Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 631577 times)

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #850 on: January 16, 2013, 01:24:02 PM »
Sky Bet's odds on Pete going to QPR in this transfer window are down to 8/11 (57.9%).

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #851 on: January 16, 2013, 01:37:20 PM »
There probably just going off the fact he didnt start last night...

Brilliant journalism.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #852 on: January 16, 2013, 01:42:22 PM »
There probably just going off the fact he didnt start last night...

Brilliant journalism.

yeah it was the same when he wasn't included at Reading they assumed it was because he was offto QPR...not because he was injured!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Umpshire Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #853 on: January 16, 2013, 02:30:19 PM »
It all comes down to Money I'm afraid if they offer him a 3 year deal 40 grand a week and around 3 million fee he will be gone end of...

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #854 on: January 16, 2013, 02:34:31 PM »
It all comes down to Money I'm afraid if they offer him a 3 year deal 40 grand a week and around 3 million fee he will be gone end of...
Not unless they make a bid that is acceptable to the club he wont! Personally I think this will die a death now as they have signed Remy so the desperation isnt as bad I suppose.
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

tucka9

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #855 on: January 16, 2013, 03:22:58 PM »
More "sky sources"

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11698/8400443/Peter-Odemwingie-could-hand-in-transfer-request-to-get-move-to-Queens-Park-Rangers

Sky Sports sources understands that Peter Odemwingie could hand in a formal transfer request as a last resort.

Queens Park Rangers have lodged an offer for the West Bromwich Albion striker - who insist they do not want to sell the Nigerian international.

But QPR remain keen on sealing a deal for the 31-year-old striker and the player is believed to feel that the offer made for him is 'adequate' for his services.

If nothing else materialises then it is understood that, as a 'last resort', Odemwingie is prepared to hand in a formal transfer request to try and push through a move to Loftus Road.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 04:49:05 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #856 on: January 16, 2013, 03:41:56 PM »
I wonder if their source has a dog with a bank account ?

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #857 on: January 16, 2013, 04:49:58 PM »
The way they and Sky go about their business is nothing short of embarrassing. Their 'sources' have been well off many times regarding us lately and I expect the same on this occasion.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #858 on: January 16, 2013, 06:30:21 PM »
I wonder if their source has a dog with a bank account ?
A Bark lays bank account?.
Seriously is it right that rubber faces son has a job as a pundit whilst his dad is in charge of a team , surely that shouldn't happen?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #859 on: January 16, 2013, 07:18:58 PM »
I feel for Louise marrying into that (or am I just jealous ?  :D )

RuncornBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #860 on: January 16, 2013, 09:17:48 PM »
To be honest, 'IF' he were to hand a formal transfer request in..........I would do everything I could (If I were in JP's position) to ruin him.  Throw him in the reserves and fine him at every available opportunity. 

I believe that there is no smoke without fire.  It's probably agent talk, but if it isn't true then why doesn't he come out and say so?

No-one player should dictate to the club.
Heyyyyyyy, Tim Sherwood, Oooh, Aahh, I wanna knowwww..........Why you're such a.............

baggysean

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #861 on: January 16, 2013, 10:52:53 PM »
All the rumours are SKY produced, ignore them. He'll be staying.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #862 on: January 16, 2013, 11:31:13 PM »
IF he hands in a transfer request, he forgoes any future loyalty bonus and the 5% customary stake a player gets in the deal as a goodbye.

We are safe this season and he's on £40k a week apparently and in all honesty we're no longer getting a huge amount of return on our money.

If we get £3.5mill or more, cash up front then he can go. Let Ashworth and Garlick go play with it, plus whatever else we have set aside next summer.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

sandwell

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #863 on: January 17, 2013, 08:50:51 AM »
I agree with solo baggie, while nobody would argue that Odemwingie is one of our best players the fact is that SC does not regard him as one of our main strikers and when he has played him he has not performed on a consistent basis.
Should QPR make a bid in the region of £5 million I would sell him and reinvest in the team, ideally we could get a genuine wide player in on loan before the end of January with an option to buy in the summer.

Andzy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #864 on: January 17, 2013, 09:03:52 AM »
This is what I see as the major problem here is the big IF we reinvest.
How many times have we sold and not reinvested in January I'd let both odemwingie and dorrans go if the team gets the money.
But should it go towards operating costs again it leaves us very short in midfield.
I'd like to see us take the approach some other teams do by we will sell but only when a replacement is already here.

Doobuy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #865 on: January 17, 2013, 10:13:49 AM »
pete has been very valuable to us this season.  anyone we got in as a replacement would not be.  We should keep him.  We probably need 2 new wingers anyway - ideally we'd get one on loan now and then in the summer we find a long termer.  See no reason to sell.  Getting to 10th in the prem shoudl be the aim and we need a strong squad.  Pete can do a job for the next few years - he is worth more to us than a few quid in fees. 

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #866 on: January 17, 2013, 10:30:42 AM »
Get rid of. Surely it's unsettling the squad to keep hearing that a player wants to leave during every transfer window.

Not sure why but I've never really liked him. He's scored some good/timely goals, but he's just always seemed too slefish for my liking. I'm not quite sure how he's been so popular throughout his time here. Most selfish players annoy the fans.

lordbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #867 on: January 17, 2013, 10:44:47 AM »
I'd rather have Pete's services for the next 18 months than £3.5m measly quid.

What would it cost to replace him?

He's our best forward.

He's a thoroughbred

He's the only one who can really play the striker cum winger role that Sc's 4-2-3-1 system requires.

He only gets left out when there are injury issues or in games where less talented "earnest tryers" are required because a more defensive side is required.

We've lost Gera for the season at least.

We may sell Dorrans.

To sell PO at the same time would be lunacy.

Keep him for 18 months and use that time to unearth a cheap, quality long term replacement.

Go to it Dan while you're still here  :D

baggysean

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #868 on: January 17, 2013, 10:49:58 AM »
The squad ain't going to be disrupted by the rumours about him wanting a move because I'm sure they could ask him direct if he wanted to go. The fact is it is still only SKY who've said he may want to go. People are being panicked by these rumours, he'll be staying mark my words.

lordbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #869 on: January 17, 2013, 10:52:53 AM »
Every window there's rumours and every window he stays.

Don't panic

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #870 on: January 17, 2013, 11:11:45 AM »
Steve Madeley from the Express and Star just tweeted that after 24 hours of chasing up whats going on, it seems Odemwingie does want to talk to QPR, he said he isnt unhappy at Albion but would like to hear what QPR have to say.

He also said it would take a bid of around £5m for Albion to think about it, i thought (and hoped) this may fade away after they signed Remy but it now seems QPR are loaning Cisse out so maybe they will be in for Odemwingie again, they would of known £2m would be laughed off but suppose they were just testing the waters to see what price Albion would want.

Ogwani

« Reply #871 on: January 17, 2013, 11:17:12 AM »
If they offer a good transfer fee let him go. I don't see the sense in leaving for a few more K a week when it is going to cost him much more to live over there. If they get relegated he is inevitably going to take a wage cut and probably struggle to find a new club. If he had sense he would just stay, but if they offer 5+ million just let him go and have a sour end to his career.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #872 on: January 17, 2013, 11:21:49 AM »
Last January Sky reported that the transfer of Odemwingie to Fulham was all but complete - when actually Fulham hadn't even an interest in the player.

Sky crank up the drivel speculation in January (especially on their website) to generate more 'hits', it also helps feed interest in their razmataz 'transfer window countdown' nonsense on the final day of the month.

Odemwingie's wife is 5 days overdue with her first born, I doubt very much Pete is contemplating handing in a transfer requests and up rooting his family within the next two weeks.  He hasn't said he wants to leave, Clarke has stated his not selling, Rednapp has said he won't be making another bid for the player.  Sky Sports understands is as good as saying Tribal football understands.  Its garbage.
"This crack is really moreish."

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #873 on: January 17, 2013, 11:23:48 AM »
if it is going to happen, sooner rather than later please so a replacement can be bought in, we know Albion aren't the quickest at getting transfers done!

IMO i don't think he'll go, and i don't want him to, along with Morrison he's the only player that offers a bit of drive from the midfield!

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #874 on: January 17, 2013, 11:25:30 AM »
I agree the Sky Sports stuff is rubbish, people can text in rumours and they put them on!

However i think the fact local journalists have confirmed something makes it more feasible, i would say Odemwingie probably wants to hear what they say as if they offer him loads more money, extra years and performance bonuses with no pay cut if they want down or a release clause, his head would be turned.

Doesnt mean he is going though, think there needs to be a alot of things for that to happen and not sure they will (and hope they dont)