Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 636740 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #300 on: July 17, 2012, 01:12:03 PM »
Would Pete leave for a far east club? He's only jusy got married and seems to be close to the family considering his tweets about the in-laws haha

I think he's probably closer to his bank manager than his in laws. If the offer does come in he'll be gone
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #301 on: July 17, 2012, 02:55:50 PM »
Correction..................IF the RIGHT offer comes in for him he'll be gone !
He's a lad from the Wrenna

michaelwh

« Reply #302 on: July 17, 2012, 02:56:58 PM »
This guy and his agent have NO respect for the club or fans at all.Time is right to cash in now.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #303 on: July 17, 2012, 03:01:38 PM »
Don't know about anyone else but I got sick and tired of this last summer when we had the same palava about him going here, there and everywhere.

If the money's right, get rid.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #304 on: July 17, 2012, 03:04:39 PM »
Don't know about anyone else but I got sick and tired of this last summer when we had the same palava about him going here, there and everywhere.

Yeah totally. It annoys me so much we should get rid of our best player. I do not want to read made up articles - so we should sell him ASAP.

Suck on that Odemwingie the best player we have ever had in the Premiership.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #305 on: July 17, 2012, 03:11:18 PM »
I can't believe people are slating him based on a nothing story from TalkSport. So, so fickle. Some people clearly don't recognise talent at all, anyone who thinks we'd sign a player anywhere near as talented is deluded. If you want good players be prepared for the press to link them away. If we're to establish people need to stop crying about such articles.

He's by far and away the best player we've had (and who's actually shown it at the top level) for many a year.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 03:13:02 PM by Dan »

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #306 on: July 17, 2012, 03:22:00 PM »
Yeah totally. It annoys me so much we should get rid of our best player. I do not want to read made up articles - so we should sell him ASAP.

Suck on that Odemwingie the best player we have ever had in the Premiership.

Ooh, pardon me for having an opinion.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #307 on: July 17, 2012, 03:22:50 PM »
I can't believe people are slating him based on a nothing story from TalkSport. So, so fickle. Some people clearly don't recognise talent at all, anyone who thinks we'd sign a player anywhere near as talented is deluded. If you want good players be prepared for the press to link them away. If we're to establish people need to stop crying about such articles.

He's by far and away the best player we've had (and who's actually shown it at the top level) for many a year.

See above

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #308 on: July 17, 2012, 03:27:57 PM »

I agree. Someone clearly is stirring up rubbish about PO at every opportunity. People then use old nonsense to build on the latest nonsense to create an storm of nonsense to get all worked up about.

I just don't get why people bite on such obvious troll bait time and time again.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #309 on: July 17, 2012, 03:29:36 PM »
Has there ever been any concrete evidance of him distruping or making a nuisance of himself?

Talks**** have made up a story to get people calling him up. Obviously if a club makes a silly offer then we will accept but that is the same with any player at the club.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #310 on: July 17, 2012, 03:30:52 PM »
cant afford to let him go hes the only one of our forwards who can score goals at this level.
fortune isnt a goalscorer
Cox needs a run of games but im unsure we can accomodate him.
Long is all huff and puff and runs his socks off but is not good enough to be our main strker.

all decent players get linked away have to get used to it.
The agents are the ones who leak the story as they're the ones who get the money from the transfer.
im not reading into this story i think its garabge
O Albion we love you

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #311 on: July 17, 2012, 03:31:34 PM »
Lets play devils advocate here and what if it actually is true do people expect Clarke to accept being undermined just because hes our most talented players in some peoples view?

My own belief is the story is exagerated beyond proportion however he has got an history of fall outs.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #312 on: July 17, 2012, 03:34:29 PM »
I actually think PO is going to have a really big impact in the league this season. Second season syndrome out of the way he knows what the PL is all about. He has all the ability to do that at this level. My one criticism is his reluctance to use his team mates a bit more. If he trusted them and made the runs off the ball that he can few defenders have the pace to live with him. We have the creative midfielders to supply him.

off_foo_182

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #313 on: July 17, 2012, 03:34:50 PM »

I agree with this. Personally think at 31 we have seen his best years. Cash in reduce the wages and sign someone else.
Also hodgson came out and moaned about odemwingie last year with his numerous 'injuries' so he is a bit of a whiner by the sounds of it.
Dont get me wrong he is a good player but for me high maintenance and at the only realistic age we could get a decent fee for him.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #314 on: July 17, 2012, 03:42:58 PM »
Don't think selling our most potent goal threat is the way to go.

Our squad already looks significantly weaker than the one which ended last season without selling our best player as well.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #315 on: July 17, 2012, 03:46:49 PM »

Our squad already looks significantly weaker than the one which ended last season without selling our best player as well.

In what way weaker? Scharner and Andrews? Shorey?

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #316 on: July 17, 2012, 03:47:13 PM »

Let's go into the new season with Fortune and Long as our main strikers.... what are people thinking  ::)

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #317 on: July 17, 2012, 04:09:14 PM »
This guy and his agent have NO respect for the club or fans at all.Time is right to cash in now.

Get a replacement and i agree his value can only go down from here on in due to his age and his attitude as been bad since the beginning of last season.
When you play as selfish as he did last year your doing yourself no favours.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #318 on: July 17, 2012, 04:09:23 PM »
In what way weaker? Scharner and Andrews? Shorey?

well selling shorey means we have limited cover at left back
Scharner has been a massively influential player at the club and scored some important winning goals at places like seal park, st james', stadium of light. big player for us in derby games got the crowd going. not to mention he and andrews were both in the pecking order above Dorrans last season. All 3 had premier league experience which is vital. so i also to an extent agree we look weaker.

but if we sold odemwingie i would be marching to the bookies and backing us to go down. As if our main strike line was fortune and Long we would struggle!!!
O Albion we love you

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #319 on: July 17, 2012, 04:12:01 PM »
Do people think its really that easy to replace him  :-\

It took us 10 years to find someone like him!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 04:20:50 PM by leeiswba »

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #320 on: July 17, 2012, 04:14:03 PM »
If we get 8 million or more he will be gone. Simple as.
BOING BOING

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #321 on: July 17, 2012, 04:25:10 PM »
Id argue not only do we need to keep him but we should consider bringing another top class striker into the club to compete with him.

off_foo_182

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #322 on: July 17, 2012, 04:30:17 PM »
Get a replacement and i agree his value can only go down from here on in due to his age and his attitude as been bad since the beginning of last season.
When you play as selfish as he did last year your doing yourself no favours.

This is key. We could have scored maybe 3-5 goals more if he hadnt been so blindingly selfish in games last year.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #323 on: July 17, 2012, 04:42:51 PM »
This is key. We could have scored maybe 3-5 goals more if he hadnt been so blindingly selfish in games last year.

But if I'm honest, of all the people to finish chances, it was usually him I trusted most. He can be selfish if he wants to score, and an Odemwingie lacking confidence wants to score. Soon as he's got his confidence he loses the selfishness and the team performances go up too.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #324 on: July 17, 2012, 04:59:20 PM »
Looks to me like everybody is getting worked by a story by talksport and sky sports! Cmon now!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill