Author Topic: 22 Apr 2021 Leicester City 3 Albion 0  (Read 27763 times)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #375 on: April 23, 2021, 02:17:55 PM »
One major difference yesterday was Leicester playing 352 or (3412 for those that want to be extra analytical). This meant they outnumbered our midfield. Robinson completely neglected all defensive duty allowing Castagne constant licence to attack down their right.

Neither Chelsea, having had a man sent off, nor Southampton playing 442, or a variant of, were able to outnumber our midfield. That is where the chaos stemmed from last night.

Our improvement has largely been down to Yokuslu protecting our back line, he was unable to do that yesterday.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #376 on: April 23, 2021, 03:05:25 PM »
Having had a go at our lack of intensity and sloppy, careless passing last night, I'd like to give Leicester some credit.  Rogers has got them playing some attractive and effective attacking football. The key is that they attacked our back line at pace, not overpassing sideways and allowing our defence to get into shape, and they weren't afraid to run at and commit our defenders. Just watch how Vardy ran in from the left to set up the third. Castagne's performance  also underlined the danger an attacking wing back can cause. Something I've always wanted from our wing backs. Whilst Maddison and Tielemans in midfield have the vision to pick out the through passes.
However, not only Rogers has done a good job, I think they must have a very good scouting outfit.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

chippyclarke

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #377 on: April 23, 2021, 04:42:01 PM »
It was painful watching Albion against this lot. Leicester are so more enjoyable to watch with the quick passing, tackling and movement of their players and I prefer watching them compared to Man City who are boring, forever passing sideways or backwards. We didn't stand a cat in hells chance against them. Bring on the Villa!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #378 on: April 23, 2021, 05:54:12 PM »
It was painful watching Albion against this lot. Leicester are so more enjoyable to watch with the quick passing, tackling and movement of their players and I prefer watching them compared to Man City who are boring, forever passing sideways or backwards. We didn't stand a cat in hells chance against them. Bring on the Villa!

The way Leicester are set up in all areas is what we should aspire. That is how to run a club.
MAGA!