Author Topic: Ex Players Thread  (Read 426346 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Ex Players Thread
« Reply #1825 on: February 13, 2024, 07:18:05 PM »
Darren Moore back in management with Port Vale
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1826 on: February 14, 2024, 09:13:43 AM »
Darren Moore back in management with Port Vale......

....... on a five and a half year contract.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1827 on: February 14, 2024, 01:21:27 PM »
....... on a five and a half year contract.

Gary Rowett made an interesting point on length of contracts on TV last night, apparently a 5 1/2 year contract can have a 6 month (or any length) severance clause within it, limiting what payment liability exists.

The length of the contract can be largely immaterial apparently.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1828 on: February 14, 2024, 02:50:42 PM »
Gary Rowett made an interesting point on length of contracts on TV last night, apparently a 5 1/2 year contract can have a 6 month (or any length) severance clause within it, limiting what payment liability exists.

The length of the contract can be largely immaterial apparently.

Yes, that is what Mike Ashley did with Alan Pardew at Newcastle years back. Many were shocked at the time that he'd been given a 7 year deal when in reality it wasn't that simple.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1829 on: February 15, 2024, 09:30:58 AM »
Jack Fitzwater on the effects of Ulcerative Colitis......

"I was going to the toilet between 20-30 times a day. It was embarrassing and difficult from a mental and physical side. I was thinking to myself deep down, am I going to have to quit football?"

On the pitch, footballer Jack Fitzwater appeared to be at the peak of health and fitness, making more than 100 appearances for Scottish Premiership side Livingston between 2020 and 2023 before joining Exeter City last summer.

But off the pitch, the 26-year-old defender was suffering with an intolerable health issue that was affecting every aspect of his life.

"It started with having an urgency to go to the toilet," he told BBC Sport. "I thought it might be something I'd eaten or maybe I was lacking in iron.

"I made loads of excuses up to myself and hid it from everyone. Every time I went out, I'd be thinking about where the nearest toilet was in case I had the urgency to go.

"Every time I went to the toilet, there was blood in it. After matches, I was finding that my recovery was taking longer; I was tired all the time, no matter how much sleep I got."

Fitzwater was able to mask his symptoms, but only for so long. It was during a family holiday in Ibiza last summer that he reached breaking point.

Fitzwater added: "I knew of the word Crohn's but not colitis, so then I went on Instagram and Twitter to check out what it was.

"You think it's the end of the world at the time. But then when you know there's medication that can help you, you feel better about it."

Ulcerative colitis can develop at any age but is most often diagnosed in people aged between 15 and 25 years old.

Fitzwater was put on medication which he says has made him feel better than ever before.

Since joining League One side Exeter in September, he says the club, the manager and the players have given him their full support. He also decided to post on his private social media account in December to coincide with Crohn's and Colitis Awareness Week and tell people about his diagnosis.

"The reaction to my post was great. About four or five people got back to me after the post, saying 'I've been struggling with this for years', or 'I've been having similar symptoms and I'm going to go and see a GP'.

"So I thought on that small reach, if I actually publicly say 'I'm a footballer. We are normal humans. We have day-to-day problems and vulnerabilities' then people might think, 'You know what, if he can do it and speak to a doctor, so can I'."

Fitzwater has also become a member of Crohn's and Colitis UK, who have given him a special card and a master key which allows him to access more than 9,000 locked public toilets.

"Because it's a hidden disability and people see a young, fit, healthy man using disabled toilets, they might give me a strange look," said Fitzwater.

"But little things like the card and the key are massive for the community that I'm now a part of."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68227102

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1830 on: February 15, 2024, 01:49:31 PM »
I was diagnosed with UC in December, it is a horrible, horrible disease. Makes me realize just how disgusting the old Darren Fletcher chants from opposing fans were.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1831 on: February 15, 2024, 02:51:19 PM »
Not an ex-player, but an ex-manager. Roy Hodgson has been taken ill during training at Crystal Palace. Hope he gets well soon.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1832 on: February 15, 2024, 03:32:32 PM »
Not an ex-player, but an ex-manager. Roy Hodgson has been taken ill during training at Crystal Palace. Hope he gets well soon.

Hope he is ok, it's probably an indicator that he should retire. Aside from his health, I think he was on a hiding to nothing this season with the lack of summer signings in a stale team/losing Zaha. It's unsurprising they're struggling.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1833 on: February 15, 2024, 08:23:32 PM »
get well soon Roy, put your feet up mucka
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1834 on: February 17, 2024, 08:02:13 PM »
Dwight Gayle expected to sign for L1 Derby

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1835 on: February 22, 2024, 04:57:55 PM »
Paul Bradshaw has died at the age of 67

Only really a back up keeper here but played many times for the Wolves.

Remember seeing him when he retired and he was a security guard in Sainsburys in Wolverhampton, big bloke.

RIP

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1836 on: February 22, 2024, 05:31:18 PM »
I saw Paul Bradshaw play several games for Newport County which was between his 2 spells with Albion. He was very good for County, frequently rescuing one on one situations. RIP

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1837 on: February 25, 2024, 08:58:22 PM »
Jason Koumas's son on the bench today for Liverpool. I feel old  :o

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1838 on: March 03, 2024, 01:57:16 PM »
Thinking about it, the money we received for O’Shea was not bad at all considering how little we have missed him and how poor he had been for Burnley
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1839 on: March 03, 2024, 02:04:02 PM »
Thinking about it, the money we received for O’Shea was not bad at all considering how little we have missed him and how poor he had been for Burnley

Has he been bad then? Honestly not followed him since he left.

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1840 on: March 03, 2024, 02:46:35 PM »
Has he been bad then? Honestly not followed him since he left.

Look at their position and goals conceded, it’s pretty bad. But yeah the Burnley fans don’t rate him at all.
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1841 on: March 09, 2024, 02:41:10 PM »
Rayhaan Tulloch has signed for Shrewsbury town until the end of the season.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1842 on: March 14, 2024, 12:23:58 PM »
Not a player but Pepe Mel has been appointment manager of Almeria, they haven’t won a game yet this season  :o :o
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1843 on: March 26, 2024, 12:01:37 PM »
Great Beeb article about our "Welsh" wizard Dick Krzywicki;
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68661961

bournemouth baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1844 on: March 26, 2024, 03:59:50 PM »
Interesting article
The only time I saw Dick play for us was alongside Percy Freeman and Phil Neale of WCCC when we beat Graham Taylor's Lincoln 3-2 in the FA Cup. I seem to remember, in that game, a very young Bryan Robson scoring a cracker playing at left back

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1845 on: April 15, 2024, 12:30:08 AM »
I did read somewhere can't seem to find  the article now that Gabriel Tamas was 1 still playing back in Romania and 2 had been sacked for turning up hungover, he was then reappointed as technical director a video I just watched mentions it skip to 28 minutes 17 seconds in for Gabriel
https://youtu.be/Qu4wsowv06Y?si=WEobDb-vxHyXpzfS
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1846 on: April 19, 2024, 02:03:12 PM »
For the Pereira lovers he's done an interview where he said he became depressed after moving to Al-Hilal and wanted to kill himself and promised himself he wouldn't fulfill his contract there until Cruzeiro came in and saved him basically

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1847 on: April 19, 2024, 02:20:50 PM »
For the Pereira lovers he's done an interview where he said he became depressed after moving to Al-Hilal and wanted to kill himself and promised himself he wouldn't fulfill his contract there until Cruzeiro came in and saved him basically

About to display amazing ignorance here. I don't think I'd ever heard of Cruzeiro until I did a Google search to find out who Al-Hilal's new manager was that had come in and made him want to live life again. Not joking  :P .

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1848 on: Yesterday at 01:52:39 PM »
Just watching Derby County secure promotion, Kane Wilson playing for them, dropped down the divisions, now back in the Championship, always thought he had potential.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:55:06 PM by OldburyWBA »
Baggie in Southampton

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1849 on: Yesterday at 02:50:12 PM »
Good to see Curtis Davies get relegated to League 2 with Cheltenham
😂
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!