Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 363039 times)

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #875 on: April 19, 2018, 01:18:32 PM »
In a perverse way I believe that the more Bong goes on about it the better it is for JRod as anyone who had sympathy with Bong now think he is trying to justify his untrue allegation. Anyway is old news now

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #876 on: April 19, 2018, 05:17:38 PM »
In a perverse way I believe that the more Bong goes on about it the better it is for JRod as anyone who had sympathy with Bong now think he is trying to justify his untrue allegation. Anyway is old news now
Let's hope jrod dosen t say much more about it, bong might take it the wrong way

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #877 on: April 19, 2018, 05:44:02 PM »
Let's hope jrod dosen t say much more about it, bong might take it the wrong way

I agree, but not because Bong might take it the wrong way, but because it’s been settled by an independent panel, that’s the end of it.

If JR responds, where will it end? The problem is Bong’s he needs to get over it no matter how clear his conscious is, it’s over move on!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #878 on: April 28, 2018, 09:24:03 PM »
Defender Bong accused West Brom's Burnley-born striker Jay Rodriguez of racially abusing him during a match in January, a charge found "not proven".

Burnley fans chanted "Jay Rodriguez, he's one of our own" as well as booing Bong whenever he touched the ball.

"I was incredibly surprised, I must admit. I certainly didn't expect it," said Hughton.

"I thought the reaction of the Burnley supporters towards Gaetan was shameful.

"He's an incredibly disciplined and straight individual - as honest a person as you will meet.

"It's something that happened, it's not nice at all, and of course he's big enough and strong enough to cope with it."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43937329

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #879 on: April 28, 2018, 11:07:31 PM »
Funny that,I thought Hughton was talking about Jrod for a minute!
I know who I believe.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #880 on: April 28, 2018, 11:10:24 PM »
I think Bong's like an idiot kid who's told a porky and now can't back down, he's just painting himself more and more into a corner and so's Hughton now.

The FA were too scared of racism issues to say so, so they went for the old Scottish "not proven" to try to make it go away.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #881 on: April 28, 2018, 11:10:32 PM »
Still not convinced who's telling the truth
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #882 on: April 29, 2018, 02:15:02 AM »
After the Burnley fans treatment of Jason Roberts, I’m not sure Jay really wants them on his side.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #883 on: April 29, 2018, 07:55:32 PM »
Defender Bong accused West Brom's Burnley-born striker Jay Rodriguez of racially abusing him during a match in January, a charge found "not proven".

Burnley fans chanted "Jay Rodriguez, he's one of our own" as well as booing Bong whenever he touched the ball.

"I was incredibly surprised, I must admit. I certainly didn't expect it," said Hughton.

"I thought the reaction of the Burnley supporters towards Gaetan was shameful.

"He's an incredibly disciplined and straight individual - as honest a person as you will meet.

"It's something that happened, it's not nice at all, and of course he's big enough and strong enough to cope with it."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43937329

I wonder if the Burnley fans were trying to egg their board on to secure Jay Rod in the summer. I can't imagine we'd do likewise for one of our ex-players. I do remember cheering Gera when he came back here with Fulham, but can't think of any current examples of ex-players I'd want back.
And..... I hope our board make a big effort to keep JayRod at the club.  He scores frequently and could be one of our key players next year.  We would struggle to pick up a proper replacement if he leaves.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #884 on: April 30, 2018, 01:09:07 PM »
It's all a bit ethically dodgy now. Bong obviously thought he had a complaint, but it's the comparative behavior since that hasn't shown him in the best light.

Whatever verdict the FA recorded, it should be left behind now.

Avonbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #885 on: May 01, 2018, 05:57:27 PM »
Not sure this is going anywhere soon with Brighton getting the police to look into whether there were monkey chants from the crowd during the Burnley game..

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #886 on: May 02, 2018, 01:17:47 PM »
Not sure this is going anywhere soon with Brighton getting the police to look into whether there were monkey chants from the crowd during the Burnley game..

Its beyond us now.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #887 on: May 30, 2018, 03:47:24 PM »
"West Brom ready to fight to keep Jay Rodriguez"

I really do hope we can hold on to him and reject offers no matter how tempting

Source: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/05/30/west-brom-ready-to-fight-to-keep-jay-rodriguez/
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 05:48:26 PM by OldburyWBA »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #888 on: May 30, 2018, 04:03:20 PM »
"West Brom ready to fight to keep Jay Rodriguez"

Source: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/05/30/west-brom-ready-to-fight-to-keep-jay-rodriguez/

Hopefully we can keep him but if he goes for say around £15m and Rondon goes for around the same, there goes our strike force.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #889 on: May 30, 2018, 05:01:45 PM »
Hopefully we can keep him but if he goes for say around £15m and Rondon goes for around the same, there goes our strike force.
I doubt we would be able to hold onto Rondon and Jay Rod, in which case I'd go all out to hold onto Jay. Though he's also missed some sitters, he is the more clinical and natural goalscorer of the two. He probably couldn't manage the target man role like Rondon, but it's usually easier finding a target man than a natural goalscorer. It's also clear that Jay Rod sits well and is highly regarded within the group.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #890 on: May 30, 2018, 05:39:42 PM »
Would that be the strike force that got us relegated?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #891 on: May 30, 2018, 05:46:20 PM »

I think there was a little bit more to it than a strike force to be honest, don't you think?   ;)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #892 on: May 30, 2018, 06:31:37 PM »

So are you blaming 2 players for getting us relegated then?

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #893 on: May 30, 2018, 07:32:44 PM »
Anything over £15m and we bite their hands off.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #894 on: May 30, 2018, 08:25:39 PM »
Anything over £15m and we bite their hands off.
b,ham mail reckon it's understood that he's in talks with Burnley about a £20m transfer.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #895 on: May 30, 2018, 09:04:03 PM »
b,ham mail reckon it's understood that he's in talks with Burnley about a £20m transfer.

Don't the clubs have to agree a fee first, not sure that we have.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #896 on: May 30, 2018, 09:24:57 PM »
Ultimately, if players want to go then they'll go one way or another. I don't know whether Rodriguez wants to go or not, but they rarely turn down the opportunity to play in the Premier League, along with the much higher wages it commands. Footballers' careers are short and they will look to maximise the income they get for the benefit of themselves and their families.

I'm also sure we won't be turning down tempting offers.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #897 on: May 30, 2018, 09:27:23 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me if he returned to Burnley, he's from the area and well thought of by them up there so playing for them in the Prem would be a dream come true for him
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #898 on: May 30, 2018, 10:02:40 PM »
If 20mil  is the real amount then I would let him go in a heartbeat. I love his desire and passion for the game but right now an 8mil profit along with some other sales could help shape a decent balanced team, something we haven't had for many years.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #899 on: May 30, 2018, 11:44:41 PM »
Rumours going round that he's happy to stay at club, but if we get a silly offer north of 25 million I'd take it and invest in first team