Author Topic: Gareth Barry retires  (Read 187114 times)

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Gareth Barry
« Reply #500 on: December 27, 2018, 08:23:54 AM »
One of many baffling decisions from our management team this season.

Barry was absolutely superb. Full of energy as well which just confirms that he needed a run of games to get into the swing of it. Head and shoulders above anyone else today.

Not just our current management team but many before. Maybe offer some credit to Moore for relegating Brunt to fourth choice centre mid - no it’s easier to throw in the odd jibe at Moore isn’t it.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #501 on: December 27, 2018, 08:45:42 AM »
Superb. I didn’t want any of the taxi four to ever play again. Add to that the abuse Phillips took last season and now two of the taxi gate and Phillips are absolutely essential. In the end if a player performs he has all the power in the world. Bit like He-Man.
Pulis = Skeletaur?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #502 on: December 27, 2018, 11:12:50 AM »
From memory he wasn't fully fit at the start of the season and then had to contend with the loss of his brother before a knock in training further delayed his availability. Glad to have him back in the line-up, he's looked very good since his return. Game time may need to be managed over the next few fixtures to keep him fresh once points are in the bag though. He was coolness personified yesterday.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 11:36:01 AM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #503 on: December 27, 2018, 11:19:50 AM »
Thought he was class yesterday and protected back four really well.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #504 on: December 27, 2018, 12:23:48 PM »
I think a way to describe his performance yesterday would be imperious very Beckenbauer like
(young 'uns ask yeah dad's)
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #505 on: December 27, 2018, 07:37:20 PM »
I'm still not happy having him in the team following the taxi theft, but all I keep thinking when I see him do well is 'where the hell was this last season when we needed it?'.

Probably because he's in the last year of his deal, and wants another year.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #506 on: December 27, 2018, 07:40:36 PM »
I'm still not happy having him in the team following the taxi theft, but all I keep thinking when I see him do well is 'where the hell was this last season when we needed it?'.

Probably because he's in the last year of his deal, and wants another year.

Or because this league is way down on quality in comparison to the Premier League
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #507 on: December 27, 2018, 07:47:29 PM »
Or because this league is way down on quality in comparison to the Premier League

Spot on.

Barry has been excellent since his return to the side... As was Morrison before him.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #508 on: December 27, 2018, 07:59:37 PM »

Probably that, tbh.

Whichever division we're in come the end of the season, we should shake hands and move on.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #509 on: December 27, 2018, 08:01:45 PM »

If Barry wants to continue his career it's in his interest to stay at this level as he looks a cut above. Even without the legs to get about he's able to dictate play. He was beginning to struggle in the prem hence why he came to us. On promotion it could be suggested he should be released (if we got promotion)
O Albion we love you

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #510 on: January 10, 2019, 04:46:32 PM »
Player of the Month for December. Well deserved!

"It's always nice to be recognised for performances, and even better when the team is winning off the back of them."

Gareth Barry on being the @Coral Player of the Month, aiming to kickstart another unbeaten run and Norwich.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #511 on: January 12, 2019, 06:22:37 PM »
Why did it take 3 months approx for Barry to be a regular starter?
It's not good enough and one of the reasons we are no higher than 4th.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #512 on: January 12, 2019, 06:23:51 PM »
Why did it take 3 months approx for Barry to be a regular starter?
It's not good enough and one of the reasons we are no higher than 4th.

One of many questions I would have if I sat down with Darren, none of which he would provide satisfactory answers to.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #513 on: January 12, 2019, 06:27:39 PM »
Strange isn't it, about a year ago we wanted to call a taxi for him........

I thought he was class today, won every challenge until the 68th when he got turned by pukka pie, other than that, faultless. Just oozes class even though his legs are on the wane.
MAGA!

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #514 on: January 12, 2019, 06:35:32 PM »
One of many questions I would have if I sat down with Darren, none of which he would provide satisfactory answers to.

Why would you listen to his answers - your mind is made up already. So dull.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #515 on: January 12, 2019, 06:40:35 PM »
Why would you listen to his answers - your mind is made up already. So dull.

Darren's press conferences? Agreed

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #516 on: January 12, 2019, 06:42:12 PM »
Darren's press conferences? Agreed

He is very Ron Manager isn't he?  ;D
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #517 on: January 12, 2019, 06:45:03 PM »
Played well again today, but lucky to stay on imo.

If that Norwich player fallen when pulled by him it would have definitely been a a second yellow.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #518 on: January 12, 2019, 07:17:02 PM »
No one wanted him in the club never mind the team. The issue of Barry coming in later than he should have and doing well is DEFINITELY with the benefit of hindsight.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #519 on: January 12, 2019, 07:20:20 PM »
Played well again today, but lucky to stay on imo.

If that Norwich player fallen when pulled by him it would have definitely been a a second yellow.

Yep I agree. Thankfully we got away with that. Losing him is the last thing we need right now.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #520 on: January 12, 2019, 08:33:01 PM »
Not everyone wanted him out, the bloke is a class act and perfect for someone like Harper or Field to be looking up to.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #521 on: January 12, 2019, 09:17:51 PM »

We should not concern ourselves about, were and how to play him. Just kick him and the other 3 OUT. Should never wear the shirt again.

Barry can naughty word off along with the rest of the cab 4. Yeah maybe you can forgive them if they performed on the pitch but they haven't. Get rid of them all.
Over the hill. Should never be in our first team squad again
Don't want him near the team again. His clapping of the fans was over the top and clear sarcasm, and it riled those around me in the East Stand.
Get this w@nker out of my club
That he started to sarcastically applaud the fans when he was taken off just epitomises his rotten attitude, you’d think he’d want to display a bit of humility and contrition after the last couple of weeks.  That was straight out of his good friend Lee Hendrie’s handbook on how to win friends and influence people, utter pillock and all while Sam Field watches on from the stands.  Pardew should go and Barry should never play for the club again.
Never want to see him play again. Disgrace.
If this toss*e ever plays for us again it shows how disconnected Pardew is from the supporters (and from reality).
Should not play for us again.His sarcastic clapping at our deserved booing was more infuriating than his original indiscretionsHe'a also well past it.
He simply shouldn't have played the last two games . Hopefully he doesn't play for us again , ever.
Cares not one jot for this club, shameless in his disrespect on and off the pitch.
The fact is he is too slow and not interested in us. He should not play for us again.
The cheek of him to sarcastically applaud the fans today after the shocker of a performance and what went on in Spain. Hope he never plays for us again
Both he and Phillips were a disgrace today, I sincerely hope I never see them play another match for us. Evans wasn't far behind, they couldn't care less. **** the lot of em.
He was an absolute disgrace to the shirt today and frankly I hope he never plays for us again. Especially in the context of the taxi incident recently you'd think he'd want to prove a point, not melt away.
The first question any prospective new manager gets asked should be "will you start Gareth Barry", if the answers yes we know they're not for us. Dreadful signing who is well past it. If you're going to play him you need 3 in the middle to cover the fact he has no legs, but he's not good enough to justify building the team round either. He's pretty indicative of our sorry lazy recruitment policy of the past few years that puts experience (in both managers and playing staff) over quality.
He needs to get removed from matchday squads now. All he does is double the workload of the person alongside him. A truly awful signing. Townsend-esque.
Whether these clowns are charged or not is purely hypothetical. There are some questions that need answering in any case and there really is no excuse for what has happened (if it has happened as reported)1. What were you doing out anyway even until midnight? I would include Pardew in that question as to allowing it to happen.2. Do you have a watch. Why did you think you could do this anyway?3. What explanation will you give to wives and girlfriends?4. Do you really think so little of this club that you could do such a thing?5. Are you sorry? Sorry for doing it or sorry it's come out?6. How quick can you pack your bags?
Can he be sacked for gross misconduct.
The sooner he has gone the better. Pardew's persistence in picking him over Sam Field even after the Spanish episode is disgusting and an insult to us as supporters.
Barry appears to be a drink driving thief - should have been nowhere near our team on Saturday.

Pretty unanimous, and that's before looking at some pre-season comments.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #522 on: January 12, 2019, 09:22:49 PM »
Not sure why people go trawling through old posts to try and prove a point and to be honest 21 people out of even now at his lowest hundreds who use the site is not unanimous

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #523 on: January 12, 2019, 09:26:21 PM »
Not sure why people go trawling through old posts to try and prove a point and to be honest 21 people out of even now at his lowest hundreds who use the site is not unanimous

The point is, the much derided Gareth Barry not being picked in midfield at the start of the season is not a stick to beat Moore with using the benefit of hindsight.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #524 on: January 12, 2019, 09:40:11 PM »

The point is, the much derided Gareth Barry not being picked in midfield at the start of the season is not a stick to beat Moore with using the benefit of hindsight.
Jacko you did say unanimous, if you can make 21 a majority then your calling is here
#brexit 😀
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..