Author Topic: Forgettable Albion loan signings  (Read 12361 times)

BaggieJames114

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Forgettable Albion loan signings
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2012, 12:27:57 AM »
Warren Cummings in 2001/2002 he was normally a bench warmer but remember reading a lot about him in programs, seemed a bit of a character in the dressing room

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2012, 12:43:19 AM »
Mensenquez was his name scored against sunderland in the mowbray relegation season. Didnt look a bad little player never found out what happened to him

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2012, 05:20:00 AM »
Mensenquez was his name scored against sunderland in the mowbray relegation season. Didnt look a bad little player never found out what happened to him

he went back to his parent club San Lorenzo in Argentina and is still there...

I thought he looked good but from memory he didn't feel comfortable in England and wasn't keen to stay

On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

the lords my shepherd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2012, 07:30:27 AM »
Decent ones at their times where Graham Fenton, John Durnin and Chris Kirkland.
Once a Baggie, Always a Baggie. Its in the blood.

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2012, 09:57:25 AM »
Warren Cummings in 2001/2002 he was normally a bench warmer but remember reading a lot about him in programs, seemed a bit of a character in the dressing room

Came from Chelsea at the same time as Neil Clement if my memory serves me.

David Speedie - 2 goals in 10 games whilst on loan - although I seem to remember the one being a header (Only 5ft 7 remember) which was an important goal - again if my memory serves me.

ian

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2012, 10:02:55 AM »
Take your pick, theres been enough  :D

I remember a Norwegian left back Vettle Andersen
I remember him he didnt seem that bad. Do you remember the forest winger as well i think his name was rice and he did seem a bit of a pudding too

else

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2012, 10:21:33 AM »
Was it Facey or Udeze that literally came on for 10 mins against Southampton years ago. I remeber a player doing it, just not who. Or got subbed after 10 mins maybe?

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2012, 10:25:48 AM »
Udeze played quite a bit, Im sure I remember him having a goal dissalowed for offside against West Ham when David James played a blinder

Skeeny1

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2012, 10:28:03 AM »
Cosmin Contra has got to be up there with the worst, 4 games, 1 red card and then got done for drugs if i remember correctly.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2012, 10:35:41 AM »
Cosmin Contra has got to be up there with the worst, 4 games, 1 red card and then got done for drugs if i remember correctly.

Save of the season against Liverpool

bigbadjohn

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2012, 10:45:50 AM »
Cant believe no one said Serg Mcdonald the chap from Holland i thought he was going to be the next Ruud Van nistory aswell

What about this chap we got from vancover white caps aswell

I duno what is name is hammond or something like that never played has he i think he went to a scottish team for abit lol

Shame that never happened lol :D

Skeeny1

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2012, 10:54:55 AM »
What about this chap we got from vancover white caps aswell

Marcus Haber that was, now a bench warmer at St.Johnsone and full Canadian international.

baggiejules

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2012, 11:03:10 AM »
Remember Frank Nouble tearing Villa apart for West Ham and thinking he might really add something to our squad. Think he got MOTM on his debut practically by default but offered nothing. Anyone know where he is now?

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2012, 11:06:18 AM »
Fernando Derveld

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2012, 12:50:59 PM »
I remember him he didnt seem that bad. Do you remember the forest winger as well i think his name was rice and he did seem a bit of a pudding too

Brian Rice, ginger haired Scotsman yeah I remember him, I think he may have scored once, not sure.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2012, 01:05:56 PM »
Does anybody remember Morton Skoubo, the big Danish striker?

He only played about 2 games for the first team and then went back to Denmark. Next thing you knew, he was a starter in La Liga for Real Sociedad for a couple of years.

Megson couldn't handle good players very well, Skoubo probably wasn't up to much during cross country hiking.
I only go for the beer.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2012, 01:27:31 PM »
Fernando Derveld

I am pretty sure he was bought on as a sub once and then taken off under Megson.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2012, 04:16:33 PM »
From memory Udeze was no worse than anyone else in that team at the time, tried hard and did OK before his spat with Megson. Sekou Berthe played a few games as well, can't remember if he was any good don't remember him being too useless. Same goes for Jan Kozak in the season after the great escape, looked decent but was far too lazy.

Can't complain at the likes of Haber and Danek as they never got on the pitch, although the latter hardly set the world alight for Exeter when he went on loan there and now struggles to get on the bench for St. Johnstone. For me the worst was Frank Nouble, his performance away at Bristol City the last time we got promoted was one of the worst I've ever seen from a player in an Albion shirt, his touch was so bad that his second touch was a tackle, he was slow, couldn't shoot and spent most the game with his hands on his hips. I've disliked him ever since.

On the topic of better loan signings shout outs have to go to Kieran Richardson and Joost Volmer for me, proper defender in the second promotion season.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2012, 04:46:52 PM »
Remember Frank Nouble tearing Villa apart for West Ham and thinking he might really add something to our squad. Think he got MOTM on his debut practically by default but offered nothing. Anyone know where he is now?
Think he's at Gillingham?
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2012, 05:45:20 PM »
I would add Luke Moore has a forgettable loan signing, especially when he got sent off on his debut. Then we went and paid £3million + for him!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2012, 06:21:42 PM »
Alessane N'dour made one appearence when we played Palace away and drawed 2-2...Koumas last minute!!!

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2012, 07:18:36 PM »
Was it Facey or Udeze that literally came on for 10 mins against Southampton years ago. I remeber a player doing it, just not who. Or got subbed after 10 mins maybe?

You are thinking of Ali Dia who played about 18 minutes for Southampton against somebody before hey realised he wasnt actually a pro footballer.
Boing Boing

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2012, 07:24:31 PM »

It was against Southampton. He stopped playing after the ball had gone out thinking it was an Albion throw. It wasn't and Southampton took the throw and immediately scored. Megson was so angry he subbed Udeze pretty much straight away. (After 20-odd minutes I think).

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2012, 07:25:27 PM »

On the topic of better loan signings shout outs have to go to Kieran Richardson and Joost Volmer for me, proper defender in the second promotion season.

Volmer was a permanent signing. Only had a contract for 1 season and left soon as we got promoted.

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2012, 09:32:32 PM »
Bartosz Slusarski