Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2080236 times)

reiss

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #1450 on: December 20, 2011, 07:07:50 PM »
 i couldn't go, apart from the Albion playing there, i have been there once to watch my elder brother Sunday league team play in a final and that was bad enough

reiss

« Reply #1451 on: December 20, 2011, 07:11:03 PM »
i couldn't go, apart from the Albion playing there, i have been there once to watch my elder brother Sunday league team play in a final and that was bad enough

as i was saying from that, my brother scored and put his finger to his lips in front of the southbank and the was no-one there

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1452 on: December 20, 2011, 07:17:08 PM »
hmm would i go to the mol in the home end? would take a lot to persuade me, and i think id half cheer if they scored, no more!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1453 on: December 20, 2011, 09:17:14 PM »
Ive done it !!

We were away at sunderland , all tickets were sold  :D
So I went to watch them v barnsley , now i can have an objective conversation with anyone about any team but trust me they were shocking and their fans really do arrive on a yellow bus.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

merlin_mick

« Reply #1454 on: December 20, 2011, 09:55:09 PM »
Who do you believe you can realistically attract to take on the job and take you on to that next level with the squad you have?

You somehow managed to get Hodgson with your squad?!

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1455 on: December 20, 2011, 09:58:54 PM »
With Arsenal and Chelsea coming up I carnt see you getting much of those games.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1456 on: December 20, 2011, 09:59:05 PM »
There aint a Hodgson out there at the moment is there, you'd be lucky to get Steve Bruce ;D ;D ;D, your next 4 games coming up, pitty!

merlin_mick

« Reply #1457 on: December 20, 2011, 10:05:40 PM »
There aint a Hodgson out there at the moment is there, you'd be lucky to get Steve Bruce ;D ;D ;D, your next 4 games coming up, pitty!

Hold on a sec, your next four games aren't exactly easy....

Newcastle
Man City
Everton
Spurs.  :D

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1458 on: December 20, 2011, 10:07:16 PM »
whats mark hughes doing there watching hmmmmmmmm  :o

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1459 on: December 20, 2011, 10:08:41 PM »

Newcastle    win

Man City      draw
Everton        win
Spurs.  :D     draw

happy days  :P

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1460 on: December 20, 2011, 10:12:25 PM »
Another poor result for the Tats and, when added to the Stoke defeat, it's relegation form.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1461 on: December 20, 2011, 10:15:43 PM »

Newcastle
Man City
Everton
Spurs.  :D

Points on the board Dingle Mick, points on the board.
Baggie in Southampton

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1462 on: December 20, 2011, 10:17:53 PM »

It wasn't actually a dig at your squad. My point is who do you think you can realistically attract to the club who could do better with the current squad than the man that actually put it together? Will a new man suddenly give them a boost of confidence they need or would he need to do some major surgery to the team and style of play to kick on from relegation candidates? It isn't often the case that there is a quick fix, with us it was rumoured that some of our players weren't happy with RDM so a change was probably necessary but with Wolves I haven't heard anything like that he seems to be genuinely well liked by the players.

As for Hodgson we dropped lucky getting a man of his experience available and with a point to prove.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1463 on: December 20, 2011, 10:24:29 PM »
If mick is to go I really hope they end up with Steve Bruce.  :D

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1464 on: December 21, 2011, 12:00:40 AM »
So after tonight I will honestly never moan about our support. The players look literally scared to touch the ball as the fans get on there backs straight away, they were all nervous wrecks. And some of the stuff some of the people came out with around me they haven't got a clue about football...... seriously I was sitting on my hands when Norwich scored and had a few wierd looks after I burst out laughing when all the numpties was celebrating only to see the linesman to disallow an injury time goal.

I was top tier of Billy Wright right in middle so didnt have bad seats, dont think I would have like it in the South bank though.

They do look poor though, all to predictable and if Norwich converted there chances in the first 30 mins they could have been 3-4 down. They played abit better 2nd half. Roger Johnson though was terrible and I am glad we didnt sign him when everyone here was moaning looks like a good decision not to go for him.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 01:21:09 AM by leeiswba »

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1465 on: December 21, 2011, 01:08:39 AM »
So after tonight I will honestly never moan about our support after tonight. The players look literally scared to touch the ball as the fans get on there backs straight away, they were all nervous wrecks. And some of the stuff some of the people came out with around me they haven't got a clue about football...... seriously I was sitting on my hands when Norwich scored and had a few wierd looks after I burst out laughing when all the numpties was celebrating only to see the linesman to disallow an injury time goal.

I was top tier of Billy Wright right in middle so didnt have bad seats, dont think I would have like it in the South bank though.

They do look poor though, all to predictable and if Norwich converted there chances in the first 30 mins they could have been 3-4 down. They played abit better 2nd half. Roger Johnson though was terrible and I am glad we didnt sign him when everyone here was moaning looks like a good decision not to go for him.

A decent bit of scouting e.g. McAuley trumps splashing the cash on a player who had a decent half season when partnered with a decent CB e.g Johnson.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1466 on: December 21, 2011, 06:25:07 AM »
Why do they get so many budgies sat in what used to be the north bank?
Is the plastic mac now Wolverhampton chic?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Mulumbu99

« Reply #1467 on: December 21, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »
Wolves today announced Hearts’ Iceland international Eggert Jonsson as a surprise first signing of the January transfer window.

The 23-year-old utility man, who has signed a three-and-a-half year contract effective from January 1, has joined for an undisclosed fee.

Jonsson passed a medical at Wolves before watching last night’s 2-2 draw against Norwich after talks yesterday following agreement of a fee last week. Described as a strong and tenacious ball-winning midfielder, 6ft 2in tall Jonsson made 153 appearances for Hearts, whom he joined in 2005 from Icelandic second division side KF Fjardabyggdar.

A 12-capped Iceland international, the Reykjavik-born player established himself at Hearts in 2007-08 when he won his first cap, and was voted Supporters’ Player of the Year in 2009-10.

Known as a utility player, he’s operated at full-back, centre-half and across midfield at Tynecastle, and is a former team-mate of Christophe Berra, and more recently, ex-Wolves players Stephen Elliott and Kevin Kyle.

“We’ve been watching Eggert for a long time and he’s impressed Dave Bowman and our scouts up there,” said boss Mick McCarthy.

“He’s a versatile midfield player who can play in a number of positions comfortably.

“He’s got more improvement in him and should get better.”

Jonsson now returns to Scotland before heading back to Wolves when the deal kicks in on January 1.

Wolves look to have snaffled Jonsson out of Edinburgh on the cheap with Hearts’ players yet to receive their December salaries, which were due on the 16th.

The squad’s November wages weren’t paid until December 15.

Jonsson is just looking forward to playing for his new club however.

“My main position is a central midfielder but we’ll see how it goes here,” said Jonsson. “Hopefully I can help the club. I’ve been up in Scotland for a long time and feel ready to take the next step. “Wolves is a great club for me to do that so hopefully I can get into the team and keep improving.

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/12/21/wolves-complete-signing-of-eggert-jonsson/#ixzz1hBQlGixy

anyone know much about him?

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1468 on: December 21, 2011, 03:48:12 PM »
Doesn't seem to have been too highly rated there, more a trier than a talent. But that's no judgement on the player. He might thrive or he might be a nothing signing, for 200k it doesn't really matter. I remember the widespread moaning about is only getting McAuley, whilst lamenting the fact Wolves had Johnson. It'd be interesting to see how many people would want to swap them now.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1469 on: December 21, 2011, 03:50:38 PM »
more a trier than a talent

Typical Mick signing then?  ;D  As long as 'he puts a shift in'.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1470 on: December 21, 2011, 04:51:10 PM »
They have to many players that put a shift in.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1471 on: December 21, 2011, 04:56:41 PM »
Jamie O Hara has been ruled out for 6 weeks.

Might have a big affect on them
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1472 on: December 21, 2011, 04:59:33 PM »
Jamie O Hara has been ruled out for 6 weeks.

Might have a big affect on them

They are sinking fast.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1473 on: December 21, 2011, 05:00:07 PM »
He is a decent player O Hara they will really miss him.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1474 on: December 21, 2011, 05:13:21 PM »

Can not convince me otherwise that RDM wasn't sacked because Hodgson was available. Peace knew exactly who he wanted.

Who is around at the moment that could improve on what Mick is already doing? Steve Kean could be available soon.  ;D
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.