Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 363258 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #725 on: February 10, 2018, 01:00:34 PM »
Well obviously not

Not that obvious is it?
JRods held his nose and looked in Bongs direction and been accused of being racist.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Xpresso

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #726 on: February 10, 2018, 02:21:21 PM »
Looking at Bong's tweets about this incident, he clearly has poor command of the English launguage. His tweets make little sense. As like as not he has misheard/misunderstood what was said to him and you would think someone, his manager maybe, would be taking some sense into him. Clearly, that's not happening.

I see there's been a great outpouring of support for Jay by Southampton fans, somewhat in contrast to some here who want him sacked.

Scruffy Stan

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #727 on: February 10, 2018, 03:17:32 PM »
Haven't seen anyone on here wanting him sacked unless he's done something to deserve it.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #728 on: February 10, 2018, 04:07:32 PM »
This affair is ridiculous, one man’s word against another; just accept it as match banter. Bong needs to grow up and not behave like a pathetic crybaby.

Yes!. It's supposedly a mans game but the snowflakes are taking over.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #729 on: February 10, 2018, 08:30:29 PM »

Yes because you are linking a negative connotation to race. How do people not know this? 3rd or 4th post I've seen along these lines.
I'm sure there was a case recently where a black man had felt racially abused because someone made a joke about him having a bid dick because he was black...?

Is the film white men cant jump ok?

The guy in recruitment at West Ham got sacked for saying African players can be disruptive, the same week Algerian Mahrez went awol

Where  does it end?

If jrod said it, it's a police matter not for the FA to mess about with, Bong himself went on French TV talking about it, that must be wrong?., during said interview he said that "he said it to me because I am black" this indicates there was no direct racial inference more  that Bong is assuming that any comment was because of his skin colour....I think this is called paronia
The final thing is , how can the FA "charge " without evidence and if there was evidence why are the police not investigating?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #730 on: February 10, 2018, 08:40:02 PM »
I'm sure there was a case recently where a black man had felt racially abused because someone made a joke about him having a bid dick because he was black...?

The guy in recruitment at West Ham got sacked for saying African players can be disruptive, the same week Algerian Mahrez went awol

Where  does it end?

If jrod said it, it's a police matter not for the FA to mess about with, Bong himself went on French TV talking about it, that must be wrong?., during said interview he said that "he said it to me because I am black" this indicates there was no direct racial inference more  that Bong is assuming that any comment was because of his skin colour....I think this is called paronia
The final thing is , how can the FA "charge " without evidence and if there was evidence why are the police not investigating?

It hasn't aged well.

Stereotypes are stereotypes and racial stereotypes are racism. Of all football supporters I'm astonished some Albion fans fail to grasp the nuances of racial inequality and racism.

Where does it end? When racism and racists are eradicated.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #731 on: February 10, 2018, 09:04:52 PM »

It hasn't aged well.

Stereotypes are stereotypes and racial stereotypes are racism. Of all football supporters I'm astonished some Albion fans fail to grasp the nuances of racial inequality and racism.

Let me put this as best I can without being called a racist. I have a mate who I have been going to the Albion home and away with for the past 25 years who is black. Now he is getting really annoyed with people who keep claiming rasicism on his behalf and black people who play the race card when something happens they don't like, he said to me I'm black and proud if someone calls me a black whatever, they ain't wrong I am black! Like if someone calls you a fat bald white whatever that's because you are!!  His words not mine and I prefer to listen to him and his views rather than some do gooder complaining on his behalf, he doesn't like it doesn't need it and doesn't want it!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #732 on: February 10, 2018, 09:21:22 PM »

Where  does it end?

Wasn't that Lukaku and the song the Utd fans were singing about him?

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #733 on: February 10, 2018, 09:36:14 PM »
Sorry but I'm just playing devils advocate here.
If he had allegedly said to Bong 'you stink' would that be racist?
If he has just said 'you stink', there is no issue.

The issue is whether he said 'you're black'  because why bring colour into anything? That would obviously be racist.

From the video evidence we've seen, I don't think Jay used the words 'you are black' ... but we will see. He seemed visibly shocked when Bong went to the referee and claimed it.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #734 on: February 10, 2018, 11:44:59 PM »
Let me put this as best I can without being called a racist. I have a mate who I have been going to the Albion home and away with for the past 25 years who is black. Now he is getting really annoyed with people who keep claiming rasicism on his behalf and black people who play the race card when something happens they don't like, he said to me I'm black and proud if someone calls me a black whatever, they ain't wrong I am black! Like if someone calls you a fat bald white whatever that's because you are!!  His words not mine and I prefer to listen to him and his views rather than some do gooder complaining on his behalf, he doesn't like it doesn't need it and doesn't want it!

Who do you think is doing this in this instance?

An admirable stance from your mate, but many are both unwilling and unable to turn the other cheek and that is their prerogative.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #735 on: February 11, 2018, 12:18:52 AM »

An admirable stance from your mate, but many are both unwilling and unable to turn the other cheek and that is their prerogative.
I think Bong is, Rodriguez said something he didn't like and now he is being branded racist, let me just say I do not believe for one minute that Rodriguez was racist and if proved innocent Bong should be charged with slander.

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #736 on: February 11, 2018, 06:53:07 AM »

What about the woman I mentioned?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #737 on: February 11, 2018, 08:45:30 AM »

It hasn't aged well.

What about the MOBO's
Why should there be a music of black origin award in a modern progressive society, is that not racism in itself?

And just because some Albion fans have their own views or beliefs on the matter, does not mean they do not understand racism, in fact it's the whole reason for the debate....racism isn't racism just because someone says so..
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #738 on: February 11, 2018, 08:55:07 AM »
What about the MOBO's
Why should there be a music of black origin award in a modern progressive society, is that not racism in itself?

And just because some Albion fans have their own views or beliefs on the matter, does not mean they do not understand racism, in fact it's the whole reason for the debate....racism isn't racism just because someone says so..

and because an innocent comment is said to someone of a different skin colour it shouldn't be construed as racism.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #739 on: February 11, 2018, 09:55:49 AM »
What about the MOBO's

You mean like the Brit awards that celebrate British artists, the MOBO’s celebrate music not black people, mick hucknall, Jessie j and Sam smith have all won MOBO’s.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #740 on: February 11, 2018, 03:05:17 PM »
You mean like the Brit awards that celebrate British artists, the MOBO’s celebrate music not black people, mick hucknall, Jessie j and Sam smith have all won MOBO’s.
Remind me again what the acronym stands for?

And British does not determine a colour , so I think the argument is flawed.

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #741 on: February 11, 2018, 03:15:42 PM »
Music of black origin

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #742 on: February 12, 2018, 01:51:33 PM »

It hasn't aged well.

Someone asked, Is the film white men cant jump ok?

There are physiological reasons why some racial groups are better disposed to certain "performances"
You will wait a long time to see a bushman win the olympic high jump, or, ask yourself why most of the sprinters who run less than 10 seconds are of West African descent.
To deny these pre-dispositions is just plain stupid. The evidence is there for all to see in the record books.

This isn't racism its physiology. And thats from a white bloke who cannot jump !

the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #743 on: February 12, 2018, 07:51:19 PM »
Gutted for the lad not starting tonight

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #744 on: February 12, 2018, 08:39:57 PM »
Gutted for the lad not starting tonight
Got an extra two minutes of rest in.  ???
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #745 on: February 12, 2018, 08:55:53 PM »
Why's he not taken a touch with that chance? No one anywhere near him and the keeper miles away. He puts that away and we really rock Chelsea. Now we're on the back foot again and have nothing to show for our positive start.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #746 on: February 12, 2018, 08:59:50 PM »
Why's he not taken a touch with that chance? No one anywhere near him and the keeper miles away. He puts that away and we really rock Chelsea. Now we're on the back foot again and have nothing to show for our positive start.

Poor miss

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #747 on: February 12, 2018, 09:04:19 PM »
He's been a poor buy. Perception of him totally embellished by 2 pretty clear cut chances he put away in our best performance of the season.

Championship player.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #748 on: February 12, 2018, 09:35:42 PM »
He's been a poor buy. Perception of him totally embellished by 2 pretty clear cut chances he put away in our best performance of the season.

Championship player.
Never been much of a fan but he should be given a run as a forward as at Liverpool. He's not up to it just like Rondon.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 09:38:53 PM by Dexy »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #749 on: February 12, 2018, 09:41:49 PM »
what a waste of money