Author Topic: 19 Mar 2016 Albion 0 Norwich City 1  (Read 51543 times)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2016, 03:35:48 PM »
I drink with a Norwich season ticket holder who says Mulla has been really disappointing, a poor version of Tetty is how he describes him  :-\
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2016, 04:06:44 PM »
4-0
They are on such a bad run, that once we get one the flood gates could open, i suspect Rondon could run riot against Bassong !

Would be just like us to have the kind of run we have had of late and then losing this one.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2016, 04:39:24 PM »
I drink with a Norwich season ticket holder who says Mulla has been really disappointing, a poor version of Tetty is how he describes him  :-\

He's not the player he was a few seasons ago that's for sure.

Norwich will be desperate for something here, I'd like to think though with the form we're in that we will have too much for them. Be nice to enter the top ten with a win here.
the regime don't like it man

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2016, 05:34:37 PM »
The thing is with Mulumbu, he seems to have gotten older with age when he should have reached his peak by now (I think he's 28 years old).

In his first Premier League season under Di Matteo he was genuinely class, 7 goals and loads of great defensive performances with high energy. The next few seasons weren't as good, but mostly because it would have been hard to match such quality. Then after a few more seasons he became very average and wasn't on cheap wages either.

It's a shame, it's almost like his style of play has lead him to burn out earlier as a player. You could never question his desire but he seems to unfortunately be one of those players who declines earlier than most, because there's no way Dorrans should be ahead of him.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2016, 05:45:26 PM »
The thing is with Mulumbu, he seems to have gotten older with age when he should have reached his peak by now (I think he's 28 years old).

In his first Premier League season under Di Matteo he was genuinely class, 7 goals and loads of great defensive performances with high energy. The next few seasons weren't as good, but mostly because it would have been hard to match such quality. Then after a few more seasons he became very average and wasn't on cheap wages either.

It's a shame, it's almost like his style of play has lead him to burn out earlier as a player. You could never question his desire but he seems to unfortunately be one of those players who declines earlier than most, because there's no way Dorrans should be ahead of him.

Is he a Robert millar, older than claimed? He is from the DR Congo I think, one of the most ungoverned places on the planet?
Albion Family !!!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Tickets for Norwich City £8 first come first serve !
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2016, 10:28:57 AM »
I work for the foundation but still buy 2 season tickets , this deal is about helping out the Foundation , the club isn't taking a penny from the tickets.

My post was tongue in cheek not meant to be taken seriously....that's the problem with posts on a forum I guess it's hard to judge the intent behind the comment.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2016, 10:44:37 AM »
Our next game then. no excuses about being tired. still gutted we aint in the cup, what an opportuinty
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2016, 01:29:42 PM »
Hopefully Evans will be fully fit for this and back alongside McAuley.

I think I would start Morrison on the bench (if he is fit) and look to give him maybe 20 mins if we are ahead and comfortable.

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2016, 03:52:31 PM »
Thanks for this, just ordered myself one  :)

Does the ticket get delivered to my address or do I have to pick it up from the  WBA Sports Hall before 1230pm on the day of the match?

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2016, 04:13:34 PM »
Thanks for this, just ordered myself one  :)

Does the ticket get delivered to my address or do I have to pick it up from the  WBA Sports Hall before 1230pm on the day of the match?

From the site :

Tickets will need to be collected from the WBA Sports Hall, Halfords Lane, West Bromwich (situated next to Sandwell Academy and WBA Academy Building) on the day of the fixture. Tickets will need to be collected by 12:30pm.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2016, 04:24:06 PM »

I think I would start Morrison on the bench (if he is fit) and look to give him maybe 20 mins if we are ahead and comfortable.

i asked Morrison before the Man Utd match when he would be back - he thought 3 weeks but that may not be match fit, I would expect to see him in the bench for Sunderland away :(

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2016, 04:37:37 PM »

Expect Evans to come in at left back with Brunt a long term absentee.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2016, 06:44:56 PM »
i said we would beat Man Ure but i think Norwich will have alot of desire for this 2-3 Norwich, they do need to win this

I know that they have to win but they have a major problem scoring goals particularly away from home, so I cant see them scoring 3 against us. 2-0 baggies

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2016, 09:17:04 PM »
Expect Evans to come in at left back with Brunt a long term absentee.

I really hope not. Evans should play where he is most effective and that's in the middle. Chester had a great game at left back against United (and was also good at right back) and I see no reason to change it especially after the way he has performed since coming into the side against Everton. If Dawson is injured I'd play Chester at right back and Pocognoli at left back with Evans in the middle with McAuley. Olsson dropped to the bench.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2016, 10:00:06 PM »
I really hope not. Evans should play where he is most effective and that's in the middle. Chester had a great game at left back against United (and was also good at right back) and I see no reason to change it especially after the way he has performed since coming into the side against Everton. If Dawson is injured I'd play Chester at right back and Pocognoli at left back with Evans in the middle with McAuley. Olsson dropped to the bench.
same here, chester has grown in confidence so just imagine the setback to him if he's dropped for no reason.

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2016, 10:39:40 PM »
From the site :

Tickets will need to be collected from the WBA Sports Hall, Halfords Lane, West Bromwich (situated next to Sandwell Academy and WBA Academy Building) on the day of the fixture. Tickets will need to be collected by 12:30pm.

Yes mate, I saw that but when I paid it asked for a delivery address, so was unsure.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2016, 10:53:11 PM »

I wouldn't have Poco near the team, but I would also prefer Evans to displace Olsson, I just don't think he will.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2016, 12:06:45 AM »
Is he a Robert millar, older than claimed? He is from the DR Congo I think, one of the most ungoverned places on the planet?

Possibly, but I think he genuinely looks his age.

I think Somen Tychoi however was definitely similar to Kanu in terms of age though if we're going to do there  ;)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2016, 09:17:45 AM »
I wouldn't have Poco near the team, but I would also prefer Evans to displace Olsson, I just don't think he will.
I thought Poco did okay against Utd ...he has been poor in the cup games though. He stuck to his job well and put in a good cross for Rondon's goal, but more importantly for me he remained calm with a good cushioned header back to Foster right at the death rather than just a wild hoof back up the pitch. Personally I hope Dawson is fit and Chester starts at left back but I wouldn't mind Poco starting there if Chester is at right back.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2016, 12:38:02 PM »
If Evans is fit I'd slot him in alongside McAuley and leave Chester in.
What was the extent of Dawsons injury, anybody know?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2016, 07:31:13 PM »
So you wouldn't have a player anywhere near the team. who if he hadn't been on the pitch against Man Ure we wouldn't have got the 3 points, because I can tell you now we'd have been waiting months for Chester to put a cross of any real note in.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2016, 08:34:42 AM »
So you wouldn't have a player anywhere near the team. who if he hadn't been on the pitch against Man Ure we wouldn't have got the 3 points, because I can tell you now we'd have been waiting months for Chester to put a cross of any real note in.

A bit unfair on Chester I think. Perhaps his role is not as an overlapping fullback, more to give the ball to the wide midfielder and let them do the forward play? I don't know. I did notice that against Man Utd Chester was always the last defender at corners and other set pieces...so maybe he'd been asked to stay defensive?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2016, 09:20:03 AM »
Looking forward to this, 2 weeks rest for the players, pretty much safe, samba football
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2016, 10:30:58 AM »
A bit unfair on Chester I think. Perhaps his role is not as an overlapping fullback, more to give the ball to the wide midfielder and let them do the forward play? I don't know. I did notice that against Man Utd Chester was always the last defender at corners and other set pieces...so maybe he'd been asked to stay defensive?

Quite likely given he is the only one at the back with any pace and youngest so likely best stamina
Albion Family !!!

baggy74

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2016, 04:12:43 PM »
Thanks to everyone who supported this initiative, these tickets are now SOLD OUT 😀

If you are interested as to the sort of work we do at the Foundation please see this video of our free Easter festival for SEN/disabled children

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht1opOdc2Zo