Author Topic: 'The Banner'  (Read 64801 times)

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

Re: 'The Banner'
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2012, 10:48:07 PM »
Firstly, I agree that it should be something specifically linked to WBA.

Secondly, if it is to get national coverage it can't be anything like ' **** off Dingles back to the Championship.'

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2012, 11:12:30 PM »
I prefer something like "Thanks Moxey and Morgan" or "You should have kept Mick".
Boing Boing

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2012, 12:00:32 AM »
'You drunk on our pitch but we shat on you twice'  :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2012, 08:30:44 AM »
I like :D

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2012, 06:23:59 PM »
Yep gets the vote from me, put next to it. "Boing Boing"... couldn't we just put p****ed and s*** We paied for it so it should be what we want

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2012, 06:43:29 PM »

I feel this is promoting they drunk on our pitch more than us beating them twice.

JBullyWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2012, 07:11:47 PM »
Yep gets the vote from me, put next to it. "Boing Boing"... couldn't we just put p****ed and s*** We paied for it so it should be what we want

We won't get T.V coverage that way, keep it clean, tongue in cheek humour and the media will lap it up hopefully.

nick_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2012, 07:16:37 PM »
Still think a simple BYE BYE WO1VE5! BOING BOING! is the best

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2012, 11:05:37 AM »
I see the Birmingham mail have made it known to all
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

baggie_1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2012, 11:22:08 AM »
http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/west-bromwich-albion-fc-news/2012/04/20/west-brom-fans-reveal-plans-to-fly-taunting-banner-over-wolves-ground-97319-30801766/

MISCHIEVOUS West Bromwich Albion supporters are funding the £700 cost of an aircraft to fly a banner over the Molineux home of arch-rivals Wolves.

Albion fans want to taunt Wolves followers with the aerial banner, containing jibes about the club’s probable relegation from the Premier League.

The stunt has been dreamed up by followers of Baggies fans’ website WestBrom.com and several hundred pounds have already been collected towards the cost of the cheeky gesture.

It is planned to fly the banner over Molineux during the May 6 clash with Everton or during the away match at Wigan’s DW Stadium a week later.

Organisers have not yet decided what the banner’s wording will be, but Baggies’ fans want to remind their Black Country rivals about the 5-1 demolition of Wolves earlier this season and their likely drop into the Championship, which could be sealed before the fly-past.

One of the fans behind the stunt said: “There should not be problems with airspace so it’s likely we will go ahead.”

Most suggestions want the phrase ‘Boing Boing’ on the banner in an attempt to have the stunt included on TV coverage of the chosen match.

Many Wolves fans are infuriated by the plan, but some have applauded the stunt.

DevonWolf, on Molineux Mix, posted: “They’re just saying it as it is. I hope it’s not just the fans that see this. Let’s hope the future’s better than the past.”

Junglee, on the same forum, said: “Fair play to them I say. I was thinking the same thing if they get relegated. Adds new spice to the rivalry.”

But Blakemorewolf wrote: “We will get our own back,” while other fans questioned if the stunt was legal.

Some Baggies fans have also suggested the banner be flown over Villa Park where Tottenham Hotspur are the visitors if a May 6 date is chosen.

A West Midlands Police spokesman said the force was aware of the stunt. “We would not be able to stop it but it would be part of our matchday operation,” he added.

Read More http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/west-bromwich-albion-fc-news/2012/04/20/west-brom-fans-reveal-plans-to-fly-taunting-banner-over-wolves-ground-97319-30801766/#ixzz1sZhINRrg
AND ITS 5 FOR THE BAGGIES...BOING BOING TAKE THAT

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

'The Banner'
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2012, 11:37:28 AM »
Nice to hear the police can't stop it. Bad to hear its not going to be much of a surprise now :(
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

Yam Yam Baggie

« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2012, 11:40:29 AM »
Great, need to get it sorted now though asap !!

DJ EmmJee

• WBA Manager

« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2012, 12:25:16 PM »
Only just caught up with this.

Now it's out into the press, the entire humour and surprise element of it will have disappeared.

Who sent the story to the Brum Mail?
Thou shalt not maketh jokes. This used to be the best board, I'd ever been on.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2012, 12:28:46 PM »
Only just caught up with this.

Now it's out into the press, the entire humour and surprise element of it will have disappeared.

Who sent the story to the Brum Mail?

No-one to be fair, looks like they saw the thread.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

DJ EmmJee

• WBA Manager

« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2012, 12:36:33 PM »
Well I'd suggest the main biff behind this gets in touch with the Mail and requests that they remove the story.

Mind, will be too late now anyway.

FWIW, sounded like a great p**-take idea, but I fear it won't have the same effect now. Now it will be like "Oh, look, there's that banner flying over us that we read about" rather than actually taking the pee out of them.

Sorry, don't mean to put a dampener on it! Top marks to the guys concerned, was a brilliant plan. But it would appear the Brum Mail have spoiled the surprise.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2012, 12:46:06 PM »
Well I'd suggest the main biff behind this gets in touch with the Mail and requests that they remove the story.

Mind, will be too late now anyway.

FWIW, sounded like a great p**-take idea, but I fear it won't have the same effect now. Now it will be like "Oh, look, there's that banner flying over us that we read about" rather than actually taking the pee out of them.

Sorry, don't mean to put a dampener on it! Top marks to the guys concerned, was a brilliant plan. But it would appear the Brum Mail have spoiled the surprise.

It's going to be redirected to Villa park for their relegation game, you heard it here first  ;)

But you are right though, it has ruined the surprise element.

However, will it look even worse for it being in the paper and then not going ahead with it?

DJ EmmJee

• WBA Manager

« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2012, 12:53:49 PM »
Why not purchase a page in the Wolves programme with a smug message on it?!  :D

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2012, 01:01:33 PM »
I think Mart should now head this up, he is perfect as he has expirience in the smooth running of this type of thing.

Can i suggest the banner says "BO NG B ING"
I only go for the beer.

DJ EmmJee

• WBA Manager

« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2012, 01:06:30 PM »
I think Mart should now head this up, he is perfect as he has expirience in the smooth running of this type of thing.

It's "ng Bo" FFS

baggie_1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2012, 03:03:10 PM »

agree
AND ITS 5 FOR THE BAGGIES...BOING BOING TAKE THAT

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2012, 05:07:24 PM »
The Birmingham Mail requested an interview with us regarding the banner, we turned this down but they ran the story anyway  :o not & their quotes were taken from post's off the forum.

Have they spoiled the surprise element? Probably!

Will it stop it (or something similar) happening? yeah right  ;)

I've spoken to West Midlands & Greater Manchester Police & well.....lets just say, keep the donations coming.  ;)

I've been contacted by a Stoke fan who just happens to be a pilot & he's offered me a flying lesson anywhere in the country, Staffordshire, South Wales, Manchester or A N other  8)
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2012, 05:09:10 PM »
Doesn't make much of a difference being in the mail or not, infact it helps as we may get more donations.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2012, 06:22:37 PM »
My wording suggestion would be "Cheerio Wo1ve5 - love Sandwell x" ;D

I'll be donating next week when I get paid.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2012, 06:27:28 PM »
Taken from Molinuexmix:

Today, 16:37
sedgwolf1980 
Just doesn't shut up

God i $$$$ing hate these $$$$$s. Main thing that winds me up about them is they are just so sly and snidy, never actually have the balls to say anything to your face.

Reminds me of back in the blow up season, i had just got back home from Hillsborough totally distraught. Was getting changed upstairs when i look out the window and see some $$$$ fan from down the road, the type who never go to games but spend their lives decked out in replica kits. The little nerd had created a home made poster saying Boing Boing, or something similar, and was just taping it to the garage of the chap who lived opposite me.

Like myself this chap was a home and away ST holder and had also been to Sheff Weds that day, whilst this albion prat sat at home jerking off to pics of Frank Skinner whilst listening to the game on WM.

I was so incensed that, wearing just my boxers, i ran out into the street and told this pleb in no uncertain terms that he either takes the poster down or i would rip his $$$$ing head off. Suffice to say the poster didnt last long.

A year later on the way back from Cardiff i pulled up outside his house, climbed out the sun roof and waved my Wolves flag whilst my brother held the car horn down. I could see him peeking out the windows like the sly little coward he was.

They are just a complete bunch of pussies the lot of them. As i say, i have got absoluetly no problem with banter, but what a pathetic, cowardly stunt to pull. $$$$$$s.

Hahaha...I couldn't care less about it being in the evening mail as long as it keeps winding the inbreds up like this.

Donation sent!

All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2012, 06:28:18 PM »
My wording suggestion would be "Cheerio Wo1ve5 - love Sandwell x" ;D

I'll be donating next week when I get paid.

Love it.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak