Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 267195 times)

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #275 on: May 26, 2016, 03:35:44 PM »
Some shocking mismatches on that Goodison card, Callum Smith's opponent is absolutely atrocious and the size of him!  Disgraceful match making by matchroom again, more of this and you can see something serious happening in a British ring, then maybe Hearn will f*** off out the sport just like his old man did.
"This crack is really moreish."

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #276 on: May 26, 2016, 04:52:01 PM »
Welcome to Matchroom Boxing
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #277 on: May 26, 2016, 05:42:51 PM »

The difference is the Fury's learn in every fight. They face opponents of ALL styles and so when they come to the top level they know how to handle pretty much everything IF they prove to be good enough.

What has Joshua learned from his early fights? Nothing.

Whether hes learnt or not the fact is he is blowing people away for fun.  Hes earning millions from it. We would all do the same.

Some shocking mismatches on that Goodison card, Callum Smith's opponent is absolutely atrocious and the size of him!  Disgraceful match making by matchroom again, more of this and you can see something serious happening in a British ring, then maybe Hearn will f*** off out the sport just like his old man did.

Im going on sunday, the undercard is awful but bellew is in for a tough fight. Its worth the 40 quid ive paid
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #278 on: May 27, 2016, 03:26:02 PM »

Some people struggle understanding levels as well. To compare anything Fury has done with what Martin has done is plain ludicrous.

Just for the record I knew Fury would give Wlad a tough fight, his two or three performances leading up to that fight were outstanding showing him to be a completely different boxer to what he had been previously.

No one compared fury to Martin, I was stating a fact that anything is possible in boxing.... You was the one who compared them, think about what you say first.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #279 on: May 27, 2016, 03:29:59 PM »

The difference is the Fury's learn in every fight. They face opponents of ALL styles and so when they come to the top level they know how to handle pretty much everything IF they prove to be good enough.

What has Joshua learned from his early fights? Nothing.

How can he not of learned anything? Take a look into his career.... Been the underdog in all his amateur fights and inebriated over nearly all of them, been put in the ring with fighters who ain't done much fair enough.... But there fighters with experience who 'big heavyweights' have came against and took longer to win the win... Joshua is knocking them out within 3 rounds, he got caught off guard by whyte.... Learnt from it and put Martin on his backside twice with the same slip and jab in the same round, how's that not learning anything?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #280 on: May 27, 2016, 03:40:59 PM »
How can he not of learned anything? Take a look into his career.... Been the underdog in all his amateur fights and inebriated over nearly all of them, been put in the ring with fighters who ain't done much fair enough.... But there fighters with experience who 'big heavyweights' have came against and took longer to win the win... Joshua is knocking them out within 3 rounds, he got caught off guard by whyte.... Learnt from it and put Martin on his backside twice with the same slip and jab in the same round, how's that not learning anything?

Knocking over cans teaches a boxer nothing. Sooner or later he will come up against someone he can't bang over then he will struggle. The likes of White and Martin are nowhere near top class, leagues below. The same as Breazeale who got a dodgy points win over someone Hughie Fury dominated last fight without being at his best.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #281 on: May 27, 2016, 06:22:23 PM »

Knocking over cans teaches a boxer nothing. Sooner or later he will come up against someone he can't bang over then he will struggle. The likes of White and Martin are nowhere near top class, leagues below. The same as Breazeale who got a dodgy points win over someone Hughie Fury dominated last fight without being at his best.

Do your research, when he was amateur... The guys he was fighting were way ahead of him with experience and good records.... Can't help who you get put against, everyone said he had no chin, whyte tested that he came back and knocked him out.... Everyone said he would struggle against a southpaw, he knocked him out lol, each hurdle he's been thrown so far he's smashed through them.

Fury didn't dominate no fight, yes... A great boxer but his night was made easy when his opponent threw about 20 punches the whole fight.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #282 on: May 28, 2016, 03:37:58 PM »
Do your research, when he was amateur... The guys he was fighting were way ahead of him with experience and good records.... Can't help who you get put against, everyone said he had no chin, whyte tested that he came back and knocked him out.... Everyone said he would struggle against a southpaw, he knocked him out lol, each hurdle he's been thrown so far he's smashed through them.

Fury didn't dominate no fight, yes... A great boxer but his night was made easy when his opponent threw about 20 punches the whole fight.

Amateurs and professionals are totally different you can't make a case from one to prove another.

WHO said he would struggle against a southpaw? I haven't heard anyone say that. He was never going to struggle against anyone he's faced so far unless they were given a baseball bat to go into the ring with. It is when he faces top quality opposition that the floors in his game will become evident to the up until now untrained eye.

You clearly didn't see the Hughie Fury fight if you think he didn't dominate it, he won every round on my card and pretty comfortably at that.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #283 on: May 28, 2016, 04:20:08 PM »

Amateurs and professionals are totally different you can't make a case from one to prove another.

WHO said he would struggle against a southpaw? I haven't heard anyone say that. He was never going to struggle against anyone he's faced so far unless they were given a baseball bat to go into the ring with. It is when he faces top quality opposition that the floors in his game will become evident to the up until now untrained eye.

You clearly didn't see the Hughie Fury fight if you think he didn't dominate it, he won every round on my card and pretty comfortably at that.

Hughie fury is one big joke.

Ducked a british title fight because he was ill, fair enough. But no hes fighting on 9th july on tysons undercard. Pathetic excuse.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #284 on: May 28, 2016, 04:34:07 PM »
Hughie fury is one big joke.

Ducked a british title fight because he was ill, fair enough. But no hes fighting on 9th july on tysons undercard. Pathetic excuse.

Hughie Fury is a child at the moment mentally and emotionally. Look at his last fight, he was winning every round yet he was pretty much sulking, complaining that he felt flat - it was like he just didn't want to be there. Don't forget though, he is barely a man he is very, very young especially for a heavyweight. Hughie has lots of ability, technically very good, fast hands, moves well but at the moment he is isn't mentally strong enough to be leaping too high in class. I suspect his camp know this which is why he's a steady work in progress. He has potential to be a world champion one day but he's nowhere near ready yet.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #285 on: May 29, 2016, 12:02:40 PM »

Yes, they are completely different... that doesn't change the facts though,

That was the talk before the fight, at the end of the fight joshua said it himself inside the ring that people were saying martin is this big dangerous southpaw and he would struggle.

and who mentioned the Hughie fight? how do you get the name hughie from me saying that klitschko hardly threw any punches? I suggest you read other peoples posts properly because every reply you have said... your talking about complete different things
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 12:04:55 PM by adamw1109 »

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #286 on: May 29, 2016, 12:29:43 PM »

Hughie Fury is a child at the moment mentally and emotionally. Look at his last fight, he was winning every round yet he was pretty much sulking, complaining that he felt flat - it was like he just didn't want to be there. Don't forget though, he is barely a man he is very, very young especially for a heavyweight. Hughie has lots of ability, technically very good, fast hands, moves well but at the moment he is isn't mentally strong enough to be leaping too high in class. I suspect his camp know this which is why he's a steady work in progress. He has potential to be a world champion one day but he's nowhere near ready yet.

You can talk the talk then duck the first major test.

He has fought 21 times vs 21 bums.

Might aswel stay amateur if all you are going to do is fight bums.

Anyway im off to Goodison, come on the bomber.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #287 on: May 29, 2016, 12:34:21 PM »
Yes, they are completely different... that doesn't change the facts though,

That was the talk before the fight, at the end of the fight joshua said it himself inside the ring that people were saying martin is this big dangerous southpaw and he would struggle.

and who mentioned the Hughie fight? how do you get the name hughie from me saying that klitschko hardly threw any punches? I suggest you read other peoples posts properly because every reply you have said... your talking about complete different things

I was talking about Hughie Fury previously, I haven't mentioned Tyson v Wlad for a good few posts now so may be you should read properly?

Anyone that said Joshua would struggle with Martin simply doesn't know boxing. As for Joshua himself did you really think he was going to say Martin is pooh?

Finally, take a tip - your condescending attitude doesn't do anything for you.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #288 on: May 29, 2016, 10:18:53 PM »
Bellew has just destroyed Makabu there  :o
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #289 on: May 30, 2016, 08:29:59 AM »
Bellew has just destroyed Makabu there  :o

Great performance from Bellew. He is a different fighter at Cruiserweight.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #290 on: May 30, 2016, 10:10:29 AM »
What a night that was! Managed to sneak in ringside, got loads of pics with boxers and referees and was even on the tv.

Great performance, scousers do your head in though.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #291 on: June 01, 2016, 01:35:32 PM »
What a farce! Pro boxers allowed to fight at the Rio Olympic Games :o

https://www.boxingnewsandviews.com/2016/06/01/professional-boxers-can-compete-in-2016-rio-olympics/

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #292 on: June 01, 2016, 08:53:32 PM »
Agreed I hate this move. I suppose when you have the mega money earners in a lot of the other sports (tennis, golf), legally it might be hard to stop boxers also.
It's always been one of the interests of boxing in spotting certain people at the Olympics and then watching their careers develop or unravel in the pro game.

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #293 on: June 01, 2016, 11:08:55 PM »
What a farce! Pro boxers allowed to fight at the Rio Olympic Games :o

https://www.boxingnewsandviews.com/2016/06/01/professional-boxers-can-compete-in-2016-rio-olympics/

I agree with you, I don't like the idea of it but I suppose the argument is that every other sports person in the Olympics is a professional
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #294 on: June 04, 2016, 12:35:09 AM »
Thoughts and prayers are with muhammed ali and his family.

Looks like he onky has hours to live.

The greatest. Ali.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #295 on: June 04, 2016, 06:05:21 AM »
THE greatest boxer of all time, a man who truly changed the world, thank you for the memories, RIP.
Baggie in Southampton

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #296 on: June 04, 2016, 06:15:49 AM »
Didn't agree with some of his politics but he believed in what he preached and what a sports man.
RIP Ali
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #297 on: June 04, 2016, 07:54:44 AM »
An icon of a man who will be remembered forever. rip Cassius Marcellus Clay.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #298 on: June 04, 2016, 08:05:14 AM »
Farewell to a legend our life times.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #299 on: June 04, 2016, 08:43:33 AM »
Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.

God bless.