Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 631470 times)

wbako

• Senior Baggie

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #425 on: August 04, 2012, 03:43:44 PM »
Anichibe is gash.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

popbaggie28

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #426 on: August 04, 2012, 03:46:09 PM »
Anichibe is gash.

Love your bluntness ha ha!!

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #427 on: August 04, 2012, 03:49:04 PM »
Love your bluntness ha ha!!

I call it like I see it dude!

It doesn't mean I'm right mind, just an opinion.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #428 on: August 05, 2012, 12:54:37 AM »
Scored today to rescue the draw, 25-yarder apparently, but hey ho lets sell for £6-8 million when the s*** are turning down bids of £12 million for Fletcher.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 02:39:41 AM by Quakes Fan »
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #429 on: August 05, 2012, 01:21:11 AM »
Sunderland to miss out on striker

Sunderland, 20:11, August 4, 2012

Sunderland's hopes of landing striker Peter Odemwingie from West Brom appear to be coming to an end.

Black Cats boss Martin O'Neill has been looking to strengthen his front line all summer after seeing one departure after another from the Stadium of Light but his hopes of landing Odemwingie look to be over.

West Brom boss Steve Clarke has dismissed rumours that Odemwingie is about to leave the club and join a Premier League rival, Fulham have been linked with the player as well as Sunderland.

Qatari club Al-Gharafa made a £4m offer for the striker last month but that was dismissed out of hand by the Baggies chief who says they are not interested in selling the Nigerian international.

He told the Express and Star: "I think you're always going to have speculation about your good players," he said. "It wouldn't be football otherwise, especially with it being the summer when the transfer window is open.
"Your good players are always going to be linked with other clubs. There was one bid that came in for Peter, but it wasn't from an English club. We turned it down - and I think that says enough."

Well if you can believe anything reported nowadays............. ::)

http://www.clubcall.com/sunderland/sunderland-to-miss-out-on-striker-1450706.html
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

darby009

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #430 on: August 05, 2012, 07:42:04 AM »
this thread is frustrating the hell out of me........

please all accept this and stop commenting on "i would sell for this" and "i think he will Go" "Get so and so to replace him".

All we have seen is lazy journalism becaus e nothing is going on, and re-hashed stories......

ODEMWINGIE IS NOT FOR SALE AND IS GOING NO WHERE........ FACT.......

Please close this thread please, its a none story.....
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 11:16:44 AM by OldburyWBA »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #431 on: August 05, 2012, 11:16:27 AM »

please all accept this and stop commenting on "i would sell for this" and "i think he will Go" "Get so and so to replace him".

All we have seen is lazy journalism becaus e nothing is going on, and re-hashed stories......

The whole point of the Transfer Forum and the threads that appear in it are to discuss the RUMOURS that are published in various places so no the thread will not be closed.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

B714LF

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #432 on: August 05, 2012, 07:09:42 PM »

Better players then Pete have not been for sale and have been sold. Now that's a fact!

lordbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #433 on: August 06, 2012, 01:37:25 AM »
FACT

JP will only sell anybody if it's in the best interests of the club and even then only if the deal is right.

PO is crucial to our team at the present and is on a long contract.

He might be sold but only very reluctantly by JP and that will require (in the classic phrase) a head turning offer.

My guess is JP would laugh at £6m or anything less.

£8M as an initial offer and he might sniff a potential (hard bargained) deal.

Only at £10m does it get serious.

And I still think he'd hold out for £12m

Precedents?

Joe Kamara - £6m and how many Prem goals has he ever scored?

Jonno £6m - and he was the wrong side of 30

Curtis D - £10/11m? (we shall never know) after one good season in the Prem?

In Jeremy we trust!

I seriously doubt that SC, DA or JP has the remotest desire to part with PO

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #434 on: August 07, 2012, 12:55:01 PM »
Odemwingie, Long, Rosenberg, Fortune.... Happy times ;D
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #435 on: August 07, 2012, 04:57:20 PM »
Odemwingie, Long, Rosenberg, Fortune.... Happy times ;D

Best forward line we have had in 30 years.
Baggie in Southampton

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #436 on: August 23, 2012, 06:42:19 AM »
from the journalistic diamond..The Daily Star

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/268448/Sunderland-and-West-Ham-battle-to-sign-West-Brom-star-Peter-Odemwingie/

SUNDERLAND AND WEST HAM BATTLE TO SIGN WEST BROM STAR PETER ODEMWINGIE
23rd August 2012
By Tim Gray

SUNDERLAND and West Ham are ready to lock horns over Peter Odemwingie after both clubs expressed an interest in the striker.

The 31-year-old has plundered 25 goals in the last two seasons for the Baggies and was again on target in their opening day win over Liverpool.

Odemwingie was the subject of a bid from Qatari club Al-Gharafa earlier this summer, which was rejected by the Premier League club.

The Baggies are adamant their valuation will have to be met before the striker is allowed to leave.

West Ham have been tracking Odemwingie and he has emerged as a leading target after their deal for Andy Carroll hit the buffers.

Sam Allardyce wants a proven Premier League striker who can supply the goals that will ensure their top-flight status.

However, he will face competition from the Black Cats, who are assembling a new-look strike force.

Steven Fletcher has arrived but Asamoah Gyan has been sold and Nicklas Bendtner is back at Arsenal – although he could move to Inter Milan.

I'm not sure anymore.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 06:44:17 AM by Aixelsyd »
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #437 on: August 23, 2012, 07:06:47 AM »
I said as much a few days ago and was told to stop scaremongering.

I, more than anyone, don't want Odemwingie to leave. However I think it's a distinct possibility given the striking options we have on offer.

Peter has historically not reacted positively to competition for his place. From nuggets I've heard over the past 15 months I sense there is a slight unease between him and the club.

I'm not know and I'm not trying to worry people. I don't want Peter to go. His record over the last 2 years speak for itself.
Twitter: @floydy1983

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #438 on: August 23, 2012, 07:17:49 AM »
I don't think he'll be going anywhere and we definitely shouldn't be selling him to another prem club if he is.
Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #439 on: August 23, 2012, 07:36:10 AM »
Peace won't sell him to either West Ham or Sunderland. Unless it's 10 mill +.

We see this every single season, Odemwingie will still be here come the end of August.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #440 on: August 23, 2012, 08:19:58 AM »
West Ham again. Absolute rubbish.Sell Pete and without his goals we will struggle even more so.It wont happen
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #441 on: August 23, 2012, 09:19:00 AM »
New contract, new house, new wife, baby on way would suggest he is settled and not looking to move anywhere but these rumours will persist for at least another 8 days because thats what lazy journalists do!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

stever60

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #442 on: August 23, 2012, 09:29:43 AM »
New contract, new house, new wife, baby on way would suggest he is settled and not looking to move anywhere but these rumours will persist for at least another 8 days because thats what lazy journalists do!
I agree, cant see him going. Just filling column inches at this time of year
Don't call me Walt

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #443 on: August 23, 2012, 09:35:02 AM »
West Ham fans think hes only got a year left on his contract and will get him for 1-2 million, can someone go tell them otherwise  :D

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #444 on: August 23, 2012, 09:38:09 AM »
There might be interest from West Ham and Sunderland but neither will be prepared to stump up the sort of fee JP will ask for and unless Peter demands a move we are under no pressure to sell. Not going to happen this window.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #445 on: August 23, 2012, 10:28:21 AM »
Great news.

Either West ham, media darlings and willing to spend 10m plus on Jarvis or Martin 'pays over the odds' O'neill in the running to sign him.

Dont want to see Pete go AT ALL, but if these two clubs get into a bidding war policed by JP we could be looking at a ridiculous offer we cant turn down.
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #446 on: August 23, 2012, 10:38:44 AM »
Great news.

Either West ham, media darlings and willing to spend 10m plus on Jarvis or Martin 'pays over the odds' O'neill in the running to sign him.

Dont want to see Pete go AT ALL, but if these two clubs get into a bidding war policed by JP we could be looking at a ridiculous offer we cant turn down.

Jeremy i am sure will want to remain in the greed league next season with the extra mega bucks from TV rights to be had. I cant see him at any price selling any of our stars to jeopardise whats on offer next season in the  money world

Merbals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #447 on: August 23, 2012, 10:45:45 AM »
Well £14M for Fletcher and £10 for Jarvis OMG how much is Podem worth.  Seriously I rate him but if those sort of figures are the going rate then I would seriously look at possibly cashing in for the right price!  BUT only the right plrice!!!

£14M for Podem then straight on the phone to RDM to strike a deal for Lukaku next season!

Thats what you call good business!

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #448 on: August 23, 2012, 11:18:04 AM »
Well £14M for Fletcher and £10 for Jarvis OMG how much is Podem worth.  Seriously I rate him but if those sort of figures are the going rate then I would seriously look at possibly cashing in for the right price!  BUT only the right plrice!!!

£14M for Podem then straight on the phone to RDM to strike a deal for Lukaku next season!

Thats what you call good business!
Lets wait and see how his seaon goes first. I´m sure there are several other options on Danny´s Dynamic Database. ;D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #449 on: August 23, 2012, 11:39:09 AM »
Nonsensical to let him go.In 12 months time we would then need at least 2 front line strikers as we will almost certainly not have Lukaku and possibly 3 as Rosenberg is an unknown quantity at this level!
Baggie for life not just for Xmas