Author Topic: Kyle Bartley  (Read 228263 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Kyle Bartley
« Reply #1150 on: November 14, 2022, 07:02:23 PM »
KB did get a yellow for time wasting on Saturday, but IMO it was a bit harsh, he walked away from the ball, leaving Alex Palmer to take the free kick.

Cheers for that. I can honestly say I never even noticed. And to think, some people appear to think I've got an agenda against Kyle and here was me sticking up for him. I hope you were all sitting comfortably  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1151 on: November 14, 2022, 07:06:49 PM »
KB did get a yellow for time wasting on Saturday, but IMO it was a bit harsh, he walked away from the ball, leaving Alex Palmer to take the free kick.

Yeah i saw that, also agree it was pretty harsh on him.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1152 on: November 15, 2022, 12:39:41 AM »
Only record of an Albion booking I can find went to Conor Townsend in 91st minute for time wasting. Don't mean to be a pain but could anyone direct me to anything that says Kyle Bartley got booked please? Intrigued now  ;D .

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1153 on: November 15, 2022, 05:58:32 AM »
Only record of an Albion booking I can find went to Conor Townsend in 91st minute for time wasting. Don't mean to be a pain but could anyone direct me to anything that says Kyle Bartley got booked please? Intrigued now  ;D .
Maybe 82 will know?  ;)
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1154 on: November 15, 2022, 07:36:14 AM »
he will never be an albion legend, get rid when the time comes
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1155 on: November 15, 2022, 08:29:39 AM »

Yeah i saw that, also agree it was pretty harsh on him.

Yep, Bartley definitely got shown a yellow for time wasting. It was our free kick when Gayle was offside, Bartley goes to take it then walks away, leaving it for Palmer and the ref got the card out.

I've just watched it back on the full match replay it's in the 62 minute (116.48 on the time bar at the bottom of the screen).

As SmethDan says though reports are showing only Townsend getting a yellow.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1156 on: November 15, 2022, 08:33:29 AM »
Nice one and thank you.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1157 on: December 08, 2022, 09:04:28 AM »
Nominated for Skybet Championship player of the month for November. Well done Kyle.

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/kyle-bartley-novembers-sky-bet-championship-player-month

"Kyle Bartley has been nominated for November’s Sky Bet Championship Player of the Month award following a series of impressive displays.

The defender played every minute in the month, helping Albion to three successive league victories and clean sheets against Blackpool, QPR and Stoke City.

As well as providing solid security at the back, Bartley also popped up with two big headers at the other end of the pitch.

The 31-year-old powered in the only goal of the game down at Loftus Road on a day where his dominant performance earned him the Man of the Match award.

He would then go on to set Albion on their way the following Saturday against the Potters, scoring the first of two goals that particular afternoon.

Bartley faces competition from Middlesbrough striker Chuba Akpom, Sunderland attacker Amad Diallo and Coventry City striker Viktor Gyokeres.

The winner will be announced at 6am on Friday, December 9.

The judging panel for the Sky Bet Player of the Month award includes Don Goodman, EFL Chief Executive Trevor Birch and Sky Bet EFL trader Ivor Davies. "

Still need to let go and replace him at the end of the season though.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OhBilics

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1158 on: December 08, 2022, 01:11:59 PM »
Nominated for Skybet Championship player of the month for November. Well done Kyle.
The judging panel for the Sky Bet Player of the Month award includes Don Goodman"
I'm unsure if this means Kyle will win or not... Is there an "automatic downturn" aspect to this award, like the "manager of the month"?
#BOGOLO

PHP developer for hire. Apply within.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1159 on: December 09, 2022, 10:04:39 AM »
Contract extended to end of 2024 due to triggering appearance clause.

I thought this current year was an extension already?

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/bartley-contract-extension-clause-activated?fbclid=IwAR0h5gRtlKyHEblL2i3unR0hqe9ObjQKRjEFYejVvIXlnRo_3KHJzTgehj8

EDIT - He will be 33 by time we can get rid. Wonder if performances will revert to earlier this season levels now he's secure.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 10:07:55 AM by gazberg »

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1160 on: December 09, 2022, 10:10:33 AM »
Contract extended to end of 2024 due to triggering appearance clause.

I thought this current year was an extension already?

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/bartley-contract-extension-clause-activated?fbclid=IwAR0h5gRtlKyHEblL2i3unR0hqe9ObjQKRjEFYejVvIXlnRo_3KHJzTgehj8

EDIT - He will be 33 by time we can get rid. Wonder if performances will revert to earlier this season levels now he's secure.
Two or three good performances dont change the fact he is not what we need long term, bad bad bad decision in my eyes, no doubt Jake will follow now!  :'(
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1161 on: December 09, 2022, 10:11:34 AM »
Oh for the love of God.

Whoever handed out these contracts wants shooting.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1162 on: December 09, 2022, 10:11:56 AM »
Two or three good performances dont change the fact he is not what we need long term, bad bad bad decision in my eyes, no doubt Jake will follow now!  :'(

He only signed his current deal 4 months ago now he's activated a trigger clause  ;D

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1163 on: December 09, 2022, 10:13:16 AM »
He only signed his current deal 4 months ago now he's activated a trigger clause  ;D
Words fail me......
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1164 on: December 09, 2022, 10:13:31 AM »
I was literally enjoying not havign to think about Lai and his minions watching the WC and was kind of dreading EFL resuming but i thought "no, that's harsh" and then this slab of incompetence is dropped on us.

Is this Gourlay doing?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1165 on: December 09, 2022, 10:14:01 AM »

Jack Thrust

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1166 on: December 09, 2022, 10:44:31 AM »
It's not the end of the world I don't think, he is a perfectly decent championship defender IF he's used in the correct way, our problem is a succession of coaches that just haven't done that, and Bartley isn't the only one to suffer for it. I trust corberan to use him correctly.

The only problem will come when corberan is poached by someone else and we get in another boring journeyman manager who starts Bartley every game because of his "experience at this level" but we'll worry about that when we come to it  :D
Astle is the King

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1167 on: December 09, 2022, 10:52:24 AM »
This will come back to bite us of that there is no doubt. At this rate I doubt we will be no further forward when it comes to getting rid of the long standing issues at the end of the season .

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1168 on: December 09, 2022, 11:24:15 AM »
I was literally enjoying not havign to think about Lai and his minions watching the WC and was kind of dreading EFL resuming but i thought "no, that's harsh" and then this slab of incompetence is dropped on us.

Is this Gourlay doing?

Are you suggesting that Gourlay has over-ridden CC?
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1169 on: December 09, 2022, 11:45:45 AM »
Ultimately, it’s whoever it was that made the decision to hand contracts to Bartley and Phillips last summer as they entered the final years of their existing deals. To make Bartley’s a 2+1 in favour of the player and not the club was sheer stupidity. I wonder if we’ll find out this time next season that Phillips has a 3+1 in his favour. Lunacy

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1170 on: December 09, 2022, 11:48:11 AM »
Are you suggesting that Gourlay has over-ridden CC?

I'm not suggesting anything. CC wasn't here when this new contract was given to Bartley.

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1171 on: December 09, 2022, 12:21:59 PM »
I would like to know how many appearances triggered the new contract.  His contract was extended last season for this year, so I presume the appearance based extension would be from this season.  It must therefore have been a low number of appearances since he hasn't been involved much this season.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1172 on: December 09, 2022, 12:27:59 PM »
I'm not suggesting anything. CC wasn't here when this new contract was given to Bartley.

Sorry, thought it was a new contract, as opposed to a conditional contract extention.

Never the less, since Dowling left, I believe arbitration on football related decisions is down to the Manager/Head Coach.

I agree with you that Lai's "tinkering" with club funds has caused severe constraints particularly on player recruitment, but I'm not sure I'd call Gourlay incompetent.
I believe he's doing what he can with available funds.

If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1173 on: December 09, 2022, 12:30:22 PM »
I would like to know how many appearances triggered the new contract.  His contract was extended last season for this year, so I presume the appearance based extension would be from this season.  It must therefore have been a low number of appearances since he hasn't been involved much this season.

It can only be the number of appearances made this season which is 9 in all competitions. His deal expired at end of last season so can't even blame Dowling for it.

4 months ago someone here on good money handed him a new 1 year deal with another years option in the players favour based on making 9 appearances in a season. Insanity.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1174 on: December 09, 2022, 12:32:58 PM »
Sorry, thought it was a new contract, as opposed to a conditional contract extention.

Never the less, since Dowling left, I believe arbitration on football related decisions is down to the Manager/Head Coach.

I agree with you that Lai's "tinkering" with club funds has caused severe constraints particularly on player recruitment, but I'm not sure I'd call Gourlay incompetent.
I believe he's doing what he can with available funds.

I understand he is limited with funds but that's why there should be extra care when awarding contracts and offering someone a years extension based on making 9 appearances does not help. Especially someone in their 30's.

I mentioned Gourlay because he claimed credit for the signings of Swift, Wallace etc along with Bruce and this contract was given at start of season so to me it instinctively made me cast my gaze on him.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 01:22:09 PM by gazberg »