Author Topic: Ben Foster  (Read 767374 times)

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

Re: Ben Foster
« Reply #1025 on: July 31, 2011, 10:42:26 AM »
Its been reported as a straight loan deal with no option to buy.

Yam Yam Baggie

« Reply #1026 on: July 31, 2011, 01:36:39 PM »
in paper this morning we have a view to a permanent deal at the end of the season whether blues come up or not.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1027 on: July 31, 2011, 02:17:05 PM »
in paper this morning we have a view to a permanent deal at the end of the season whether blues come up or not.

That would make sense.

No clues as to who we are after as No.2 ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Yam Yam Baggie

« Reply #1028 on: July 31, 2011, 02:20:49 PM »
that is only the papers though ! but im sure JP wouldnt just have a straight deal. he would have something in place so we can buy him next season or something like that, hes not stupid.

Apparantly we are after Sorensen as no2?

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1029 on: July 31, 2011, 02:45:44 PM »
which paper mate?

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #1030 on: July 31, 2011, 02:48:25 PM »
Apparantly we are after Sorensen as no2?
No chance. He wouldn't leave one club where he's number 2 to go to another club where he's number 2 again. Would cost too much and be on wages too high for a number 2 goalkeeper anyway.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1031 on: July 31, 2011, 04:32:19 PM »

I hope so, if it is then it is a very very good deal for us imo
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1032 on: July 31, 2011, 05:30:34 PM »
Is it just me who found out that Foster is 28?! Thought he was at least 3 years younger
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1033 on: July 31, 2011, 06:42:07 PM »
Definately one of the best out there that was in our reach, im just glad we got him. I hoped to have made it a permanent signing, A loan will do for now though. It has changed my thoughts of wanting Blues to come back up which i feel is very unlikely anyway.

Hopefully we can get a number 2 keeper in aswell.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1034 on: July 31, 2011, 06:58:22 PM »
Is it just me who found out that Foster is 28?! Thought he was at least 3 years younger

Not even hit peak yet for a goalie.Still relatively young
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1035 on: July 31, 2011, 06:59:32 PM »

Not even hit peak yet for a goalie.Still relatively young

Then what did that make Carson?

He/him

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1036 on: July 31, 2011, 07:11:40 PM »
Then what did that make Carson?

A once promising talent, who whilst still young and fairly experienced has a broken spirit and drops far too many clangers.

I was at the Bristol game and Foster seemed settled and more than able, he got down fast to what i thought certain to be a goal in the 2nd half and claimed crosses well.

I really hope Birmingham sink and we can get Foster here long term.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1037 on: July 31, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »
Definately one of the best out there that was in our reach, im just glad we got him. I hoped to have made it a permanent signing, A loan will do for now though. It has changed my thoughts of wanting Blues to come back up which i feel is very unlikely anyway.

Hopefully we can get a number 2 keeper in aswell.

That was exactly my thoughts on the deal. I dont think we could have hoped for or got anyone better and without paying a fee. Cant ask for more than that right now can we

I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #1038 on: July 31, 2011, 07:39:13 PM »
That was exactly my thoughts on the deal. I dont think we could have hoped for or got anyone better and without paying a fee. Cant ask for more than that right now can we
Was there anyone realistically available to us better than Foster at all, fee or no fee? The only player I can think of is Given who we almost got. Friedel maybe too, but I think he's not as good as he once was (getting on a bit).

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1039 on: July 31, 2011, 08:05:53 PM »
Was there anyone realistically available to us better than Foster at all, fee or no fee? The only player I can think of is Given who we almost got. Friedel maybe too, but I think he's not as good as he once was (getting on a bit).

I agree with you, i dont think i worded my post very well. I meant that we got the best keeper we could and we didnt even have to pay a fee, so i'm delighted with the deal

Ogwani

« Reply #1040 on: July 31, 2011, 10:29:30 PM »
I think Foster's the best possible keeper we could've got aside from possibly Given. Foster started every single one of Birmingham's league games last season (I believe, although he did go off once) while Given had niggling injuries and was kept out of the team by Hart so you'd think Foster would be more in tune, but Given did look good for the Villa the other day.

I hope we have some kind-of option to buy, whether it be January, next season, if Blues don't come up or whatever - Foster is a truly class keeper in my opinion and could be a great asset if we're to stay in this league.

I also hope we get a good quality foreign keeper as number 2 (Kawashima?  ::)) as I don't think Green or Sorensen will come and happily sit on the bench for us.

Avonbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1041 on: July 31, 2011, 10:51:03 PM »
Just watch the youtube video someone posted of him if you have doubts. Some absolute quality stuff. Find me a Carson one which can compare and i believe you'd find it impossible to find one

Mooncat

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1042 on: August 02, 2011, 09:55:27 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that in the Albion Player video of Foster (the freebie bit in the right hand corner of the OS) that when he's filming the Sky 'intro' bits our home 'keepers top is the same colour as the 'green screen' they are using in the background - won't that mean that in our televised games Foster will be shown as a ghostly floating head!!

Ogwani

« Reply #1043 on: August 02, 2011, 01:14:51 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that in the Albion Player video of Foster (the freebie bit in the right hand corner of the OS) that when he's filming the Sky 'intro' bits our home 'keepers top is the same colour as the 'green screen' they are using in the background - won't that mean that in our televised games Foster will be shown as a ghostly floating head!!

I used a green screen for my media studies in college last year and the grass still showed up in it, it is possible to have greens show up providing the shade is different. If they can't cancel it out then they'll just use a blue screen instead, I imagine they have both.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1044 on: August 02, 2011, 06:57:39 PM »
Just listened to his interview with Tom Ross:
http://www.brmb.co.uk/news/sport/ready-to-go/

Was a bit shocked if honest to see how pro-Birmingham he still is, claiming he'd definitely like to play for them if promoted again. Basically had no loyalty to us. Hopefully it will grow but more importantly we need them to stay down.

lordbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1045 on: August 02, 2011, 07:35:35 PM »
He's not stupid. If he wants to stay in the area his choices are limited. He doesn't know for sure which of the two clubs he'll be playing for in 2012/13 but it's very likely one of the two.

He needs to keep both sets of fans onside.

It also shows him as a decent human being - he's not an Albion fan like us - and you'd like to think he's got some good feelings about the people he's been working with.

Is Gera badmouthing Fulham?

greggy8689

« Reply #1046 on: August 03, 2011, 10:39:15 AM »
Just listened to his interview with Tom Ross:
http://www.brmb.co.uk/news/sport/ready-to-go/

Was a bit shocked if honest to see how pro-Birmingham he still is, claiming he'd definitely like to play for them if promoted again. Basically had no loyalty to us. Hopefully it will grow but more importantly we need them to stay down.

He is still employed by them so can't really slag them off. If we were to get relegated and Blues get promoted then he would want to go back to his parent club. I found him very genuine and honest to listen to.

Mike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1047 on: August 03, 2011, 04:29:05 PM »
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2011/08/03/ben-fosters-stance-on-england-return/

No doubt many will defend his decision now he is an albion player, despite attacking England players in the past for a lack of commitment/passion. 

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #1048 on: August 03, 2011, 04:40:54 PM »
I don't like it and I done condone it, in fact I think being asked to represent your country is one of the greatest honours that can be bestowed upon anyone and turning it down is disgraceful. But all I'm really thinking about at the moment is us having a good goalkeeper.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1049 on: August 03, 2011, 04:42:53 PM »
My stance on it won't change now he's an Albion player. I'm not in favour of people making themselves void for England selection. It's a great honour to represent your country and it's a shame players with natural talent make themselves unavailable for selection. Paul Robinson, who in my opinion is probably the second best English keeper in the country was the one decision I could never get my head around.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom