawa? I thought he was terrible, Rooney was abysmal and Van Persie should have bagged at least 2 but hey anyone can have an off day. Welbeck was excellent and the defence as a whole were bang on.

Referee totally bottled a blatant sending off when Evra was through on goal.

If Man U can do a job on Ronaldo I think they'll win the home tie quite comfortably, minus Ronaldo and Ozil (1st half) I didnt see a great deal to be afraid of though I think you will see Pepe back for Madrid.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2013, 10:59:20 PM »
I thought Kagawa had a good game and caused Madrid problems when he started playing off the back of Van Persie. Thought he utilised the ball well until towards the end where he became tired and eventually replaced.

Agree with the red card shout. Referee bottled it.

Don't think the away goal will play much of a part to be honest, I expect Madrid to score at Old Trafford and therefore cancel out the away goal.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2013, 11:17:27 PM »
I bet Fergie was fuming when the ref blew for full time... just as Utd were about to take a corner. No tiempo de Fergie aqui en España. :D Don´t suppose it would have happened if it had been Madrids corner though.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #156 on: February 19, 2013, 04:00:34 PM »
Arsenal vs Bayern Munich tonight. Looking forward to this. Pressure on Wenger to deliver after their cup exit at the weekend.

Certainly turned up the heat in his pre-match conference yesterday  :D

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #157 on: February 19, 2013, 04:28:56 PM »
Does everyone want English teams to win in Europe? I dont know if I'm different but I honestly never want then to win. I love seeing United and Arsenal fail in Europe.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2013, 04:31:34 PM »
Arsenal have a chance tonight but over the two legs I see Bayern Munich going through.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

jjb0rdell0

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2013, 04:57:10 PM »
Does everyone want English teams to win in Europe? I dont know if I'm different but I honestly never want then to win. I love seeing United and Arsenal fail in Europe.

i doubt they will, but id like to see Juventus win. Got a soft spot for them for no real reason...

reiss

« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2013, 07:56:24 PM »
1-0 to munich

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2013, 09:45:26 AM »
Great to see United get cheated out of a result.

Oh and has Fergie got down the steps yet?  ;D

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2013, 10:46:16 AM »
Great to see United get cheated out of a result.

Oh and has Fergie got down the steps yet?  ;D

Did anyone see Fergie push the bloke out the way trying to get down the steps, funny that

Has far as the sending off is concerned the Ref was only following the uefa ruling.Harsh i know but according to Uefa its a sending off. ha
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

liam-zuiverloon

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2013, 02:16:05 PM »
If anyone was watching itv coverage after the game, Roy keane was starting to make the friendly little studio with Southgate, Dixon and Chiles a little bit hostile. They looked frightened of him when he was arguing that it was a clear red card. Horrible bloke
Some people's spelling is hylaryous.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2013, 04:58:04 PM »
Roy Keane is obviously still very bitter about his United exit.

Wasn't a red card, a bit of common sense and a yellow would have been more than enough.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2013, 05:20:12 PM »
Making contact with your studs on an opponents chest is a red card.Fergie would have wanted one had it been on Rooney and so would the OT crowd.

Unintentional and harsh maybe,but a foot up,dangerous play and red.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2013, 05:34:36 PM »
Dont think it was a red. A red is for Serious Foul Play which the rule book says should be given if the tackle involves using 'excessive force' I dont think it was using excessive force, the only reason it looked bad was becasue the Madrid player literally ran into the foot aswell.

If it was dangerous play that would only result in a indirect free kick and no caution.

The red card was given for Serious foul play not dangerous play and I dont think it was serious foul play.

collins101

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2013, 07:38:55 PM »
Late, high and studs showing is not serious foul play ?

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2013, 08:16:17 PM »
Late, high and studs showing is not serious foul play ?

Trying to control a ball is not serious foul play no.

liam-zuiverloon

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #169 on: March 06, 2013, 09:02:01 PM »
I think the rules would apply if this were an incident where two players challenging for the ball and Nani had raised his foot recklessly or with intent... but it wasn't. He simply tried to bring the ball down with a bit of skill and the other player ended up get a prod of the chest. They way he rolled around was pathetic. This is something that happens in every game of football and if a player raises his foot to control a ball means he has to be sent from the pitch then i feel the game is being ruined. Never was that a red card
Some people's spelling is hylaryous.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2013, 09:06:43 PM »
I think the rules would apply if this were an incident where two players challenging for the ball and Nani had raised his foot recklessly or with intent... but it wasn't. He simply tried to bring the ball down with a bit of skill and the other player ended up get a prod of the chest. They way he rolled around was pathetic. This is something that happens in every game of football and if a player raises his foot to control a ball means he has to be sent from the pitch then i feel the game is being ruined. Never was that a red card

I agree. Actually if you look at the incident closely in slow motion it appears that he in fact just catches his arm with more of a glancing blow. The Real player went down like he had been felled by a Canadian forest logger.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #171 on: March 07, 2013, 07:43:58 AM »
I'm over the moon when our biggest teams lose any game, but particularly when they get knocked out in Europe. British football is loaded significantly in favour of these clubs and the "Champions" League format and qualification just serves to perpetuate this. I'd back any British clubs that don't often get into Europe, except if they're from London of course!

As for the sending off of Nani, Ferguson would have been baying for a red card had a Real Madrid player made that challenge and clubs like Man Utd get unjust decisions going in their favour week-in, week-out. I don't see him saying anything about those, so I found the whole incident and the ultimate result hilarious. Sulking after the match showed no class, particularly for a club which gets so many dodgy decisions in its favour.

We can but also hope that PSG get knocked out in the next round so that we can spared yet more shots of Beckham sitting in the stand.

wdbroun

« Reply #172 on: April 02, 2013, 05:42:08 PM »
OK, you Baggie fans. I really want to see PSG trample over Barça today. And thus ends my profound post on the matter. Move along now ...

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #173 on: April 02, 2013, 07:13:38 PM »
Looking forward to the PSG v Barca game tonight, not bothered who wins as long as there is lots of goals and action.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

wdbroun

« Reply #174 on: April 02, 2013, 07:38:01 PM »
Becks is starting. Surprises me a bit, that. Becks and Messi up against it -- what a photo op!