Odemwingie
0 (0%)
Morrison
0 (0%)
Shorey
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: October 22, 2011, 09:18:01 PM

Author Topic: 16 Oct 2011 Albion 2 Wolves 0  (Read 169880 times)

Mxwba

• WBA Newbie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #625 on: October 16, 2011, 02:13:56 PM »
hahaha BOING BOING. So happy!!

Tchoyi was frustrating at certain points, but who cares, 3 points, and a clean sheet. Get In!!

koren

• Senior Baggie

Re: Ratings
« Reply #626 on: October 16, 2011, 02:15:06 PM »
Foster - 7

Reid - 7
Olsson - 7
McAuley - 8
Jones - 8

Brunt - 8
Mulumbu - 6
Scharner - 7
Thomas - 7

Tchoyi - 4
Long - 6

The PRIDE of midlands

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #627 on: October 16, 2011, 02:16:21 PM »
Foster - 8 Some really good saves. 3 clean sheets now...
Reid - 7 Committed to the cause, played well with a broken hand
McAuely - 8 Becoming very reliable and is great in the air
Olsson - 7 Usual self, committed as always
Jones - 8 Thought he was immense, Prem debut and looked solid
Mulumbu - 7 Not his best or his worst
Scharner - 8 Did a lot of work that didn't get noticed
Brunt - 7 Took his goal well, played decent
Thomas - 6 Didn't really do a lot
Tchoyi - 6 Beats defenders for fun, doesn't know how to pass or shoot
Long - 9 wow, what a game!
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

Jonah

• Youth Baggie

Re: In Game Chat
« Reply #628 on: October 16, 2011, 02:17:14 PM »
There some really depressed Dingles on The Goalzone with Tom Ross right now. Anyone got the number for The Samaritans? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Proud To Be A Baggie.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #629 on: October 16, 2011, 02:17:55 PM »
Foster - 7 

Reid - 6
Olsson - 6
McAuley - 8
Jones - 7

Brunt - 8 
Mulumbu - 6
Scharner - 8
Thomas - 6

Tchoyi - 7
Long - 8

Subs:
Morrison - 7
Odemwingie - 7
Shorey - 7

I thought Tchoyi was the difference between the two sides in the first half. Linked up the midfield well and always provided an outlet. Seemed to be marked out of the match second half and disappeared.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #630 on: October 16, 2011, 02:18:06 PM »
Wolves toothless  :D

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #631 on: October 16, 2011, 02:18:31 PM »
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #632 on: October 16, 2011, 02:21:46 PM »
under pressure for long periods but the midfield did there bit today and it showed with a clean sheet. long was superb head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. good to see scharner having a better game and thomas aswel. tchoyi whilst being frustrating at times held the ball well and carried it into dangerous positions, if only his decision making was better. however a win against the dingles is sweet, another clean sheet and a marked improvement on the last home game.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #633 on: October 16, 2011, 02:25:43 PM »
Fantastic effort. Battled hard and another clean sheet, thats three this season already.

Can't fault any of the players but Long in particular deserved his man of the match. Nice to see that Odemwingie seems to have rediscovered his shooting boots as well.

Bring on the Villa!

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #634 on: October 16, 2011, 02:28:08 PM »
Always that one person who has to pick something mate we played well
we won end of!

I'm not being negative, I'm being truthful, I liked the passing game we have played since TM's days, I want us to win, but hoofball is not my cup of tea!
Baggie in Southampton

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #635 on: October 16, 2011, 02:34:10 PM »
Thought we got a result and performance to match for the first time this season, we knocked it about well scoring two superb goals in the process, the long balls, which were definitely still in evidence were directed into the channels to exploit the slow centrebacks as opposed to hit and hope hoofballs.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #636 on: October 16, 2011, 02:38:59 PM »
Our defense coped really well today, lol they had 11 corners and each one i was pooing it but we actually defended well :o 8)   Billy Jones had a great game hope he starts against the villa, Long was brilliant and worked well with Tchoyi , and its great to see Pete score , unbeaten in 3  and 2 cleans sheets , just a shame we couldn't beat Fulham but arh well lol  enjoy it ! :P
BOING BOING

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #637 on: October 16, 2011, 02:39:10 PM »
I'm not being negative, I'm being truthful, I liked the passing game we have played since TM's days, I want us to win, but hoofball is not my cup of tea!

Please, of course it'd have been nice to win 5-0 playing like Spain, but after all the criticism of Hodgson in recent weeks he got it absolutely perfect tactically today. Wolves resorted to trying to have to have to win headers against our defence instead of being able to expose the lack of pace, so played into our hands, whilse we also were very effective on the counter against there defence.

There can really be little complaint over how we played when its that effective. It wasn't like Norwich were we were hanging on, we consistently looked the more likely to score.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #638 on: October 16, 2011, 02:44:21 PM »
Thought we got a result and performance to match for the first time this season, we knocked it about well scoring two superb goals in the process, the long balls, which were definitely still in evidence were directed into the channels to exploit the slow centrebacks as opposed to hit and hope hoofballs.

Yeah, we didn't play Stoke hoofball. Rather we were happy to invite pressure against our organized defence (even if it was a bit iffy before the defence settled down) and played on the counterattack. The idea is to get the better goal scoring opportunities as we attack a defence that is more stretched than ours. So even if we see less of the ball our attacks will be more dangerous. Wolves (who were poor it must be said) obliged today and it helped that we got the early goal so we could just focus on counter attacking.

Still, today was a step in the right direction. We did move the ball well at times and we created lots of chances. I'm  not happy that we gave up possession so easily, but hopefully that will improve in time as well.

We showed the commitment and gave a performance, which is what I was looking for pre-game. Happy with the win, and happy with that.

Good3rz

« Reply #639 on: October 16, 2011, 02:57:29 PM »
Agreed.He always hold the ball for long long time but nothing is done at last.

He always overplays it, but apart from that i like the fact he likes to run at defenders and gains us yards, if only he just released it earlier.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #640 on: October 16, 2011, 02:59:57 PM »
Best performance of the season so far, hopefully things have been learnt over the last few weeks. The lack of width at times is a concern.

Brunt had his best game of the season as did Scharner who was totally knackered at the end of the game. Midfield looked better with people knowing where they were playing. Thomas probably for me the weak link. Tchoyi I see has took some stick but caused countless problems for the back four which when Odemwingie came on proved invaluable.

Defensively much better, I admit I was concerned to see Jones at left back and even though he had an excellent game i'm not sure its something to stick with long term.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

stafford-stokie

« Reply #641 on: October 16, 2011, 03:00:23 PM »
Well done Baggies. Another nail in the dingle coffin. I hope we can add to it in a few weeks.
Down with the dingles who wear the shirt of p##s stain yellow!!!!  ;D

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #642 on: October 16, 2011, 03:00:51 PM »
He always overplays it, but apart from that i like the fact he likes to run at defenders and gains us yards, if only he just released it earlier.

He creates a lot of space for Long by drawing players to him.
Baggie in Southampton

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #643 on: October 16, 2011, 03:05:39 PM »
Delighted with that performance and result.

We were the better side and although Wolves had plenty of possession they did nothing with it - toothless.

Today although we did hit it long a fair bit I thought we played some good football and the difference was that we was a threat.

Really dont see the fascination with Doyle.  Long is twice the striker he is.

cazzer

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #644 on: October 16, 2011, 03:18:38 PM »
Great game !! Anyone know what scharner had on his undershirt that he showed the eaststand ??

baggie-boy-ethan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #645 on: October 16, 2011, 03:21:21 PM »
Great game !! Anyone know what scharner had on his undershirt that he showed the eaststand ??

I read on Twitter that it was a plain T-shirt with our badge printed on it!  ;D

dinkydave2003

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #646 on: October 16, 2011, 03:24:44 PM »
I read on Twitter that it was a plain T-shirt with our badge printed on it!  ;D

i couldnt see what it said but someone said it was wolves are pooh!! which i highly doubt.
When you're sitting on the top, its hard to hear you from way up here.

dinkydave2003

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #647 on: October 16, 2011, 03:28:09 PM »
scharner was immense today, marked o'hara completely out of game.

defence wise, back four was great, olsson never missed a header and jones put some cracking tackles in.
not sure how maculey got mom over olsson but he did play well.

i really cant understand what tchoi offers us that cox doesnt?? 3 times gets himself in good position only to wait and wait and get tackled.

anyways a great allround performance by the team and i thinkother than tchoi, Roy got tactics spot on!!

ATID!!

dinkydave2003

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #648 on: October 16, 2011, 03:30:34 PM »
wow did many of you actually go to the match?? olsson 6 ????  was our best player bar possibly scharner.
won everything in the air and goal saving challenge on the line, cleared everything. possibly one of the best games ive seen him have for us, looks like we've found the CB pairing we needed.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #649 on: October 16, 2011, 03:46:25 PM »
Foster - 7 - Clean sheet, some good saves, poor kicking at times though.

Reid - 7 - Coped really well with Jarvis, a cool head.
McAuley - 8 - A rock at the back, won everything in the air and not bad on the deck either.
Olsson - 7 - Again won everything thrown at him.
Jones - 7 - Solid debut, shaky start and positioning a bit ropey but he improved as game went on.

Mulumbu - 7 - Everywhere again, broke up play and drove us on.
Scharner - 7 - Back to the Scharner we know best.

Brunt - 8 - Cracking goal and his passing was outstanding.  getting back to something like.
Tchoyi - 6 - Frustrating today, one minute looks threatening the next its like hes playing for the opposition.
Thomas - 7 - Better.  Looks more like his own self and 4-5-1 suits his game.

Long - 8 - Brilliantly held the line today.  Such a good player.

Odemwingie - 7 - took his goal well and probably should have had another.
Shorey - 6 - didnt have enough time
Morrison - 6 - kept possession well.