Author Topic: Charlie Austin loaned to QPR  (Read 161931 times)

section5

• Youth Baggie

Re: Charlie Austin
« Reply #625 on: October 17, 2020, 09:15:07 AM »
Not bad as a substitute option?

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #626 on: October 17, 2020, 09:19:53 AM »
Not bad as a substitute option?

Not for me. He’s past it.

He looks like a cart horse trying to get around the pitch.

A shame really as he could have been useful had there been some life in his legs.

He’s clearly not in Bilic’s plans so I wouldn’t expect to see him any time soon.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #627 on: November 22, 2020, 11:41:14 AM »
A waste of time, finds himself 4th in the pecking order.  Might as well loan him out in the Championship in January, then take a nominal fee <= £1m in the summer.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #628 on: November 22, 2020, 11:57:45 AM »
A waste of time, finds himself 4th in the pecking order.  Might as well loan him out in the Championship in January, then take a nominal fee <= £1m in the summer.

Out of contract in the summer so will leave on a free. We might be able to unload in January but that is just a case of recovering some of his wages, nobody is going to pay us a fee.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #629 on: November 22, 2020, 11:58:21 AM »
Letting him go for sweet fa is better than paying him 50K+ pw

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #630 on: November 23, 2020, 04:10:59 AM »
Letting him go for sweet fa is better than paying him 50K+ pw

Agreed taking his wages off the books might enable us to get some bodies in January
O Albion we love you

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #631 on: November 23, 2020, 06:15:28 AM »

I thought I had read somewhere that he was off to the MLS in January?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #632 on: November 23, 2020, 09:43:03 AM »
I thought I had read somewhere that he was off to the MLS in January?

That was the rumour some months back, build his money pot here off us for another few months knowing he wont be involved then off to sunnier ventures.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #633 on: January 08, 2021, 02:16:17 PM »
According to SSN, QPR are in advanced talks to sign Austin on loan until the end of the season. When is he contracted to us until?!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #634 on: January 08, 2021, 02:17:15 PM »
According to SSN, QPR are in advanced talks to sign Austin on loan until the end of the season. When is he contracted to us until?!

YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

End of the season! Even if we save half his wages thats 35k pw

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #635 on: January 08, 2021, 02:38:13 PM »

The end of the season

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #636 on: January 08, 2021, 02:46:55 PM »
Having watched him come on in the last few games, it looks like his legs have gone. Sadly, you need to be topfit to play in the Prem League. I expect SA has got that message now.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #637 on: January 08, 2021, 02:50:15 PM »
This is brilliant news
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #638 on: January 08, 2021, 02:59:32 PM »
So, 18 months after forking out a rumoured £11m for Zohore and Austin, both will be playing the rest of the season elsewhere. Austin was more useful than Zohore, but those are eye watering figures considering what other championship clubs pay.

Leaves just Robinson and Diaby available for the Wolves game, which suggests Allardyce is confident of landing somebody from abroad very soon.
Boing Boing

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #639 on: January 08, 2021, 03:02:42 PM »
I can’t imagine QPR are going to be paying his full wages. I’d hate to think the overall cost Austin has cost with his wages included you could see his legs had gone the first couple of games with us, him & Zohore we’re bad bits of business that probably cost the club the best part of £15m+ when wages, fee’s etc. are accounted for.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #640 on: January 08, 2021, 03:08:12 PM »
So, 18 months after forking out a rumoured £11m for Zohore and Austin, both will be playing the rest of the season elsewhere. Austin was more useful than Zohore, but those are eye watering figures considering what other championship clubs pay.

Leaves just Robinson and Diaby available for the Wolves game, which suggests Allardyce is confident of landing somebody from abroad very soon.

When our boards remit is to invest the little they have as wisely as they can it's staggering bad value for money.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #641 on: January 08, 2021, 03:11:40 PM »
If QPR are picking up any more than 20k a week of that reported 70k I'll be staggered.

Still, every little helps.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #642 on: January 08, 2021, 03:12:18 PM »
Having watched him come on in the last few games, it looks like his legs have gone. Sadly, you need to be topfit to play in the Prem League. I expect SA has got that message now.

You have to be fit to play in the Champ too. He looked lost in a lot of games for us last season.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #643 on: January 08, 2021, 03:16:56 PM »
You have to be fit to play in the Champ too. He looked lost in a lot of games for us last season.

Lets not curse this until hes signed for them.

colinmax

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #644 on: January 08, 2021, 04:20:22 PM »
he was never match fit because there were problems at Southampton so he did not have a pre season he was training alone.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #645 on: January 08, 2021, 05:26:14 PM »
he was never match fit because there were problems at Southampton so he did not have a pre season he was training alone.

He wasn't the Tractor that Lambert was but had just llost the goalscorers instinct and that half a yard all over the pitch. Was always just behind the game. 

But to me, he was as frustrated with his own body as we were.   He wanted to do more and I respected him for that.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #646 on: January 08, 2021, 05:32:35 PM »
YEah i think he knows his body can't do what his mind remembers it can. Shame really as i do like the guy but not cut out for PL football unless you can subs specifically for taking penalties then he'd kill it.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #647 on: January 08, 2021, 05:48:54 PM »
Liked him as a character but hoped for a bit more after he signed , his lack of pace and our lack of supply to the forwards at times was never a good combo.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Baltic

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #648 on: January 08, 2021, 05:53:26 PM »
Charlie did half a job last season and definitely was trying his best.  Overall its not quite worked out though and any reduction in his remaining wage bill is welcome. 

At least it looks like Allardyce is bringing in a striker and I'd imagine he'll know how to hold the ball up, as the current 'pinball' is killing us!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #649 on: January 08, 2021, 06:06:52 PM »
I'm curious to who the new foriegn striker will be. I do wish Charlie all the best but the contract he was put on was ridiculous but thats not his fault.