Author Topic: Ben Foster  (Read 772281 times)

Yam Yam Baggie

Re: Ben Foster
« Reply #925 on: July 29, 2011, 07:02:37 PM »
good signing but if he has a fantastic season for us you can forget signing him on a permanent.

and no body cry because ive said that, its true.

dB

« Reply #926 on: July 29, 2011, 07:03:29 PM »
I tried to stay calm and patient, but I couldn't. Just so happy that this is done now.

Absolutely brilliant signing, so so so happy.

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #927 on: July 29, 2011, 07:04:16 PM »
About time! I'm over the moon this has finally gone through. Can we have this thread moved to general now? :-D
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

richard

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #928 on: July 29, 2011, 07:07:21 PM »
it says on the blues website that foster's regisrtaion will automatically revert back to blues on 1st july

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #929 on: July 29, 2011, 07:07:46 PM »
Fantastic signing. But can I request we actually get behind this guy and not hound him out of the club when he makes a mistake like EVERY goalkeeper in the world does?
There will be a few idiots inevitably, but I'm sure the majority of us will give him our full support. Hopefully the minority don't ruin it for the majority like what happened with Carson. I think Carson being an ex-Villa player and having an infamous England blunder to his name meant he was doomed from the start, fortunately for Foster he hasn't got either of those so he should be alright.

hi all
A really good keeper has joined us, of that there is no doubt. However, i am a bit disappointed that its just a loan deal. We have no second keeper, and what happens in 12 months if they come up and we stay up or go down, we then have to start all over again. I feel a little bit let down with the Albion so far regarding transfers. They expected me to put my hand in my pocket to shell out virtually as soon as the season had ended and part with £500, yet the club is still to pay a single penny for a transfer. Yes I know loans are not free and frees are anything but free, but I had hoped for a really good signing that would make the teams around us take note a little more. Maybe I was hoping too much knowing the albion, but will we ever pay more than 4.5 million for a player?

Ashworth has said we'll be getting another keeper in the compete with Carson. Also the transfer window is open for another 4 weeks. I don't know if we'll spend more than 4.5 million on a player, we'll probably pay over the odds for Long, so yes.

westbrom4ever

« Reply #930 on: July 29, 2011, 07:11:36 PM »
Will be interesting to see how he does. Welcome

lordbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #931 on: July 29, 2011, 07:14:29 PM »
Why didn't we hang on a bit longer? We might have got the loan fee reduced. PEACE OUT!  ;D

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #932 on: July 29, 2011, 07:14:59 PM »
Fantastic news!  8)

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #933 on: July 29, 2011, 07:15:08 PM »
I'd be amazed if it's not a loan then perm but due to tax reasons, the Peace special remember, it's reported this way. Either way it's a fabulous signing and another couple of this quality and we can be very happy fans indeed.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #934 on: July 29, 2011, 07:16:35 PM »
Its a great signing for us and with Myhill going the other way you can see why it has dragged on a little this week. Disappointed there is no option to buy as we could potentially be in the same boat this time next year but at least we have a top class goalkeeper for at least a season and if all goes well we could possibly get him permanently next summer.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #935 on: July 29, 2011, 07:17:45 PM »
I'd be amazed if it's not a loan then perm but due to tax reasons, the Peace special remember, it's reported this way. Either way it's a fabulous signing and another couple of this quality and we can be very happy fans indeed.

All of our previous loans in that way are reported as loans with a view to a permanent transfer so I think it is a straight up loan deal for a season.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #936 on: July 29, 2011, 07:25:33 PM »
At the very least we've got a marked improvement on Carson for a whole season.

That's great news.

We'll worry about replacing Foster this time next year if we have to  :)

dB

« Reply #937 on: July 29, 2011, 07:26:52 PM »
All of our previous loans in that way are reported as loans with a view to a permanent transfer so I think it is a straight up loan deal for a season.

Yep, looks as though it's just a straight swap. No mention of view to sign on either article. We'll just have to see what Blues' financial situation is like at the end of the season...

off_foo_182

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #938 on: July 29, 2011, 07:27:38 PM »
great signing, but why oh why not on a loan to perm, or just straight perm. JOKE. Chuffed but whats the point as we will be in the same position next season.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #939 on: July 29, 2011, 07:30:05 PM »
Well come to the Hawthorne Ben  :D hope you enjoy your stay with us & lets hope its for more than 1 season

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #940 on: July 29, 2011, 07:30:55 PM »
great signing, but why oh why not on a loan to perm, or just straight perm. JOKE. Chuffed but whats the point as we will be in the same position next season.

Perhaps Blues wouldn't agree to it, perhaps Foster wouldn't agree to it, perhaps it is dependant on Blues getting promoted or us getting relegated.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #941 on: July 29, 2011, 07:32:30 PM »

It probably suits both us and him.

We will see how good he is without spending £4m like we did with carson and he will want to see if we stay up.
I can't see Blues coming up,so no way will he go back there.

Glad it's finally done.

lordbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #942 on: July 29, 2011, 07:32:53 PM »
I really can't see Foster going back to Blues or Myhill back to us.

But they might be free to move elsewhere.

We must be in pole position (not a PiG joke!) for Foster if he's here and wants to stay in the area.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #943 on: July 29, 2011, 07:33:14 PM »
Very happy with this signing. If the only way to get Foster was on loan then so be it I'd rather have him her next season and worry about another 'keeper the season after much rather have this deal than Green for about 4 million.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #944 on: July 29, 2011, 07:37:31 PM »
You would think Blues dug their heels in over the transfer fee but couldnt sustain is wages but met us in some middle ground.

Great signing, however we now need a decent back up keeper as I feel Daniels isnt good enough

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #945 on: July 29, 2011, 07:39:47 PM »
The point is that we've got an excellent keeper who could potentially win us many points next season. Is that a good enough point?

There will probably be talks to make the move permanent at the end of the season anyway. But considering we don't know what league we'll be in I wouldn't be thinking that far ahead.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #946 on: July 29, 2011, 07:40:07 PM »
I think we might go foreign for an up and coming keeper as back up.

Can't see anyone with experience wanting to come here as second choice.

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #947 on: July 29, 2011, 07:42:18 PM »
I think we might go foreign for an up and coming keeper as back up.

Can't see anyone with experience wanting to come here as second choice.
Stuart Taylor? He loves benches. Not as much as he loves not being in match day squads though, might be a deal breaker.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #948 on: July 29, 2011, 07:43:51 PM »
Great news :D  we get a top keeper for a season, if we stay up am sure if he enjoys his stay he would want to sign here permanently , dont forget a year today his price would of been cut due to his contract
BOING BOING

off_foo_182

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #949 on: July 29, 2011, 07:45:02 PM »
I just think he is well worth the "gamble" we could easily get the money back or most of it. Just think he will be amazing and we'll lose out come the end of the season... when roy goes?