Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 635643 times)

Merbals

• Youth Baggie

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #1250 on: January 26, 2013, 11:18:33 AM »
Does anyone know legally can a club force a player to go out on loan to a club if he refuses?

I never want to see him play for the club ever again and hope we play hard ball and if our valuation is not met then send him out on loan if we can to a club that can subsidise some of his wages for the rest of the season! Would love to watch the tosser getting kicked week in week out in the chumpionship!

The guy is a total and utter clown!!!  Bye bye you total two faced and disrespectful w?@ker!

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1251 on: January 26, 2013, 11:18:54 AM »
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11698/8439699/West-Brom-forward-Peter-Odemwingie-wants-to-be-allowed-to-leave-the-club
Odemwingie has responded with a long statement which read: "I'm deeply hurt and in some ways offended by the lack of reciprocal common respect from the management of West Bromwich Albion.

"During my time at the club I believe I have delivered performances, effort and goals.

"I never complained when I found out that the club failed to inform me of enquiries that might have interested me and my family in the past.

"Everyone knows how much effort and commitment I always give when I play for the club. The fans have been great with me and I will always respect them.

"Some may say I have contributed, along with all my team mates, to the survival of the club in the Premier League in recent seasons.

"At this stage of my career, this opportunity may not come around again. A new challenge, a new opportunity, and a chance to play under the stewardship of one of the most respected managers in the game (Harry Redknapp).

"I hope the management of West Bromwich Albion will accept my transfer request in the manner that I have requested it.

"West Bromwich Albion may argue that I am too vital a member of the team to allow me to leave now but I could argue that team selection so far this season has not reflected that and there is more than adequate cover for my position currently in the squad, culminating in my playing out of position.

"I have not taken this decision lightly and I would like West Bromwich Albion to accept what, in my opinion, is more than a reasonable offer from QPR for me."
The PRIDE of midlands

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1252 on: January 26, 2013, 11:20:25 AM »
Now he is forcing us to let him go,isn't he?We are better to find his replacement as soon as possible,not much time left.
The PRIDE of midlands

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1253 on: January 26, 2013, 11:31:24 AM »
Now he is forcing us to let him go,isn't he?We are better to find his replacement as soon as possible,not much time left.

Unless QPR stump up something like 7 or 8 million now, I think PO will leave in the summer. JP doesn't take kindly to being toyed with. JP won't act over emotional reasons, nor will he move on the transfer market only to bring on someone who doesn't fit the bigger picture. I doubt we will make any moves in January. What will happen is what the club said will happen, no goings, no comings... Unless QPR stump up something like....

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1254 on: January 26, 2013, 11:42:42 AM »
So he wants to play for Redknapp because he's a well respected coach!! The bloke should have been kicked out of football years ago. Odemwingie has been tapped up and will go on deadline day I reckon.

Do we have the ambition to bring someone in this month though? I'd like to think that there will be some decent players made available for loans towards the end of the window which we could look at.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1255 on: January 26, 2013, 11:45:18 AM »

No chance of replacing him in this window in my opinion. It will be hard enough to get a player of his quality in to begin with without having to pay inflated January prices.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1256 on: January 26, 2013, 11:49:02 AM »
So he wants to play for Redknapp because he's a well respected coach!! The bloke should have been kicked out of football years ago. Odemwingie has been tapped up and will go on deadline day I reckon.

Do we have the ambition to bring someone in this month though? I'd like to think that there will be some decent players made available for loans towards the end of the window which we could look at.

I would like to see someone come in over the next couple of days, but I think it will be very tough especially someone with real quality. 
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1257 on: January 26, 2013, 11:50:54 AM »
Dont let him go at any price just yet. I want him to face the fans fury.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1258 on: January 26, 2013, 11:52:13 AM »
  Very dissappointed in PO but once a player wants to leave let him go. Clarke and the club have to shoulder some of the responsibility here playing our best finisher out of position while giving too much game time to a bigger clubs future prospect.
    I'm sure he's not the only one unhappy.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1259 on: January 26, 2013, 11:55:29 AM »
  Very dissappointed in PO but once a player wants to leave let him go. Clarke and the club have to shoulder some of the responsibility here playing our best finisher out of position while giving too much game time to a bigger clubs future prospect.
    I'm sure he's not the only one unhappy.

He's not been played out of position, he's been played in a position where he has played for his previous clubs at times and also his country where he has also previously stated he is happy to do so. He may prefer to play more centrally but team/squad game and others have played out of position without any complaints.

Obviously ££££3 have suddenly made him realise he doesn't like it there anymore
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

bombersboots

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1260 on: January 26, 2013, 12:06:21 PM »
So Peters agent has told him that one last 'big money' day is on the cards at QPR??
I think were all well aware of how it's agents that control football players like odemwingie, for as eloquent as PO appears to be, PL football is all about £££.
If it were me I'd sell him on deadline day, and bring in one or two wide players with pace, as this is the role PO has been providing for us this season anyway.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1261 on: January 26, 2013, 12:18:29 PM »
He and his agent are trying to make his position untenable so that we sell him. It is a shame it is goping to end this way as it is hard to see ho he can stay now with the reception the fans will no doubt give him.

Im not going to kid myself that football has any morals nowadays. Footballers all want to move to the highest bidder, players dont respect fans, fans dont respect players at all anymore and clubs only keep players for as long as they are useful. As seen in recent weeks with how rubbish our fans have been, we do not exactly make it the most loyal place to be anymore.

I am however still disappointed in Odemwingie. Putting in a transfer request is okay but having a public slanging match with the club is not on, just to force through a move that clearly is NOT GOOD FOR THE CLUB!

QPR have offered 2 million. They are now advising him to force through a move, probably for about 3 million quid. Why would we accept that? We could sell him in the summer for 2 millio to a team like Spurs or Arsenal who need a back up forward for a small fee for a year or two.

Accepting 2 or 3 million now would not be enough. It has to be 5 million, 4.5 at athe very, very least. We simply have no benefit I selling for so cheap.

The saddest thing though is that we will struggle without him and his goals and we now need to find a replacement for the summer as he has been possibly the most key player after Olsson in recent seasons.
Boing Boing

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1262 on: January 26, 2013, 12:21:40 PM »

Maybe Pete and his agent are so clever that they can even find us a replacement for him !

They seem to think they can run our club afterall.........
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1263 on: January 26, 2013, 12:29:51 PM »
The real worry is if we let him go easily to QPR for an unremarkable price (sub£6m) then what signal does that send out to our other quality players ?
Pete, I'm sure, would be instrumental in unsettling others if he got his own way and QPR have already tried for Olsson so you wouldn't bet against them trying for the likes of Mulumbu and Morrison once Odenwingie has a chat with Arry.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1264 on: January 26, 2013, 12:40:05 PM »
Since Fulham got £6 million, potentially £7 million with add-ons for Bobby Zamora last Jan. 31st, I fully expect us to demand at the very minimum £7 million, add £2 million if QPR survive. Anything less is simply totally out of the question. PO is twice the player Zamora ever was and they are the same age at the time of transfer.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1265 on: January 26, 2013, 12:42:55 PM »
Odemwhinger even has the gall to suggest that the £2m QPR have offered is 'very reasonable'. The more I think of this situation the more I think we should demand a minimum of £6m or keep him. As other posters have said, we'd easily get £2m at the end of the season. If Odemwhinger plays up then fine him heavily - and keep on fining him until he abides by the contract he was so willing to sign.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1266 on: January 26, 2013, 12:43:20 PM »
No chance of replacing him in this window in my opinion. It will be hard enough to get a player of his quality in to begin with without having to pay inflated January prices.

We're already having to regularly play people out of position in the side slots, so this will only make it worse. If you sell for inflated prices then you sometimes also have to be prepared to pay them IMO.

Hope you enjoy the lovely London air, Peter, if that's where you end up. Any credit you built up at this club has well and truly been more than debited with your shameful antics this week.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1267 on: January 26, 2013, 12:48:11 PM »
The thing is we have some other very good players but none of them are spoken about as much as Odemwingie every window, he has agents who are sharks and they just constantly tout him about, as i said previous if he didnt like the way they do things, he is a grown man and he can stand upto them. I dont think it will affect Olsson, Long, Mulumbu, etc because i would imagine they dont feel Pete has covered himself in glory. I also think those players have perhaps playing ambitions which Odemwingie clearly hasnt.

If a player goes to a bigger and better club then good luck to them, thats the football chain but for people like Odemwingie to say what he has, instead of the truth all to force a move to bloody QPR then it shows what a pathetic morally corrupt mercenary is.

I dont think it shows a lack of ambition from our side, we let a good, not great player go, i think the first season we saw the best of him, i would of liked him to stay but dont think it will be a disaster if he doesnt, we are not a one man team. If players choose moving to QPR as a career move (not money) then i would seriously have a look at there ambitions, Olsson could of done the same two weeks ago if QPR were such a great club but didnt see him doing that.

As previous posts would state i dont usually agree with booing, especially those giving it everything they have even if they are not good enough in poor form but i hope if Odemwingie does stay his every touch is booed and jeered and every time his name is read out  he gots dogs load of abuse, i dont think for a minute it would affect the other players, they know full well that he doesnt want to be here and the methods he has gone to and what the fans reaction would be, players would respond if players / team mates are unfairly booed (which we have been guilty of) they look out for their own, Odemwingie has made it clear he isnt one of their own.

If he has the nerve to come out if he is forced to stay and say he loves the club, etc it would make me pity him even more, he must think football fans are naive and idiots we are not. I also hope if he comes back with another team, (prob wont be QPR, will of forced through his 'dream' move to Stoke in the summer or something) that our fans not only give him loads of abuse but also the players, likes of Olsson, get in his ear, tell him he is s**t, ask him what he has won, why no big club has ever wanted him, etc really get in his head because he seems such a mentally fragile  person it would put him off his game. I couldnt care less about if it upset him, by the way he has spoke in his statement, he has treated us fans as mugs by the way he has gone about things and expecting us to believe his reasons instead of telling the truth so i would treat him like a mug.

No player in Albion history has wound me up as this idiot. I would love him to read this forum and let him know what fans think of him, and so he knows he could of left with his head held high but the way he has gone about it means to me i will always look at him as a mercenary scumbag, rather than the bloke who played a part in us being the best team of my time watching Albion, his parting shot has ensured he will be remembered for that.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:51:46 PM by Albion79 »

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1268 on: January 26, 2013, 12:49:05 PM »
Very dissapointing and frustrating to see the club dragged around like this in the public eye. It really is a tough situation, one of the biggest transfer dilemma's i have seen at the Albion.

No doubt Odemwingie is a massive player for us and his departure could be a huge impact on us and certainly QPR. Fantastic footballer but he has realy shown a lack of maturity with this statement and you simly cannot see him staying now, he has to go.
I really hope QPR go down, plain and simply money reasons that has turned his head. I could totally understand if he wanted to have a crack at a higher club as his performances for us the past 3 seasons have certainly earned him the possible opportunity, but QPR!! He always said if he was to leave it would be for a great opportunity, i just don't see that at QPR. They could still very easily go down with his services and it would absolutely serve him right if they do.

If this was earlier in the Window i believe the club could handle it well for all parties but this is a really tough situation with it coming so close to Deadline day.
I'm sure we would at least look for an acceptable price which is 6 million plus + Surely?? This statement has proved he is really going to make it difficult for us and could cause an unhappy camp, so the sooner we get rid the better. Also adding to that and rightly so the fans will be furious with him, can't see him being welcomed onto the Hawthorns pitch again.
Let's see how much QPR show off their money, i personally feel they will be a bit stubborn in trying to get an absolutely snip

We were so close to that Deadline day that Clarke was longing for now we have been thrown at with this, plus you have to remember it is essential we get a replacement and that is going to be extremely tough with the few days left.

I know Pete is 31 but Wolves got 14 million for Fletcher, Odemwingie has as much goals in him and carriers a much greater threat imo. I hope we get at the very least 8 million to be honest.

solidus

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1269 on: January 26, 2013, 12:49:44 PM »
Since Fulham got £6 million, potentially £7 million with add-ons for Bobby Zamora last Jan. 31st, I fully expect us to demand at the very minimum £7 million, add £2 million if QPR survive. Anything less is simply totally out of the question. PO is twice the player Zamora ever was and they are the same age at the time of transfer.

I should imagine JP will mention this to Fernandez whilst explaining why he's rejecting their 2 million offer!

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1270 on: January 26, 2013, 12:53:36 PM »
Odemwhinger even has the gall to suggest that the £2m QPR have offered is 'very reasonable'. The more I think of this situation the more I think we should demand a minimum of £6m or keep him. As other posters have said, we'd easily get £2m at the end of the season. If Odemwhinger plays up then fine him heavily - and keep on fining him until he abides by the contract he was so willing to sign.

Yep, JP should simply treat PO as if he were a 5 year old screaming for goodies. Ignore him and if he acts up fine the hell out of him, since money is the only thing PO cares about. And fine him for talking with QPR behind our backs.

PO has made a right mess for himself and we should let him stew in it unless he grows up.

Biga4

« Reply #1271 on: January 26, 2013, 12:55:46 PM »
£2mill reasonable fee???? Obviously doesnt rate himself haha............ Pete you have ruined my weekend!

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1272 on: January 26, 2013, 01:10:23 PM »
Just as a matter of interest anybody know who his agent is?
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

baggie_liam

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1273 on: January 26, 2013, 01:21:18 PM »
I'd happily accept the £2million pound offer, if they were to throw in Hoilett as well!

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1274 on: January 26, 2013, 01:22:33 PM »
Just as a matter of interest anybody know who his agent is?

David Omigie, Nigerian agent. Don't know anything more.