Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 635487 times)

GrGr

• WBA Coach

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #1525 on: January 27, 2013, 09:54:42 AM »
So how does everyone see this panning out?

I think QPR will be very clever now. They will let the dust settle for a few days then probably come back with a 3 million 'take it or leave it' offer on deadline day. It's not the figure we want but what do the club do?

I can't see any way that he can play for the club again and theres no way we can have 40k per week worth of wages training with the youth team.

Can't see anyone else wanting him after his outburst so this could get very messy.

The Olde 'damaged goods ploy' eh?

I think I'd do what I suggested above. Have some mental health experts check up on PO. Then quietly let him go in the summer. Some Turkish/Quatari/etc club will pay the same amount of a QPR lowball offer anyway. If the doctors find him sane, just fine PO for the wages this spring.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:56:25 AM by GrGr »

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1526 on: January 27, 2013, 09:57:31 AM »
Have been reading PO`s Twitter comments over the last few days.....either he is very good at pretending to have problems or as i think, he really does have problems......needs to switch his phone off , seek some serious counselling , listen to his head and heart and tell that greedy a**e of an agent to do one.....

Look at QPR yesterday, shocking team shocking performance, Rednap has no coaching skills and shouldnt be mentioned in the same breathe as ROY....

He is pimping around Europe to try and get a few players to survive...PO will be one of them and binned when the time is right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1527 on: January 27, 2013, 10:11:37 AM »
#burnthebanner.
I only go for the beer.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1528 on: January 27, 2013, 10:15:53 AM »
#burnthebanner.

Not sure if it's still in my flat that Mart had? If so I will burn it!!  ;D
Gera, Gera, Gera

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1529 on: January 27, 2013, 10:19:05 AM »
Good luck!

Click Here
Gera, Gera, Gera

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1530 on: January 27, 2013, 10:20:46 AM »
So how does everyone see this panning out?

I think QPR will be very clever now. They will let the dust settle for a few days then probably come back with a 3 million 'take it or leave it' offer on deadline day. It's not the figure we want but what do the club do?

I can't see any way that he can play for the club again and theres no way we can have 40k per week worth of wages training with the youth team.

Can't see anyone else wanting him after his outburst so this could get very messy.

i would let him train by himself and get shot of him in the summer.
We would get 3million for him then so as far as QPR are concerned they can do one.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1531 on: January 27, 2013, 10:21:09 AM »
We gave a couple of quid to get a banner. Big deal. I think he's repaid us.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1532 on: January 27, 2013, 10:22:52 AM »
We give him 40K a week, I think he owes us.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1533 on: January 27, 2013, 10:25:26 AM »
We give him 40K a week, I think he owes us.

40K a week for a top prem player is peanuts.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1534 on: January 27, 2013, 10:26:59 AM »
If we want to have him play for us again we will have to check him in at some clinic for a few weeks and say PO had a mental breakdown, put some pills in him and have a doctor give a diagnosis.

The fool doesn't realize that he is burning his bridges not only with us, but with all clubs in England. Who would possibly want a disturbed tosser like him around?

It's not only WBA fans that are watching this mental implosion with fascinated disgust.

For QPR to accept him after this shows the real depth of their desperation.

Exactly my thoughts clubs buy a player based on his character as much as his skill and this bloke needs sectioning.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1535 on: January 27, 2013, 10:28:26 AM »
40K a week for a top prem player is peanuts.
Ok then lets forgive him.  ;)
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Merbals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1536 on: January 27, 2013, 10:29:06 AM »
Got up this morning to find my 12 yo son had put his shirt carrying the tossers name in the bin!

His exact word were "Dad he never deserves to wear an Albion shirt ever again! Wish I I knew where he lived I would cycle there and give it him myself!"

I am totally and utterly disgusted by the whole thing and hope the club do everything in their power to make a stance!  Forget money this is principle that the club have to make a stance! Not just for us but for all football supporters and show that no player is above any club and its fans!

We always conduct our business in the right way and have confidence the club will do the same!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:31:56 AM by Merbals »

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1537 on: January 27, 2013, 10:35:05 AM »
The game went a long time ago. You can either accept it for what it is or you get yourself worked up about everything.

I'm a fan of the club; I just want to see us compete and do well. If we have to put up with Pete and alike so be it. If we were to have perfect morals we wouldn't be able to take part in this division.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1538 on: January 27, 2013, 10:42:57 AM »
Seeing the post on Monopoly has made me think. Why doesn't everyone wave Monopoly money at the next game? Would be better than booing him and would be a bit tongue in cheek (the club doesn't have real money to spend lol)  :-*

As a side note -
I'm aware we're by no means a poor club, but this month we've only sold and loaned players out and brought in nothing, a few injuries and we'll be screwed.

Back to Pete, even if he does go this window, I can't see us replacing him yet. It will more than likely be in the summer.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1539 on: January 27, 2013, 10:48:20 AM »
I think JP should take a tough stance here to make a stand on player contracts.  Otherwise Odemwingie has just demonstrated to everyone in football how to override a contract.

Tell QPR and anyone else who is interested, the price is £5m.  Not a penny less.  If its not met, then he stays and we sell him in the summer if somebody meets our price.

If nobody buys him in January, then he is ordered to train, knuckle down and try to perform so that he earns a move in the summer.  Yes, that means he has to face the fans now and eat humble pie.  His problem - he made his bed so he can lie in it.  If he refuses to knuckle down then he gets fined again and again.  So we either get a player who is working towards a proper exit in the summer, or we get a player who doesn't play but who doesn't cost us anything like £40k a week as its offset by those fines.  A win-win situation.

I think he is now badly damaged goods.  His actions will have put off many buyers in this country. He will now be forced abroad unless an idiot like Redknapp will pay up.

It's time that common sense prevailed in football.  Our club is built on solid prudent principles and we should take a stand to bring some much-needed sanity back to football. The stage is perfectly set for JP to play a blinder....

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1540 on: January 27, 2013, 10:50:19 AM »
or is it a tactical ploy to get people back onside ?
If he doesn't go no doubt he will be tweeting how much he loves Cadbury's World , The Bull Ring and New Street Station. ::)
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

karlos83

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1541 on: January 27, 2013, 11:02:02 AM »
As a player and for what he has done for us including goals against Wo1ve5 and Villa, i love Peter Odemwingie. However since friday at around 4:30pm the guy as really gone down hill quicker than the Villa!!

My opinion is the club need to make a stance on this one and dig their heels in (unless we get over the top money). I think if we cave (which i dont think we will) then it will set a presidence for players engineering a move away from us! We cant be seen to be a soft touch and i'm sure JP will feel th same.

The guy simply cant play for the club again, end of. So unless a big bid comes in make him sit tight, take a hit on his wages (we have budgeted for them already so no real additional cost) and cash in, in the summer at which point i'd just let him go to the highest bidder if there are any!

His outburst as shown himself up not only to fans at our club but across the world, hes made his bed..........

As for the Albion onwards and upwards! BOINGBOING
follow me on twitter @karljlatham

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1542 on: January 27, 2013, 11:02:19 AM »
I think we should keep him until the summer too.

Not playing him shouldn't make a lot of difference,we have enough points to be safe.
Why get shut of him which is what he is hoping we will do?

Lets keep him and amuse ourselves at his rants,and he can prove to the football world what a plonker he is.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1543 on: January 27, 2013, 11:05:18 AM »
I'd like to see him on the bench and bought on in a game thats already won, just so the fans can let him know how we feel about him.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1544 on: January 27, 2013, 11:06:52 AM »

So we deserve to be treated like this? Come on.
I only go for the beer.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1545 on: January 27, 2013, 11:10:59 AM »
So we deserve to be treated like this? Come on.

I see a disturbed mind ranting and raving. Why get upset?

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1546 on: January 27, 2013, 11:15:41 AM »
Twitter is a very dangerous vehicle in footballers and fans hands, neither are equipped to deal with anything other than a world without any problems or emotions, as such a world does not exist, twitter should be eradicated.

It just allows those with written diarrhea to discharge in public.
Baggie in Southampton

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1547 on: January 27, 2013, 11:20:04 AM »
If I was given 40k a week to spend most of my time injured then I think I'd end up going insane as well.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1548 on: January 27, 2013, 11:20:59 AM »
After 24 hours where i was very angry with the situation, i now find it quite amusing.

I have never witnessed such an overgrown baby, if this latest set of tweets / comments were one offs then maybe you can say he is going through a rough patch but its about the 4th or 5th time its happened in his career, there is a link somewhere to his comments when leaving one of his french clubs, he fell out in Russia (although to be fair there is some justification there, saying that though the Russian poster who came on here did warn us he wasnt Saint Pete!), he has fell out with the Nigerian FA on numerous occasions, prompting as recently as a fortnight ago Joseph Yobo to tell him to shut up and show some respect and now this. The bloke is a pathetic overgrown baby.

I know QPR are desperate but if i was Fernandez i would seriously look at things over the last 48 hours, he needs players the exact opposite of Odemwingie for theire battle, what happens if Harry plays Zamora or Remy upfront instead of him? will there be another #headsgone moment! If i was any club in the european top flights i wouldnt touch him with a barge pole, i think the fact this is the 3rd or 4th at club level its happened would suggest he is the problem, and i dont think for top flight football he is good enough to warrant the baggage he brings, he is like a poor mans Nicholas Anelka, always somebody else fault, difference is Anelka is worth the hassle, pete is isnt, when he is good he is good but they are too flitting moments to justify the baggage he brings.

I hope for football morals we make him stay and make his life hell, really make him earn his £40k a week, might be grateful then for what he has, i dont expect loyalty from footballers they look out for themselves but pretty much every transfer window he has been linked away and according to his comments he has wanted to go each one, only when he hasnt he then says he loves the club, blah, blah, blah. The problem with keeping him around is he clearly is an attention seeker and that may carry into the training ground, Dorrans is unhappy, not heard any peep off him last few weeks, got his head down and i bet he is no trouble in training. If Odemwhinger does have to stay i bet he will be a right pain the next 6 months, and why should reserves and kids be forced to have him train with them, surely he is the opposite to what you want any up and coming footballer to be.

I hope in training somebody like McAuley who has actually had to earn his way up the ladder instead of being a diva absolutely clatters him in training, not to ruin his career or anything but just to remind him that some people have had to have things the hard way (in football terms) instead of crying everytime they dont get there own way.

My over riding feeling is though i just want him gone and never want to see him in an Albion shirt again, if we sell him 2-3m so be it, whats he going to offer us now anyway? Some may say he has bullied us if we do sell him cheap, i dont think so, i think we have come out with a lot of credit, i think he has brought all the publicity to himself and anybody reading his comments can see what a idiot scumbag he is and probably think fair play to Albion just to get rid of him. QPR are in such a desperate position thats why they want him and may get him, i cannot think of any other top flight club who would take a punt on him after his actions the last 48 hours, i think he has committed career suicide, its QPR or nothing for him in England, he isnt good enough to be a Demba Ba, Anelka type who can act divas, he is a player who was great for Albion, we were great for him but i think he has gone as high as he is ever going to.

Just hope this afternoon says we have accepted a bid and the baby never has any association with our club again.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1549 on: January 27, 2013, 11:28:34 AM »
QPR will most likely try to get away with a late offer now which will inevitably be below what we're looking for. Factors we'll need to consider are:

- whether or not we want a parasitic influence at the club for the rest of the end of the season.
- whether or not we want to continue paying him £40k a week, potentially for some time if no-one comes in for him in the summer.
- what he'll be worth during the summer, especially now his pathetic outbursts have occurred.

It's hard not to conclude that what Odemwingie has done over the past few days has not only probably diminshed the wage level a new club might offer him, but also reduced the transfer fee that clubs might be willing to pay for him. Therefore, I can see him going for £3 - 3.5m, perhaps with an add-on to be paid if QPR stay up.

A difficult decision lies ahead for Mr Peace, I suspect.