Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2069993 times)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #1325 on: December 05, 2011, 05:51:19 PM »
Fletcher is a very good striker, I'm sure some of the bigger clubs will be looking at him soon.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1326 on: December 05, 2011, 06:28:51 PM »
Fletcher is a good player, id have Long ahead of him all day though

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1327 on: December 05, 2011, 07:20:23 PM »
Fletcher is a good player, id have Long ahead of him all day though
I would as well, Long has suprised me this season so much.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1328 on: December 05, 2011, 07:24:02 PM »
I think Fletcher and Long are pretty much on par with one another. Either one would improve our squad.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Steven Fletcher

« Reply #1329 on: December 05, 2011, 07:27:58 PM »
Long and Fletcher would make a bloody good partnership actually. But I would take Fletcher over him; he has much more technical ability than Long and has already managed goals 2 season on the bounce in this league, with very minimal game time.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1330 on: December 05, 2011, 07:33:37 PM »
Fletcher is a one of the ugliest men i have ever seen; shame he is losing his hair so early. Looks like some Wolves fans have finally realised a striker who scores goals is better than one who runs around like a headless chicken, I wonder if Arsenal will still come in for him.  :P

Steven Fletcher

« Reply #1331 on: December 05, 2011, 07:35:06 PM »
Fletcher is a one of the ugliest men i have ever seen; shame he is losing his hair so early. Looks like some Wolves fans have finally realised a striker who scores goals is better than one who runs around like a headless chicken, I wonder if Arsenal will still come in for him.  :P

Its frightening how little hair he has at 24, or even at 22/23 as he was the same then i recall.

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1332 on: December 05, 2011, 07:38:52 PM »
He ought to shave it and be done with it. Fire it before it quits, as they say.

merlin_mick

« Reply #1333 on: December 06, 2011, 03:52:20 AM »
And finally this thread is back in action! Always come here for a chuckle.

Fletcher and Long are on a par in my opinion. Long's looking extremely impressive this season as does Fletcher now he's fit again. He's scored 10 in his last 15 games.

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1334 on: December 06, 2011, 04:49:05 PM »
Thats why he fits in so well over there!!

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1335 on: December 06, 2011, 04:55:58 PM »
Wish they'd sort out this stupid mess between Fletcher and Craig Levein. Scotland's striker situation is dire.

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1336 on: December 06, 2011, 10:14:03 PM »
And finally this thread is back in action! Always come here for a chuckle.

If it's laughter you're after, then get yourself down to the Moulinex as soon as...

...they've got this bloke in charge who is Barnsley born and bred, yet is convinced that he is actually Irish  :o

Mind you, he must have some Irish in him - why else would he spend millions of pounds on a new central defender and captain only to then drop him for a 36 year old painter - now that's funny  ;D
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

merlin_mick

« Reply #1337 on: December 07, 2011, 12:12:36 AM »
If it's laughter you're after, then get yourself down to the Moulinex as soon as...

...they've got this bloke in charge who is Barnsley born and bred, yet is convinced that he is actually Irish  :o

Mind you, he must have some Irish in him - why else would he spend millions of pounds on a new central defender and captain only to then drop him for a 36 year old painter - now that's funny  ;D

Perfect example of why I come here for a laugh...

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1338 on: December 07, 2011, 02:07:45 PM »
Perfect example of why I come here for a laugh...
You do get some quality posts on this thread, lmfao
He's a lad from the Wrenna

Mossi28

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1339 on: December 07, 2011, 03:31:17 PM »
Long and Fletcher would make a bloody good partnership actually. But I would take Fletcher over him; he has much more technical ability than Long and has already managed goals 2 season on the bounce in this league, with very minimal game time.

Watch this then tell me he has "much more" technical ability http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpa7A3JTR30

Long every day of the week for me.

merlin_mick

« Reply #1340 on: December 07, 2011, 10:28:49 PM »
Watch this then tell me he has "much more" technical ability http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpa7A3JTR30

Long every day of the week for me.

Championship....

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1341 on: December 07, 2011, 10:32:09 PM »
Championship....

Pontificating next season Merlin Mick?  :D

shortie_10

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1342 on: December 07, 2011, 10:45:39 PM »
Championship....

It dosent matter what division hes in its the technical ability he was talking about, can Fletcher use his backside to pass a ball?  :D I think Long is better technically than fletcher but we'll soon see who's the better goal scorer.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 11:43:12 PM by shortie_10 »

merlin_mick

« Reply #1343 on: December 09, 2011, 05:31:30 PM »
It dosent matter what division hes in its the technical ability he was talking about, can Fletcher use his backside to pass a ball?  :D I think Long is better technically than fletcher but we'll soon see who's the better goal scorer.

Fletcher doesn't waste time passing the ball with his backside and looking fancy, he just bangs in the goals... no messing about. 10 in 15 for him. I think Fletch will honestly finish ahead of Long this season in number of goals.

Ben1983

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1344 on: December 09, 2011, 05:45:18 PM »
Long is the better footballer and everyone would have him ahead of Fletcher but Fletcher is a very very good box player. Always in the right place and can finish. He would suit a Newcastle/Everton team.
WestBrom.com FC Number 10

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #1345 on: December 09, 2011, 06:19:15 PM »
Fletcher is a very decent player but he isnt the kind of striker who could get fans off thier seats
If he ever became available for transfer then I would never pay more than 6M due to his lack of pace
and poor injury record.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 10:48:21 AM by the rainbow turn east »

shortie_10

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1346 on: December 09, 2011, 07:08:37 PM »
Fletcher doesn't waste time passing the ball with his backside and looking fancy, he just bangs in the goals... no messing about. 10 in 15 for him. I think Fletch will honestly finish ahead of Long this season in number of goals.

So Long does have more technical ability than Fletcher then. That was my point.

merlin_mick

« Reply #1347 on: December 09, 2011, 07:33:59 PM »
So Long does have more technical ability than Fletcher then. That was my point.

You're argument / point is invalid because how do you know Fletcher can't do that?
I just said he doesn't. But if you're going to go on about technical ability? Watch MOTD2 and look at Fletcher's first touch from Hennessey's goal kick (the way he controls it from such a height). Brilliant.

shortie_10

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1348 on: December 09, 2011, 07:40:36 PM »
You're argument / point is invalid because how do you know Fletcher can't do that?
I just said he doesn't. But if you're going to go on about technical ability? Watch MOTD2 and look at Fletcher's first touch from Hennessey's goal kick (the way he controls it from such a height). Brilliant.

I didn't say Fletcher couldnt do things like that my argument is that Long shows that he has flair and technical ability during games. Im not bothered about IF Fletcher can do things that Long does the fact is that Long shows he has alot more flair and ability.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 07:59:59 PM by shortie_10 »

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1349 on: December 09, 2011, 07:46:59 PM »
Odemwingie and Long are both superior to Fletcher. Wolves fans are all eulogising about Fletcher - what will they do when he gets injured... Again?    :D