Author Topic: Dwight Gayle (at Newcastle)  (Read 234982 times)

timdon

• Senior Baggie

Re: Dwight Gayle (on loan swap from Newcastle)
« Reply #1075 on: August 07, 2019, 10:05:32 PM »
   That is one brilliant shout .Get on the phone to Downing Now!
Don't think it needs Boris' permission.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1076 on: August 07, 2019, 10:16:44 PM »
Yes I understand what you are saying but I also think we may possibly have a better squad than last season so there is always the chance we could go up.  Yes we will not get the 16m back but surely we would only lose about 5m on him for next season.

Which I think is worth the risk.
When was the last time you threw away 5m?

We talk about these figures like they have no impact, to a club like us 5m really can make a difference
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

staticboy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1077 on: August 07, 2019, 10:36:29 PM »
5m is a guess it could be less or more who knows but yes I would gamble if it meant we had a proven striker who will help us with our promotion push.  But any way let’s see what we are left with tomorrow after 5pm.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1078 on: August 07, 2019, 10:59:49 PM »
If it is going to happen it will be a loan deal. I keep seeing people construct scenarios where we somehow can afford the fee and wages. It is really simple we can't.

No, it is not worth a gamble again based on some fanciful maths that we could sell the player if we don't get promoted. The reason why we are still talking about this is because no Premier League club or equally wealthy overseas club wanted to take Gayle on the fee and wages that were required this summer. 12 months on almost regardless of what happens in the interim with the player a year older and the selling club us probably even more desperate to get him off the books that won't be any easier.

My fear is that if we do get him on loan we make some stupid commitment to a permanent deal if we get promoted. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1079 on: August 08, 2019, 01:36:42 AM »

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1080 on: August 08, 2019, 06:39:13 AM »
I don't have a problem with commitment to buy if promoted deals when you consider how important it is we go up
Baggie in Southampton

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1081 on: August 08, 2019, 06:55:05 AM »
If, as reported, the player himself want's a permanent deal and a signing on fee then you can understand why.
He probably hasn't got many moves left in him so is looking for a bit of security for a last big payday.
Would love to see him come back but struggling to see how the bean counters can make this happen
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1082 on: August 08, 2019, 07:22:21 AM »
I don't have a problem with commitment to buy if promoted deals when you consider how important it is we go up
I don't either, that has to be worth the gamble

smethwick2

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1083 on: August 08, 2019, 10:40:10 AM »
Interesting reports that training is off at Newcastle today but Gayle has been spotted at the training ground? Would love him to come back but I am sick to death of this its on, its off situation. Its the hope that kills you

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1084 on: August 08, 2019, 10:43:56 AM »
As far as noises from WBA are concerned it's been off all summer, never been on so we can't blame anybody at WBA.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1085 on: August 08, 2019, 10:44:45 AM »
Interesting reports that training is off at Newcastle today but Gayle has been spotted at the training ground? Would love him to come back but I am sick to death of this its on, its off situation. Its the hope that kills you

Could be having treatment.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1086 on: August 08, 2019, 10:47:40 AM »
Think the best thing for us if we don’t get Gayle (looking very likely) is that he stays at Newcastle so no one else can have him
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1087 on: August 08, 2019, 10:49:50 AM »
From Sky Transfer Centre.

It would take a very big bid - or a lot of money for a loan signing - for Gayle; Steve Bruce has said he's keen to keep him but the fact he's in today when the rest of the players are off maybe tells you something..."

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1088 on: August 08, 2019, 10:51:24 AM »
From Sky Transfer Centre.

It would take a very big bid - or a lot of money for a loan signing - for Gayle; Steve Bruce has said he's keen to keep him but the fact he's in today when the rest of the players are off maybe tells you something..."

Strange he’s come in unless he’s pushing for a move ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

smethwick2

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1089 on: August 08, 2019, 10:56:34 AM »
As far as noises from WBA are concerned it's been off all summer, never been on so we can't blame anybody at WBA.

I agree, they said at the start of the window that he's not coming so with I am with the mindset that its not happening. If he does end up coming then I will be happily surprised
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 10:59:02 AM by smethwick2 »

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1090 on: August 08, 2019, 11:11:11 AM »
Check out his lack of a squad number https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/newcastle-united/kader/verein/762
Just saying like
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1091 on: August 08, 2019, 11:14:59 AM »
Just seen this on Facebook:

We all know the Albion.... Austin will end up at the toon and gayle will then go on loan to........... Leeds!    ;D ;D ;D

Jack Thrust

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1092 on: August 08, 2019, 11:16:13 AM »
apparently Newcastle after Andy Carroll, could that then free up Gayle? Who knows! At least either way it'll be over by 5pm today and we can all move on with our lives  :D :D
Astle is the King

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1093 on: August 08, 2019, 11:18:01 AM »
Lads, 5 and a half hours left.

Safe to say he's staying ay Newcastle

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1094 on: August 08, 2019, 11:20:53 AM »
Lads, 5 and a half hours left.

Safe to say he's staying ay Newcastle
Safe to say he is in on his own to get fit as hes missed all of pre-season, if he was planning on coming he would have stayed at home in Streetly and sorted things out!!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1095 on: August 08, 2019, 12:32:28 PM »
I just said on Twitter, im now convincing myself it is better to go for Gayle in January as he hasnt even kicked a ball since the Villa game due to injury so he is way behind on fitness, if he is fit in that time and not being used by Newcastle snap him up in January to boost us for the second and most important half of the season!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1096 on: August 08, 2019, 12:35:56 PM »
I just said on Twitter, im now convincing myself it is better to go for Gayle in January as he hasnt even kicked a ball since the Villa game due to injury so he is way behind on fitness, if he is fit in that time and not being used by Newcastle snap him up in January to boost us for the second and most important half of the season!

I said the same to a mate at work.

January would be a good time to get him, especially if he doesn't get any game time before then. Newcastle would allow him to go on loan and Gayle would be jumping at the chance to play football at that point.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1097 on: August 08, 2019, 12:45:23 PM »
Carroll linked with Toon now, could free up a striker for them. Gayle cant be happy if Carroll's going to come in. 

I think its 98% chance not going to happen now, but that 2% will keep me hanging on until the window's shut.

Dowling, dial that G one more time.
Apparently as Carroll is now a free agent, it wouldn't have to be completed today. By which time it would be too late to effect the Gayle situation.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1098 on: August 08, 2019, 12:58:17 PM »
I think it's likely that Bruce does want to keep him, and has had a chat with him about his plans. He's probably training today to help with fitness and to show he's ready and keen to the new boss.

chonobaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1099 on: August 08, 2019, 01:02:19 PM »
Surely with Carrol going to the Toon it’s going to push Gayle out the door. He’s never going to get a game now. One last chance to get him back? 🤞
Im the cat that walks by himself....and all places are alike to me