Author Topic: Ben Foster  (Read 772191 times)

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

Re: Ben Foster
« Reply #600 on: July 26, 2011, 10:51:53 PM »
Mirror Sport - back page.

Brum and Busted!
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #601 on: July 26, 2011, 10:52:23 PM »
Still only rumors that they are going in. But if they are, and yes it's bad news for them and midland football, but could this mean we could get foster on a reduced permanent deal?
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #602 on: July 26, 2011, 10:54:17 PM »
Still only rumors that they are going in. But if they are, and yes it's bad news for them and midland football, but could this mean we could get foster on a reduced permanent deal?

Foster, Dann and Jerome 1.5 million

Jeremy is on his way to the fire sale as we speak!
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #603 on: July 26, 2011, 10:54:53 PM »
Lets get Scott Dann as well  8)

Foster and Dann for a couple of million  ;D

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #604 on: July 26, 2011, 10:56:43 PM »
Lets get Scott Dann as well  8)

Foster and Dann for a couple of million  ;D

Throw in ridgewell for good measure. And it's a deal.

All honesty now. This and deal for ridgewell might start picking up very fast if this information is true regarding blues!

Interesting to see big sams comments on SSN.
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #605 on: July 26, 2011, 10:59:09 PM »
Got a gut feeling this deal will be confirmed by midday tommorow. On a permanent contract too. You heard it here first ;D.
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #606 on: July 26, 2011, 11:02:24 PM »
My only worry would be if Arsenal see this an opportunity to get a good goalkeeper on the cheap now.

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #607 on: July 26, 2011, 11:05:09 PM »
My only worry would be if Arsenal see this an opportunity to get a good goalkeeper on the cheap now.

I don't think this will be an issue. Foster had said himself if I recall that he is settles here and wants to stay in the area. Arsenal have better keepers than foster IMO so I don't think this will be an issue.
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #608 on: July 26, 2011, 11:06:34 PM »
I don't think this will be an issue. Foster had said himself if I recall that he is settles here and wants to stay in the area. Arsenal have better keepers than foster IMO so I don't think this will be an issue.

That's good then. But which goalkeeper is better than Foster at Arsenal?

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #609 on: July 26, 2011, 11:08:53 PM »
If they go into admin, so much for the loan deal mentioned of them buying him back if they get promoted. It will be near impossible with a points deduction. Hopefully we can tie a perm or loan to perm this week.

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #610 on: July 26, 2011, 11:09:49 PM »
That's good then. But which goalkeeper is better than Foster at Arsenal?

IMHO fabianski. Alumnia (if he's still there)

Just saw SSN again and he seemed quite sure we've landed foster.
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #611 on: July 26, 2011, 11:11:19 PM »
IMHO fabianski. Alumnia (if he's still there)

Just saw SSN again and he seemed quite sure we've landed foster.

Don't rate either of them at all. Think Szczesny has fantastic potential though.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:13:15 PM by KingKoren »

bigbadjohn

« Reply #612 on: July 26, 2011, 11:12:34 PM »
What's ssn saying then ?

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #613 on: July 26, 2011, 11:18:44 PM »
What's ssn saying then ?

Big Sam was asked who placed a bid for green and he said us
Was then asked are negotiating continuing following the rejection and he said no because we have already signed foster.
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #614 on: July 26, 2011, 11:21:11 PM »
Yeung’s court case begins on August 11 but acting-chairman Pannu fronted up to Mirror Sport to explain City’s predicament in a candid interview from Hong Kong, where he is trying to find solutions.

He warned: “Upon my return I may have to make some unpopular decisions and I hope the fans will understand that I effectively don’t have a choice.

“The club may need to do what is right and to buy time until Carson’s assets are dislodged from the clutches of the courts in Hong Kong.”

Maybe Pannu being away is what has held any potential deal up, mind you thinking about it how silly of me of course it is us that has held it all up by messing around.

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #615 on: July 26, 2011, 11:23:33 PM »
Yeung’s court case begins on August 11 but acting-chairman Pannu fronted up to Mirror Sport to explain City’s predicament in a candid interview from Hong Kong, where he is trying to find solutions.

He warned: “Upon my return I may have to make some unpopular decisions and I hope the fans will understand that I effectively don’t have a choice.

“The club may need to do what is right and to buy time until Carson’s assets are dislodged from the clutches of the courts in Hong Kong.”

Maybe Pannu being away is what has held any potential deal up mind you thinking about it how silly of me of course it is us that has held it all up by messing around.

Didn't realize  he was away. This is more likely the reason why it's been held up. Is he back now?
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #616 on: July 26, 2011, 11:27:25 PM »
No idea when he is back or if it has held anything up. Just pointing out that it may not have been us holding things up when so many have assumed that we have.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #617 on: July 26, 2011, 11:28:39 PM »
Now, City chief Peter Pannu has admitted the axe will have to fall and unpopular decisions will have to be made when he returns from the Far East - just one week before they kick off their Championship season.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Birmingham-financial-meltdown-Carson-Yeung-assets-frozen-player-sale-to-survive-new-Portsmouth-article776447.html#ixzz1TFlp8nEP

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #618 on: July 26, 2011, 11:30:43 PM »
Now, City chief Peter Pannu has admitted the axe will have to fall and unpopular decisions will have to be made when he returns from the Far East - just one week before they kick off their Championship season.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Birmingham-financial-meltdown-Carson-Yeung-assets-frozen-player-sale-to-survive-new-Portsmouth-article776447.html#ixzz1TFlp8nEP

So that's this weekend then. Hmm wonder if all deals regarding blues are on ice til he gets back or if deals will still happen even though he isn't in country?
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #619 on: July 26, 2011, 11:33:50 PM »
So that's this weekend then. Hmm wonder if all deals regarding blues are on ice til he gets back or if deals will still happen even though he isn't in country?

Can't deals be done over the phone? Is Pannu the only person who can sanction a transfer? I'm pretty sure the deal can be done without him here.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #620 on: July 26, 2011, 11:34:32 PM »
I think this is the time now to get Foster. The 4 million bid has to go in now, rake up the pressure before the other vultures come in. Looks like he should be ours the way they are going which would be great news.
Boing Boing

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #621 on: July 26, 2011, 11:37:26 PM »
Can't deals be done over the phone? Is Pannu the only person who can sanction a transfer? I'm pretty sure the deal can be done without him here.

You would expect so but the way that club has been run since they took over you really never know.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #622 on: July 26, 2011, 11:38:21 PM »
Big Sam was asked who placed a bid for green and he said us
Was then asked are negotiating continuing following the rejection and he said no because we have already signed foster.

Is that a quote? Bold statement to make that.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #623 on: July 26, 2011, 11:42:27 PM »
Big Sam our new ITK :D

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #624 on: July 26, 2011, 11:44:35 PM »
Is that a quote? Bold statement to make that.

He didn't quite say it like that, when asked if there was a chance we could negotiate a deal with them for Green he said something like they have already taken Foster haven't they.