Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 635507 times)

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #325 on: July 17, 2012, 05:06:35 PM »
In what way weaker? Scharner and Andrews? Shorey?

All three of those played a significant part last season. As yet none of them have been replaced and with Cox potentially leaving as well we have no squad depth whatsoever.

If you also add Pete to that list aswell then were starting to look pretty weak.

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #326 on: July 17, 2012, 05:22:07 PM »
"Get rid off Odemwingie, he's got a bad attitude, he's disruptive blah blah blah".

There has been NO clear evidence of Odemwingie ever doing anything wrong. Fabricated stories, badly translated interviews, false accusations that he was an feigning injury which he proved were false when he posted a picture of his injured foot on Twitter, wild rumours and presumptions. The worst he's done is talked about a hypothetical situation regarding a top top team coming in for him where he'd possibly be unable to say no. He's a bit arrogant and on the pitch he's often quite selfish (which of course is sometimes very frustrating), but off it he's done little wrong. He's also been here two seasons and produced the goods reaching double figures in goals for both of them, which is a terrific record, so you can't lambaste his on the pitch contributions either.

Strikers who can score 10+ goals in a season in the Premiership are absolute gold dust, extremely hard to get hold of unless you're one of the top few teams, so now we finally have one after trying to get one for years and years it's unbelievable people want to get him of him. Madness. I admit to doing this myself in the past, but people need to stop getting so worked up over rubbish from the likes of Talkcrap and SkySports who are famous for the nonsense they spout.

popbaggie28

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #327 on: July 17, 2012, 05:44:48 PM »
The same thing happend last year and there was the same comments saying "Sell him" & "Hes a bad egg" Thought people would have learned the first time round not to listen to chinese whispers.......

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #328 on: July 17, 2012, 06:28:49 PM »
Dear Head of Rumours @ Talksport,

Gizza a job. I could make this sort of pooh up all day long. You could also name me as your official source.
                                               Yours, Billy-Bob Bullcrap.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #329 on: July 17, 2012, 06:38:26 PM »
"Get rid off Odemwingie, he's got a bad attitude, he's disruptive blah blah blah".

There has been NO clear evidence of Odemwingie ever doing anything wrong. Fabricated stories, badly translated interviews, false accusations that he was an feigning injury which he proved were false when he posted a picture of his injured foot on Twitter, wild rumours and presumptions. The worst he's done is talked about a hypothetical situation regarding a top top team coming in for him where he'd possibly be unable to say no. He's a bit arrogant and on the pitch he's often quite selfish (which of course is sometimes very frustrating), but off it he's done little wrong. He's also been here two seasons and produced the goods reaching double figures in goals for both of them, which is a terrific record, so you can't lambaste his on the pitch contributions either.

Strikers who can score 10+ goals in a season in the Premiership are absolute gold dust, extremely hard to get hold of unless you're one of the top few teams, so now we finally have one after trying to get one for years and years it's unbelievable people want to get him of him. Madness. I admit to doing this myself in the past, but people need to stop getting so worked up over rubbish from the likes of Talkcrap and SkySports who are famous for the nonsense they spout.

Ah a voice of reason...thank the lord for that. I get sick and tired of all the rubbish that gets slung at Odemwingie when these baseless stories appear.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 06:49:56 PM by OldburyWBA »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #330 on: July 17, 2012, 07:00:10 PM »
Dear Head of Rumours @ Talksport,

Gizza a job. I could make this sort of pooh up all day long. You could also name me as your official source.
                                               Yours, Billy-Bob Bullcrap.

Didnt he play in the Right Back for Bolton in the 26 Cup Final........ :)

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #331 on: July 17, 2012, 09:32:20 PM »
Don't think JC would be so naive to sell our most important goalscorer unless he was pretty damned certain that he'd got an equally prolific scorer nailed on to come in. I hope as well DA remembers the debacle of Mowbray's team going into a Prem. season with arguably the weakest set of forwards in the Division (Bednar, Miller, Moore, Beattie). And look where we ended up.
I don't want to run down Long and Fortune too much as they are good at what they do, but at this level you need a finisher who can unlock very well organised defences with a snap shot, or a dribble and shot. And Pete is the best we have at doing that.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #332 on: July 17, 2012, 10:51:26 PM »
a) 25 PL goals in two seasons with numerous assists: Get him out the club. Troublemaker. Costs us more goals than he scores through his greedy play. Sick of his moaning.

b) Not performed for two years, way down the midfield pecking order, done nothing at this level: He's Corberan, must keep at all costs, hope he really turns it round this year (again).

Name the two players based on poster reaction on here...  ::)

I use this purely as an example  8)

If Odemwingie were to be sold we would be very close to getting relegated.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #333 on: July 17, 2012, 10:58:36 PM »
a) as a proven international rightly or wrongly people expect too much of him and demand instant impact

b) Someone who came from different levels ie: Scotlands lowest league, came in when given a chance had an impact and so given his problems people were prepared to give him more time.

Don't see how the two can be compared but hey lets have a pop at Dozza for a change.

If Odemwingie is sold then the questions have to be asked elsewhere not on here and certainly not to be used to have a pop at other players. Maybe he is the one who wants to go and the club will hold out for an offer they find acceptable not what the player deems acceptable.

Not all goings on at clubs make the papers.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:01:06 PM by OldburyWBA »

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #334 on: July 17, 2012, 11:02:13 PM »
a) 25 PL goals in two seasons with numerous assists: Get him out the club. Troublemaker. Costs us more goals than he scores through his greedy play. Sick of his moaning.

b) Not performed for two years, way down the midfield pecking order, done nothing at this level: He's Corberan, must keep at all costs, hope he really turns it round this year (again).

Name the two players based on poster reaction on here...  ::)

I use this purely as an example  8)

If Odemwingie were to be sold we would be very close to getting relegated.

Why do you have to bring Dorrans up again???

I actually agree with you with regards to Odemwingie. I personally think he is by far and away our best striker.

As for Dorrans; judge him after he has a decent spell in the first team.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #335 on: July 17, 2012, 11:04:18 PM »
a) as a proven international rightly or wrongly people expect to o much of him and demand instant impact

b) Someone who came from different levels ie: Scotlands lowest league, came in when given a chance had an impact and so given his problems people wre preapred to give him more time.

Don't see how the two can be compared but hey lets have a pop aty Dozza for a change.

If Odemwingie is sold then the questions have to be asked elsewhere not on here and certainly not to be used to have a pop at other players. Maybe he is the one who wants to go and the club will hold out for an offer they find acceptable not what the player deems acceptable.

Not all goings on at clubs make the papers.

It was not meant as a pop at GD. It was the best way of illustrating the fan reaction on here certainly to our most influential Premier League player against arguably after that Championship season our current biggest Premier League disappointment.

It's fan attitudes I'm getting at, not individual player ability.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #336 on: July 17, 2012, 11:08:24 PM »
Jacko2000 what would you do then if you were the manager and these stories of Odemwingie were correct?

Would you just let him get away with things because hes was our 'best' player?

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #337 on: July 17, 2012, 11:09:16 PM »
It was not meant as a pop at GD. It was the best way of illustrating the fan reaction on here certainly to our most influential Premier League player against arguably after that Championship season our current biggest Premier League disappointment.

Of course it was. It always is.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #338 on: July 17, 2012, 11:16:32 PM »
Of course it was. It always is.

???
Anyone got a brick wall??

I've just posted exactly what I meant...

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #339 on: July 17, 2012, 11:18:44 PM »
Jacko2000 what would you do then if you were the manager and these stories of Odemwingie were correct?

Would you just let him get away with things because hes was our 'best' player?

No but to a certain extent, you do have to keep them sweet (your best players), it's common sense. You certainly don't drive your best players out of the club. Can you imagine Mourinho selling Ronaldo because he upset him in training? No he'd get his arm around him and have a stern but quiet word.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #340 on: July 17, 2012, 11:20:04 PM »
???
Anyone got a brick wall??

I've just posted exactly what I meant...

Your perfectly entitled to post about Dorrans, don't get me wrong, but some folk on here will doubt what you post due to your continued berating of Graham Dorrans. You make it appear like you have a personal vendetta against the lad. Your post makes perfect sense to me, and I tend to agree with what you're saying but don't get annoyed if others question the meaning of your posts.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #341 on: July 17, 2012, 11:21:38 PM »

Only you do have form on this one Jacko? Fans just express their views and feelings on what they see in each individual case. There isnt anything fundamentally wrong with that. If players feel Odemwingie is more focussed on the cash than the result thats their view. I dont agree thats the case but in truth there are probably as many Dorrans knockers out there anyhow.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #342 on: July 18, 2012, 01:36:44 AM »
Didnt he play in the Right Back for Bolton in the 26 Cup Final........ :)

One & the same,According to our souses at skysport sorry talksport ???

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #343 on: July 18, 2012, 06:45:18 AM »
 ;D Don't believe any nonsense that PO is leaving untill I see 10 mill come our way and in JPs account(sorry transfer money account) :o

mannimc

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #344 on: July 18, 2012, 09:22:22 AM »
I feel that PO will leave the club before the start of the season starts but i think we will cash in on him for somewhere in the region of £7 million which is a reasonable price for a 31 year old striker who is reliant on pace. I would be sad to see him go as his goal record speaks for itself.

I am a little concerned about the replacements that are being lined up in Martins, Rosenburg and co. If Odemwingie is allowed to leave the club there needs to be a top class replacement who we are willing to pay a simular amount of money too.

I was very sceptical of the Steve Clarke appointment and feel a big top class signing may also get the doubters on board.

pete

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #345 on: July 18, 2012, 09:32:57 AM »
I feel that PO will leave the club before the start of the season starts but i think we will cash in on him for somewhere in the region of £7 million which is a reasonable price for a 31 year old striker who is reliant on pace. I would be sad to see him go as his goal record speaks for itself.

I am a little concerned about the replacements that are being lined up in Martins, Rosenburg and co. If Odemwingie is allowed to leave the club there needs to be a top class replacement who we are willing to pay a simular amount of money too.

I was very sceptical of the Steve Clarke appointment and feel a big top class signing may also get the doubters on board.
If we sold PO for 7 million, I cant see the club bringing anyone in to replace his.  I think they would utilise Long in the PO role!

Still what do I know Im just a fan?  ;)
Kiss and make up sex is the best around, after all its better than no sex!

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #346 on: July 18, 2012, 09:38:38 AM »
Jeremy Peace and Dan Ashworth will do all they can to make Steve Clarke a sucess at the Albion,
selling Odemwingie is just not an option, he`s contracted to the club for another 3 years so he has to
get it head down and get on with it.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #347 on: July 18, 2012, 09:49:53 AM »
If Odemwingie goes he will have to be replaced.
I dont see why the general view is we need to spend the money on a 'top class replacement'
How much did we spend on Odemwingie? and how many on here had heard of him before he came here?
I dont believe all I read about Pete wanting to leave etc etc etc, but it does seem taht about this time of year there is a media circus around him.
Wonder why that happens  ::) ?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #348 on: July 18, 2012, 10:00:06 AM »
Just seen Chris L saying that we have rejected a bid for him and there is more to follow later in the Brum mail.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #349 on: July 18, 2012, 10:10:05 AM »
Money talks in football and if Qatari outfit Al-Gharrafa, who have made a bit for Odemwinge, are determined to sign him then they'll have the financial clout to persuade JP to say 'Thank you very much'. All I hope is that if we do let PO go for big bucks then we quickly re-invest the money in another striker.