Author Topic: Nathan Ferguson Joins Crystal Palace  (Read 203805 times)

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Nathan Ferguson
« Reply #425 on: January 26, 2020, 01:55:34 PM »
I like him and hope he stays.
If he leaves, no tears from me.
How will he feel when he's a bench warmer for a premier team while watching his young team mates at wba playing regularly for us next year in the prem.
If they don't want to play for us let them go asap.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 02:30:48 PM by OldburyWBA »

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #426 on: January 26, 2020, 02:06:37 PM »
I really hope we hold onto him. If he can show what he was doing earlier in the season on a regular basis, it should be a no brainer. We should offer him as much as we can with a new contract.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #427 on: January 26, 2020, 03:00:14 PM »
I’d like to hol on to him but have only seen him for a dozen or so matches and to be frank, I’d take a 4m bid from Palace now if it stopped him doing a Louis Barry to us again.

He commits to us, he goes to Palace or his season with us is over. To me those are the only options he should be given.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #428 on: January 26, 2020, 05:17:58 PM »
Seen enough of O'Shea now to know he's the better of the two. Thanks Nathan good luck in your career.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #429 on: January 26, 2020, 07:01:28 PM »
see ya Nathan, thanks for the £4m
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #430 on: January 26, 2020, 07:06:22 PM »
Seen enough of O'Shea now to know he's the better of the two. Thanks Nathan good luck in your career.

Disagree strongly. Based on recent performances maybe. But how about how Ferguson started the season? He was excellent.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #431 on: January 26, 2020, 07:26:42 PM »
Too early to say if O'Shea is better than Ferguson but happy to have him as stand in RB if we get the 4/5m for Ferguson if he wants to go.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #432 on: January 26, 2020, 07:38:05 PM »
4 million pittance into days market for young up and coming England player, 10 million minimum with 50 percent sell on clause. Hope he signs new contract but who knows.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #433 on: January 26, 2020, 08:08:55 PM »
4 million pittance into days market for young up and coming England player, 10 million minimum with 50 percent sell on clause. Hope he signs new contract but who knows.

Unfortunately we’re in no position to demand that. He potentially walks for free in June at the end of his contract.  We’d probably get more than £4m as compensation if he signs for an English club, but only €235k if he signs for a European or Scottish club.  That pretty much forces us to accept £4m now although the player may still decline as that’s £4m which is not available to him and his agent as a signing-on fee if he goes abroad.

Sadly the club has messed this one up. Edwards and Tulloch are also out of contract in June....

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #434 on: January 26, 2020, 09:54:48 PM »
With what happened in the Louie Barry saga and with what is expected to happen with Tulloch to Rangers, i'd be relieved to get £4 million for Ferguson at this point.

It would represent great value for Palace who would definitely be getting the better end of the deal, but it would atleast cover the academy running costs for a whole year and helps justify it's existance. It's much better than what is being currently planned by his s***** agent and what seems to be a growing trend of running away abroad so you get a bigger signing on fee.

I haven't seen enough of our recent games with Ferguson in the team, although I have a suspicion some of the negative reviews of recent performances are slightly influenced by his contract situation (also possibly causing his dip in form). I'd love gim to stay as he has the best chance of our current academy crop of cracking the prem with us (hopefully) next season. I just can't see it.
Boing Boing

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #435 on: January 29, 2020, 02:11:46 PM »
Looks like he is off then. Reportedly in London prior to a move to Palace. No word of the fee yet.

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #436 on: January 29, 2020, 02:12:21 PM »
See ya and good riddance  :-*
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #437 on: January 29, 2020, 02:14:17 PM »
Looks like he is off then. Reportedly in London prior to a move to Palace. No word of the fee yet.

Begs the question why on earth did he play yesterday especially with Townsend playing well Saturday

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #438 on: January 29, 2020, 02:16:39 PM »
Begs the question why on earth did he play yesterday especially with Townsend playing well Saturday
Absolutely bizarre, if true. ::)

Beefy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #439 on: January 29, 2020, 02:31:55 PM »
🚨 | #WBA

BREAKING: Crystal Palace have agreed a deal with West Brom for Nathan Ferguson.

The 19-year-old travelled to London today to complete his medical and sign off on personal terms.

[via Daily Mail] https://t.co/ckvcMa0AVx

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #440 on: January 29, 2020, 02:35:39 PM »
Absolutely bizarre, if true. ::)

Seems the deal only resurrected itself this morning with Palace looking to sell van Aarnholt to PSV

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #441 on: January 29, 2020, 02:36:48 PM »
Really pleased he has gone, takes away uncertainty from the squad, adds to our coffers for much needed team strengthening. His agent played it well but at least we have got a fee.

As for Ferguson,  will he be better off careerwise  with Roy? :D

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #442 on: January 29, 2020, 02:38:29 PM »
At least we made £4million which is something towards the Academy. But nothing to what Palace will earn after he gets sold on. He has the makings of a top wing back.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #443 on: January 29, 2020, 02:44:44 PM »
At least we made £4million which is something towards the Academy. But nothing to what Palace will earn after he gets sold on. He has the makings of a top wing back.

If you read the daily mail report, he's valued at £10 million, be interesting to see what we get, if the report is true.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #444 on: January 29, 2020, 02:53:20 PM »
If it’s 10mil and that goes towards us getting in a striker I’m happy with that.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #445 on: January 29, 2020, 02:54:55 PM »
I hope the money will help convince the powers that be that Hull's Jarrod Bowen could make a huge difference if we are serious about promotion. Ferguson could end up playing Championship football with Palace next season.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #446 on: January 29, 2020, 03:02:31 PM »
If it’s 10mil and that goes towards us getting in a striker I’m happy with that.

It wont be any where near £10 million in my opinion. More likely to be nearer to £3 million tops, unless there are additions based on future games etc.

Cant say I am sorry to see him leave, started the season well but very overrated.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #447 on: January 29, 2020, 03:08:30 PM »
Id would think that Palace will offer much, especially knowing he's out of contract in 20 weeks
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #448 on: January 29, 2020, 03:18:23 PM »
Id would think that Palace will offer much, especially knowing he's out of contract in 20 weeks

Depending what the interest is like it might make them offer more, if they think Spurs might come sniffing in summer for example.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #449 on: January 29, 2020, 03:23:19 PM »

It isn’t going to anywhere near 10 million , won’t even be half of 10 million if I’m guessing .