Author Topic: Slaven Bilic  (Read 676697 times)

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Slaven Bilic Sacked
« Reply #4000 on: December 16, 2020, 10:15:57 PM »
Friend... Wolves fan...is that not a contradiction in terms?
I went to school in a Wolves area Willenhall. We got on alright we had our moments but we like Football and we both have a common hatred Villa 
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4001 on: December 16, 2020, 10:16:20 PM »
Oh, I see. And what do you know exactly Baggie79?
Baggie 79 has very many years of proven ITK knowledge, the accuracy of which has been well established on this board. He knows a hell of a lot more than most of us about what is actually going on.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4002 on: December 16, 2020, 10:22:27 PM »
Baggie 79 has very many years of proven ITK knowledge, the accuracy of which has been well established on this board. He knows a hell of a lot more than most of us about what is actually going on.

He does clearly have insight, however with all due respect I could have told you it’s a financially driven decision.

Lai has rolled the dice to try and keep us up and protect the value of his investment.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4003 on: December 16, 2020, 10:23:23 PM »
Sorry to see him go, liked him, even if I didn't understand him half the time. 8)

As we saw last season, only promotion saved us from dire financial circumstances, whilst I'm not an Alladyce fan, I'll give him my support.

The villain here is not the Albion hierarchy, it's Sky and the money mad and corrupt Premier League, the pressures to succeed are just too great.
Baggie in Southampton

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4004 on: December 16, 2020, 10:34:00 PM »
He does clearly have insight, however with all due respect I could have told you it’s a financially driven decision.

Lai has rolled the dice to try and keep us up and protect the value of his investment.
As I said, I suspected as much as well. The difference is that you and I might have suspected that this was what was going on, but, believe me, if Baggie 79 says he knows, then he knows. He doesn't tend to get into any discussion about anything he is ITK about, but you can trust what he says.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4005 on: December 16, 2020, 10:37:08 PM »
As I said, I suspected as much as well. The difference is that you and I might have suspected that this was what was going on, but, believe me, if Baggie 79 says he knows, then he knows. He doesn't tend to get into any discussion about anything he is ITK about, but you can trust what he says.

It don’t think there has ever been any reasonable doubt though. It’s never needed confirming.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4006 on: December 16, 2020, 10:56:15 PM »
Some very dramatic and highly-charged posts on this thread. My commiserations to the pro-Bilić faction of our club.

Enjoy your moment. You’ve campaigned fiercely for it and that’s your prerogative. Look who’s now in charge though. Horrific news.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4007 on: December 17, 2020, 07:04:19 AM »
Conspiracy theory...
The board wouldn't let Slaven have any real money for transfers, because they wanted to keep it, just  to pay him off.

Singhwba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4008 on: December 17, 2020, 10:26:11 AM »
The right decision if you look at the results over the last 16/24 games, with only 1/4wins. Its just the timing that is bad. 

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4009 on: December 17, 2020, 11:41:23 AM »
Conspiracy theory...
The board wouldn't let Slaven have any real money for transfers, because they wanted to keep it, just  to pay him off.
How much would the remaining 6 months of his contract be worth then?

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4010 on: December 17, 2020, 11:42:44 AM »
The right decision if you look at the results over the last 16/24 games, with only 1/4wins. Its just the timing that is bad.
It only looks bad timing because we didn't lose 4 or 5 nil as expected

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4011 on: December 17, 2020, 12:36:09 PM »
How much would the remaining 6 months of his contract be worth then?

I think he was being ironic (well I hope he was  :)
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4012 on: December 17, 2020, 12:58:16 PM »
I think he was being ironic (well I hope he was  :)
I think youre right, he got me

Singhwba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4013 on: December 17, 2020, 01:14:07 PM »

100% agree. Couldve/shouldve happened earlier but thats the industry were in.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4014 on: December 17, 2020, 05:47:06 PM »
Those who follow my posts avidly will have noted that I have been quiet recently. Bad news in the real world has taken over, but I felt an urge to log in today just to put a couple of things on the record this evening.

Slav was a breath of fresh air; a manager who not only was successful on the pitch, but a human being who understood the importance of football for us, the fans. He gave me reason to believe once again, he restored pride to our club. When I heard he was to be sacked, I felt gutted, something I'd not experienced before when parting ways with a manager. This quickly turned to anger when it became clear how the club had treated him with a complete lack of respect, conspiring behind his back. Slav has more integrity in his little finger than the faceless ***** who run our club have put together. Our club, not their club.

Moving onto the decision: I disagree with it fiercely. Slav had got us promoted, and while things were far from perfect, the players were playing with pride and belief for their boss. He was not backed to any reasonable extent and our current predicament was more due to the ineptitude and inaction of our board. Due to the aforementioned personal circumstances, football was already moving down the pecking order and today's news just solidifies this. I will always be a Son of Albion, but I will not be down The Hawthorns for the foreseeable future, I fear. Allardyce is not my manager and the board, who have brought shame on this great club, are the enemy within.

Thanks for the memories, Slav.

Hope all goes well with you and yours wbako. Your great post pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. However whilst I can never support Allardyce, the main reason being his disrespectful attitude and the rubbish he has spouted publicly about OUR club, I for my sins am a baggies man and hope for the sake of our team that whoever is the manager, whether I like him or not wins every *****y match we play, cup league or friendly. COYB  sotv!

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4015 on: December 17, 2020, 05:52:00 PM »
Am I being lazy asking what has he said?
 "whilst I can never support Allardyce, the main reason being his disrespectful attitude and the rubbish he has spouted publicly about OUR club"
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4016 on: December 17, 2020, 06:59:39 PM »
Am I being lazy asking what has he said?
 "whilst I can never support Allardyce, the main reason being his disrespectful attitude and the rubbish he has spouted publicly about OUR club"

Sorry Glos. can't give you quotes, memory not that accurate  these days. Others might be able to. But stuff like being a club he wouldn't want to go back to, looking at us as small time not deserving of our place etc. OK he might have been correct, but I  didn't like it. 

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4017 on: December 17, 2020, 07:14:03 PM »
Sorry Glos. can't give you quotes, memory not that accurate  these days. Others might be able to. But stuff like being a club he wouldn't want to go back to, looking at us as small time not deserving of our place etc. OK he might have been correct, but I  didn't like it.
Thanks mate. I think I can remember some of those but then again he was sacked so....?
Looking at the Wolves Villa stuff he does not seem to be that with them. If fact his managerial achievements were quite varied.
I loved Stav and was gutted last night but maybe he could do a job for us?
Just looking at it from the outside.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4018 on: December 17, 2020, 09:51:42 PM »
Thanks mate. I think I can remember some of those but then again he was sacked so....?
Looking at the Wolves Villa stuff he does not seem to be that with them. If fact his managerial achievements were quite varied.
I loved Stav and was gutted last night but maybe he could do a job for us?
Just looking at it from the outside.

Slowly coming around to that way of thinking myself, and really have no problem with previous clubs, but doubt if I can ever see him as Albion. I don't think, at least I hope that his football really is 'pragmatic' and he can keep what is good about us and improve that which isn't working so that we start winning. He has experience and confidence, so keeping fingers crossed the playing style is not complete Pulis. My first angry reaction was to give up on the club and metaphorically at least walk away. Just cannot do it though, not now probably not ever. Maybe it is a prelude to a sale, which brings financial backing and gives some chance of competing eventually.

Singhwba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4019 on: December 17, 2020, 09:59:27 PM »
If you havent read it, the article in the athletic gives a review of the relationship Bilic had with the board and the troubles behind the scenes.
Bilic was going to resign on 25th October but was persuaded not to.
Albion were looking to sack him after the Fulham game but no one was available.
Final nail was against Newcastle and SA became available.
The way it happened and the timing stinks, but the relationship wasnt good and wasnt going to be continued.
Onwards and upwards from here. COYB!!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4020 on: December 17, 2020, 10:53:01 PM »

The team played out of their skins because they knew what was on the cards. They should of course play like that all of the time.

Now they have lost someone they really looked up to.... well let's just see how that goes.

If we go down now we will absolutely deserve it because this whole charade is based around the filthy greed league...

I'm just sick of us not sticking to a plan for more than a year or so, we've been like this since Roy.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4021 on: December 17, 2020, 10:54:17 PM »
Just to be clear though, I hope Sam gets us mid-table by May.  ;)
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4022 on: December 18, 2020, 11:11:58 AM »
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4023 on: December 18, 2020, 05:43:49 PM »
Really classy comments from Slav after his departure

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12165283/slaven-bilic-former-west-brom-boss-opens-up-on-sacking-and-honour-of-managing-club
Classy comments from a classy guy. I notice he mentioned the word integrity. Won't be hearing that again for a while.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4024 on: December 18, 2020, 09:38:36 PM »
Classy comments from a classy guy. I notice he mentioned the word integrity. Won't be hearing that again for a while.
Absolutely. It seems like pretty much everyone here has forgotten him already, judging by the lack of responses. There were a number of things he did that I didn't agree with, but I can't fault his passion or his willingness to embrace the club and its fans.

Although it went sour results-wise, I believe he set us out to play on the front foot in all but a handful of games and I'll always be grateful to him for that.