Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 635597 times)

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #750 on: January 13, 2013, 06:36:29 PM »
Hoilett is a wide midfield/winger, 10 years younger then PO & a very good player, I'd have him at the drop of a hat, excellent prospect.

If he's so much better the why do QPR fans call him Junior Toilet, especially in the position they are in. I'd have a 31 year old Peter Odemwingie over Hoilet all day, every day !
He's a lad from the Wrenna

baggie steve

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #751 on: January 13, 2013, 06:36:57 PM »
If we sell for a considerable amount, then id accept that if we were to replace him with an equal replacement.
We don't have a natural right winger, Blackpool have both Ince and Phillips who would could do a job for us !

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #752 on: January 13, 2013, 06:37:24 PM »
You don't get anywhere in football selling your best players and what does that say to the likes of Jonas Olsson, Youssouf Mulumbu and co when they see that we are selling our best players? It'll be a complete lack of ambition for me as Peter Odemwingie is without doubt the best player at this football club. People talk about his pace diminishing as he grows with age but for me it isn't just pace he offers us, he has ability on the ball and can carry the ball beating players with ease, something which our other players struggle with, add to that he has the ability to produce goals which for me means we would be mad to sell him.

I do think we'll sell him in the summer but he'll be a massive loss for me because I don't think there are many Odemwingie's around and if they are around, they're usually out of our price range.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #753 on: January 13, 2013, 06:40:46 PM »
Odemwingie isn't one of our best players, he doesn't play often enough. Injury-prone and over valued. Has been for a year or so now. If we get offered £4m plus then we would be mad not to sell.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #754 on: January 13, 2013, 06:44:04 PM »
Look at old cod face talking about other teams players ! , this will be a big week for Albion as I'm sure QPR will try for Pete again with their huge wages and fee's . I can see they would be tempted to sell with Pete's age if a big bid came in but what would that say about our club ? , we bang the drum about being safe money wise and building a squad so i for one would be gutted if any of our better players left let alone our best forward.
Don't bow done to the cockney idiot JP / SC.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #755 on: January 13, 2013, 06:44:31 PM »
Mackie is exactly the kind of striker we don't need, all toil and no quality. If you want to be midtable plus, you need players with technical ability. Hoilett isn't good enough, imho, to have a real impact on games which is why he can't make a struggling QPR team in the relegation zone. We don't need any QPR reserves, we need players who have that bit of quality to their games. Odemwingie will be very difficult indeed to replace, players that can decide PL games by their own skill are very rare and very valuable.

Taken from this site last season when Blackburn were relegated, seems, like me, others rate Hoilett too, certainly wouldn't dismiss him out of hand just because he currently can't get in QPRs team, any number of reasons why!

6) Junior Hoilett

Junior Hoilett has been in demand for quite a while, almost leaving Blackburn Rovers in January. Tottenham and Arsenal have been heavily linked, while German giant Bayern Munich were also linked a month back. The Canadian winger is only 21 and has huge potential, scoring seven times and providing five assists for Rovers last season, and it is no wonder the big clubs are interested.

Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #756 on: January 13, 2013, 06:51:15 PM »
If he's so much better the why do QPR fans call him Junior Toilet, especially in the position they are in. I'd have a 31 year old Peter Odemwingie over Hoilet all day, every day !

I never said I preferred Hoilett over Odemwingie mate, I was responding to posts declaring Hoilett as not good enough.
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #757 on: January 13, 2013, 07:16:08 PM »
Taken from this site last season when Blackburn were relegated, seems, like me, others rate Hoilett too, certainly wouldn't dismiss him out of hand just because he currently can't get in QPRs team, any number of reasons why!

6) Junior Hoilett

Junior Hoilett has been in demand for quite a while, almost leaving Blackburn Rovers in January. Tottenham and Arsenal have been heavily linked, while German giant Bayern Munich were also linked a month back. The Canadian winger is only 21 and has huge potential, scoring seven times and providing five assists for Rovers last season, and it is no wonder the big clubs are interested.

That was last season... Hoilett hasn't exactly kicked on to and produce a stunning season this season has he? Ok, I think he was injured for a while, but as someone said, Hoilett is one of those players that flatters to deceive.

I liked him last season tbh, and even suggested him as a potential player for us to pick up should Blackburn go down, but I don't think he is the type of player that would fit in with Clarke's way of playing football. We have a slow back line that lies deep, and two defensive midfielders protecting the back four. We need four powerful, skillful, fast, players that are capable of creating something by their own speed and skill. If they are diminutive they need superior skills and I don't think Hoilett fits the bill for a top ten team, which is our aim isn't it.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #758 on: January 13, 2013, 07:59:43 PM »
You don't get anywhere in football selling your best players and what does that say to the likes of Jonas Olsson, Youssouf Mulumbu and co when they see that we are selling our best players? It'll be a complete lack of ambition for me as Peter Odemwingie is without doubt the best player at this football club. People talk about his pace diminishing as he grows with age but for me it isn't just pace he offers us, he has ability on the ball and can carry the ball beating players with ease, something which our other players struggle with, add to that he has the ability to produce goals which for me means we would be mad to sell him.

I do think we'll sell him in the summer but he'll be a massive loss for me because I don't think there are many Odemwingie's around and if they are around, they're usually out of our price range.

It depends on whether he is adequately replaced.  Ince seems destined to go elsewhere but Philips would be interesting.  Probably better value from overseas though and I'm sure DA has lined up some potentials.

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #759 on: January 13, 2013, 08:28:35 PM »
That was last season... Hoilett hasn't exactly kicked on to and produce a stunning season this season has he? Ok, I think he was injured for a while, but as someone said, Hoilett is one of those players that flatters to deceive.

I liked him last season tbh, and even suggested him as a potential player for us to pick up should Blackburn go down, but I don't think he is the type of player that would fit in with Clarke's way of playing football. We have a slow back line that lies deep, and two defensive midfielders protecting the back four. We need four powerful, skillful, fast, players that are capable of creating something by their own speed and skill. If they are diminutive they need superior skills and I don't think Hoilett fits the bill for a top ten team, which is our aim isn't it.

That's a very tall order. Which, if any, of our current players would you say fits that description? I ask just to find out how high your bar is set.

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #760 on: January 13, 2013, 09:11:23 PM »
Just don't sell him at all, it is an absolutely massive gamble to try and find someone to replace him.

Its a serious sign of lack of ambition.

He is one of, if not our best player. As Liam says you don't get nowhere selling your best players.

We need to start playing him more otherwise he will want out and rightly so, i know he has had an "injury in the past few games " apparently,  but even when available we have not used him enough and i could certainly understand if it was his decision to leave (except to QPR).

I'd like to think we can send a little statement on Wednesday to show we have ambitions of winning silverware and that we are a much better option than QPR.

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #761 on: January 13, 2013, 11:02:59 PM »
Pete hat trick on Tuesday please

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #762 on: January 13, 2013, 11:05:18 PM »
That's a very tall order. Which, if any, of our current players would you say fits that description? I ask just to find out how high your bar is set.

I know it's a tall order but it's what we should be aiming for. We don't have many of those types of players atm.

*I am more than happy with Odemwingie and Lukaku.
*Morrison can play well at times but I didn't like his recent disappearance in November and December (these are not unheard of), then again he could have been carrying a knock but it was good to see him back to his best at Reading. Anyway, he needs stiff competition to keep him on his toes.
*Long has the pace but his skill set is so limited, still maybe we should try him on the wing.
*Rosenberg is struggling very badly to come to terms with English football, maybe it's best to let him return to Germany/Holland in the summer. And to me he lacks the pace needed, as do Gera and Dorrans, who of course is on his way anyway.
*JT is waning.   

I'd like for us to find a Moses type of player or two. We almost got him before he opted for bleepin Wigan.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #763 on: January 14, 2013, 01:17:48 PM »
is he or isnt he, the London media seem to think he still is
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

DownInAlbion

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #764 on: January 14, 2013, 01:26:15 PM »
saw a qpr fan on the tube today with a qpr top on and odemwingie on the back. what an utter tool. my hatred for them now is at an all time high

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #765 on: January 14, 2013, 01:27:42 PM »
Sky Sources !!!!!!  ::) reckon that QPR will come back in with another bid and if the clubs agree a deal then the player is interested in talking to them.

Not sure who are the worst for this, Sky sources or Talksport ?

IF and its a BIG BIG IF this is true and he does want to talk to them then for me i'd be more disappointed in the player than the club for selling, a club struggling at the bottom and hopefully going back to the Championship next season or a settled Premier League club slowly and steadily building, if the money is attracting him that much then he can go.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #766 on: January 14, 2013, 01:31:01 PM »
saw a qpr fan on the tube today with a qpr top on and odemwingie on the back. what an utter tool. my hatred for them now is at an all time high

Thats outrageous

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #767 on: January 14, 2013, 01:32:43 PM »
I suppose it depends if PO is in Clarkes long term plans if he isnt then this is the last window where we can get good money for him, he is 32 next season and his one real aspect of his game will start to diminish and thats his pace. Personally if an offer around the 4-5 million mark comes in then I think they have to seriously consider it.
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #768 on: January 14, 2013, 01:34:07 PM »
Theres no other reason for joining QPR.  They can double his wages.

They might play him in his favoured role as a striker so that could be another reason.

DownInAlbion

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #769 on: January 14, 2013, 01:38:04 PM »

Thats outrageous

i know but got me thinking is it just pure arrogance or does he know something we dont?

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #770 on: January 14, 2013, 01:42:38 PM »
Is Odemwingie fit for tomorrow? If he is, and is not included in the starting line-up then it's a fair bet that he could soon be heading to London.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #771 on: January 14, 2013, 01:48:11 PM »
Is Odemwingie fit for tomorrow? If he is, and is not included in the starting line-up then it's a fair bet that he could soon be heading to London.
Or rested for the Villa game  :o
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #772 on: January 14, 2013, 01:55:34 PM »
There will be financial clauses in players contracts if QPR go down.Is he another one that wants to live in London.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #773 on: January 14, 2013, 02:26:50 PM »
Odemwingie isn't one of our best players, he doesn't play often enough. Injury-prone and over valued. Has been for a year or so now. If we get offered £4m plus then we would be mad not to sell.

He is injured alot but is also a matchwinner which we don't have many of. If you look at his record - games played, goals and assits you would be hard pressed to get a player of his calibre for a small transfer fee. He is also proven at this level. I know people will say Michu but they are few and far between.

If you sell him you have to bring in someone of equal quality.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #774 on: January 14, 2013, 03:01:30 PM »
There will be financial clauses in players contracts if QPR go down.Is he another one that wants to live in London.

Correction Not if, but WHEN QPR go down