Author Topic: Graeme Jones  (Read 48146 times)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Graeme Jones - Assistant Head Coach
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2018, 05:00:24 PM »
love the cultural references, humility is a rare thing in footy nowadays.
I cannot see any downside to this appointment.  Welcome Mr Jones.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2018, 05:21:53 PM »
Excellent appointment for me. Hopefully this means we are going to see some attacking football this year.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

letmereadposts

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2018, 05:25:05 PM »
Very sound appointment, and worth the wait. Moves like this from the club are much welcomed and very reassuring.

Really hope Jones and Big Dave make it happen this year, but if we're competing and moving in the right direction then eventual promotion would be all the moore sweeter.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2018, 05:49:44 PM »
I'm pleased that this position has finally been sorted out and it looks to be an excellent appointment. I look forward to seeing how Darren and Graeme work together.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2018, 05:51:43 PM »
“I don’t like to say too much about this but I’m changing the culture around here and the first thing we have to do is recruit people with respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with. Everyone who steps into this place must show these characteristics".

Big ouch goes out to Pardew and Carver et.al  ;D .
I'm wondering how well Jenkins fits into Darren's vision of the club to be honest....

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2018, 05:57:46 PM »
Welcome to West Bromwich Albion Graeme
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2018, 06:05:06 PM »
I'm wondering how well Jenkins fits into Darren's vision of the club to be honest....
I can understand your concern but signs are that he is giving DM some license to run the playing and coaching staff side himself - no doubt within certain boundaries.

Pleasing appointment this.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2018, 07:04:08 PM »
I'm delighted with this.

On balance most of the pre-season news has been pretty good.

I'm holding out hope...
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2018, 07:19:11 PM »
“I don’t like to say too much about this but I’m changing the culture around here and the first thing we have to do is recruit people with respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with. Everyone who steps into this place must show these characteristics. 

This is an interest quote from Moore on the club's website and probably refers to the dressing room attitude at times last season.

ranvir wba90

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2018, 07:21:51 PM »
Very shrewd appointment in my opinion.

MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2018, 10:38:42 PM »
-Get along together great
-clearly felt need to wait for the right number 2
-attacking coach to complement defensive one
-speaking in a ‘WE must get back to where WE belong ‘ manner

Big thumbs up from me
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2018, 10:53:36 PM »
Jones had got a great position coaching one of the best teams in the world so it's great he's given that up to join us and team up with DM. this could be the best signing we do this summer.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2018, 10:59:52 PM »
What a great appointment Graham is,he has an excellent pedigree and a friend of Dave as well couldn't be a better fit.
I don't think our coaches will stand for any funny business or slacking they will demand respect and this new crop of youngsters we've got will give them that respect and listen to their experience good times ahead I think.

Bigrob80

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2018, 11:01:57 PM »
Great appointment!
Seems Darren had it under control for a while from the press coverage and made him have a break!
Welcome Graeme!

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2018, 11:51:24 PM »
 ;D Maybe Nacer will want to stay...now we have the Belgium assistant coach on board ??

Just have to get Lukaku and Hazard in (with Graemes'contact) and we will have a half decent team. ;) ;)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2018, 11:58:59 PM »
;D Maybe Nacer will want to stay...now we have the Belgium assistant coach on board ??

Just have to get Lukaku and Hazard in (with Graemes'contact) and we will have a half decent team. ;) ;)

Ha ha. Get Hazard in and the league is won by Christmas.  ;D

As part of the deal I'll make him best quality faggots and peas whenever he wants it.  ;D

Any chance of De Bruyne as well?

albionden

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2018, 12:03:42 AM »
“I don’t like to say too much about this but I’m changing the culture around here and the first thing we have to do is recruit people with respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with. Everyone who steps into this place must show these characteristics.

This is an interest quote from Moore on the club's website and probably refers to the dressing room attitude at times last season.

No chance of the "fat one" returning then..... ;D

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2018, 02:02:27 AM »
This is a major coup for Darren that he was able to recruit someone as experienced as Graeme Jones as his assistant. Particularly given Jones' long standing relationship with Roberto Martinez and his recent success with Belgium.

While long term friends it says much about Darren that a Coach as highly regarded was persuaded to come to the Hawthorns as his assistant given that he is virtually guaranteed employment for the next 4 years and you could argue has a longer and more impressive CV than Darren has.

Plainly this was Darren's number one choice and in every regard is an ideal appointment. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2018, 08:40:26 AM »
A bloke I know has ties with Everton behind the scenes and told me that towards the end of Martinez' time there the players called a meeting with him and Jones but he didn't attend so Jones went on his own and the players were asking why they don't do any training on defending set pieces, to which Jones replied "don't worry about set pieces just worry about passing the ball"

(don't shoot the messenger)

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2018, 09:27:07 AM »
Jones had got a great position coaching one of the best teams in the world so it's great he's given that up to join us and team up with DM. this could be the best signing we do this summer.
      Great appointment Jenkins. I thought I'd mention his name.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2018, 09:29:42 AM »
A bloke I know has ties with Everton behind the scenes and told me that towards the end of Martinez' time there the players called a meeting with him and Jones but he didn't attend so Jones went on his own and the players were asking why they don't do any training on defending set pieces, to which Jones replied "don't worry about set pieces just worry about passing the ball"

(don't shoot the messenger)

I'm sure I read somewhere that Jones is being brought in to compliment Moore's defensive coaching with his more attacking approach.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2018, 09:35:02 AM »
I'm sure I read somewhere that Jones is being brought in to compliment Moore's defensive coaching with his more attacking approach.

You're right, DM said it:

“His philosophies within the game, how it should be played . . . he is an attack-minded coach who knows what I want from forward play and I believe he can deliver it with precision.

"I’ve been out watching him in training with Roberto and we have always had this exchange of views. His outlook on the game from both a defensive and attacking point of view is something that works for me.

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2018, 11:01:50 AM »
Better late than never, but he will definitely be on with Jim White today on Talksport.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2018, 11:17:39 AM »
Better late than never, but he will definitely be on with Jim White today on Talksport.
Any idea when?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2018, 11:35:20 AM »
Any idea when?

No idea, but I sincerely hope WBAinDevon isn't still holding his breath from the last time GJ was supposed to be on Talksport  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.