Author Topic: 3 Dec 2018 Albion 1 Brentford 1  (Read 34563 times)

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2018, 06:42:06 PM »
Should break the 20k to at least keep it respectable and not slip to Wolves and Blues poor crowds recently at this level ! :)
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2018, 07:36:10 PM »
Should break the 20k to at least keep it respectable and not slip to Wolves and Blues poor crowds recently at this level ! :)

We'll easily beat 20,000 with four days of potential sales left and Brentford's following. Not going to be a great crowd but it looks better than it did a week ago.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Team
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2018, 11:15:29 AM »
I thought Big Dave might have rested Mozza at Swansea given the run of games, Mozza's age and his injury record. He wasn't rested then so I'd rest him for this game with the Villa match four days away. I understand (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that both Dawson and Livermore are one booking away from suspension. I really hope neither misses the Villa game we need both of them for that match. Can't justify leaving them out for the Brentford game though we must do everything we can to get the three points so we take as few chances as we can.

I've seen a lot of people wanting Gayle back but the team is bigger and more important than any one player and for me he has to make do with the bench again. Other than Barry for Morrison, unchanged.

Johnstone

Adarabioyo               Dawson                                  Hegazi                      Gibbs

Phillips                Livermore                      Barry

Robson-Kanu                              Rodriguez                                             Barnes

Subs; Myhill, Mears, Brunt, Harper, Morrison, Gayle, Burke

If Morrison is going to be rested I wouldn't even have him on the bench as you have Brunt and Harper already there. I think I'd go for Sako instead who could then come for Barnes if need be.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2018, 11:20:15 AM »
 Maupay is definitely the danger man, although Sawyers looked good in their defeat to Sheff Utd on Tuesday.

If we can get the first goal then I think we will win comfortably.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2018, 06:01:07 PM »
East Stand           1674
Brummie Road     1505
West Stand           549
Smethwick             5

Remaining           3,733     

19,650 approx. sold.     

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2018, 06:17:31 PM »

We'll easily beat 20,000 with four days of potential sales left and Brentford's following. Not going to be a great crowd but it looks better than it did a week ago.
A couple of Brentford lads I know where coming up for the game and a few beers with me until bloody sky changed it! Now they can't make it on Monday.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2018, 12:39:00 PM »
Maupay is definitely the danger man, although Sawyers looked good in their defeat to Sheff Utd on Tuesday.

If we can get the first goal then I think we will win comfortably.

I'd still love to have Sawyers back here in that middle three.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2018, 08:27:10 PM »
We have to get into the "attack" mode.
Looking at the following match, we have to develop a mean streak and "go for it".
Brentford are lying 18th and we are in the ascendance. Let's put them to the sword.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2018, 09:39:22 AM »
East Stand          1645
Brummie Road    1470
West Stand         536
Smethwick           3

Remaining     3654.  Approx 19,740 sold.

I can't see Brentford bringing many I'm guessing 1,000 max but that is purely a guess. I'd say we're looking at a crowd of somewhere between 20,500 - 21,000. Looks set to be our lowest league attendance for a long, long time.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2018, 11:17:17 AM »
Need to keep up our form tomorrow night, its essential to keep in touch with the top 2. I predict 2-1, a narrow but nervy win, with sawyers netting for them. Hope gayle starts to freshen it up a bit?

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2018, 11:45:21 AM »
Tricky to know what's best - we should be able to beat them in a cagey war of attrition, but maybe just really go for them from the off and try and blow them away?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2018, 02:50:54 PM »
Easy win. Without Smith they have lost the glue binding an average squad together.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2018, 02:59:10 PM »
Easy win. Without Smith they have lost the glue binding an average squad together.
No such thing , turn up with that attitude and you will struggle . Brentford were a forward thinking outfit before Smith went there as much as I admire his work at Griffin Park .

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2018, 03:06:15 PM »
No such thing , turn up with that attitude and you will struggle . Brentford were a forward thinking outfit before Smith went there as much as I admire his work at Griffin Park .

Oh I agree the players should not be turning up with such an attitude, but I will not be on the pitch so I see no issue with me believing that we should get a comfortable win by two or three clear goals. They are all over the place, make no mistake about it.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2018, 03:12:40 PM »
Oh I agree the players should not be turning up with such an attitude, but I will not be on the pitch so I see no issue with me believing that we should get a comfortable win by two or three clear goals. They are all over the place, make no mistake about it.
There's been times we've expected them to win , too many burnt fingers over the years for my liking ! . They were never brilliant defending under Smith but could always get goals at the other end .
Needs to be a pro job and one game at a time this week.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2018, 04:45:41 PM »
There's been times we've expected them to win , too many burnt fingers over the years for my liking ! . They were never brilliant defending under Smith but could always get goals at the other end .
Needs to be a pro job and one game at a time this week.
Definitely shouldn't be expecting an easy game, but we need to win this otherwise the pressure for the Villa game will be terrible.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2018, 05:06:10 PM »
Definitely shouldn't be expecting an easy game, but we need to win this otherwise the pressure for the Villa game will be terrible.

Agree. This is on paper the easier of the last three games when you look at form and context, and I really hope we have a dominant display, ideally with JRod our wide and Gayle up front. That would mean 4 wins in a row which would be exceptional and pretty much all you can ask for going in to the Villa fixture.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2018, 05:55:26 PM »
Regardless of the team, their position in the league or their form WE must pay them the respect of being a team in the same league has ourselves a league in which ant team can beat another team at any time.
show any team a lack of respect will be our undoing.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2018, 06:30:27 PM »
East Stand          1645
Brummie Road    1470
West Stand         536
Smethwick           3

Remaining     3654.  Approx 19,740 sold.

I can't see Brentford bringing many I'm guessing 1,000 max but that is purely a guess. I'd say we're looking at a crowd of somewhere between 20,500 - 21,000. Looks set to be our lowest league attendance for a long, long time.

Brentford at home on a cold Monday night , live on sky with villa coming up on Friday. A gate of over 20k is a excellent gate

I remember the times were we would only get over 15k against the wolves.

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2018, 01:45:18 AM »
We must win otherwise we'll start falling behind the top two.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2018, 09:08:12 AM »
If you want to go up in the top 2 ( or even play offs) you have to be winning these home games.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2018, 11:05:37 AM »
Expect to win this game...we need to be at the races though!!

Brentford although in freefall recently have the ability to bring the game to us and get a result so we just need to make sure we are at our best.

Win this and we keep on track. Win this and we can take great form into the Vile game

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2018, 11:17:55 AM »
Well the good news is that the overnight persistent rainfall has moderated to an almost cloudless blue sky at the moment and the forecast is pretty reasonable too
COYB
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

KN22

• Senior Baggie

Re: Team
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2018, 12:52:49 PM »
Gayle has to start..... Surely??

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2018, 01:19:46 PM »
Like to see no blunders at back which equates to clean sheet. Gayle has to start to get match fit for vilest