Author Topic: Ahmed Hegazi leaves for Al-Ittihad  (Read 243983 times)

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Ahmed Hegazi
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2017, 07:47:08 PM »
Quietly optimistic on this one, think he will really suit our system. The Egyptians seem to love him and think he would already be playing at a high level if it wasn't for the two bad knee injuries.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2017, 08:08:02 PM »
Never heard of the chap, nor have I seen him play but good to see we are addressing areas where we are short relatively quickly, with the additions of Hegazi and Rodriguez.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2017, 08:15:15 PM »
"Hegazi jetted in from Cairo to complete his deal before swiftly heading to Hong Kong where he joined Albion's squad on duty at the Premier League Asia Trophy.

Albion will need international clearance for Hegazi to play in the tournament, which they open on Wednesday with their semi-final challenge against Leicester City".

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2017/july/albion-complete-hegazi-loan-deal/
Thank SmethDan. Hopefuly international clearance won't be an issue.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2017, 09:10:51 PM »
have you actually read the other posts? haven't seen anything that doesn't welcome the player or posters not encouraged by the signing .
Wasn't referring to this thread in particular mate, but since you mention it where are the normal "welcomes"for a new incoming player?.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2017, 09:27:19 PM »
Wasn't referring to this thread in particular mate, but since you mention it where are the normal "welcomes"for a new incoming player?.
sorry I misunderstood your post, I thought many had welcomed him in this topic.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2017, 10:25:08 PM »

Welcome to the club Ahmed and good luck :D

Welcome to the club, hope you can break into first team, personally with pulis in charge think you might struggle. Any good as a left back?

Seems like a low-risk and sensible piece of business - still hope there is a first choice CB on the way, but look forward to seeing what this chap can add. Welcome to the club!

Welcome to the Baggies

Welcome to the club Ahmed

Looking forward to seeing him in action, read lots of good reports about him so fingers crossed he comes good

Thinking left field for players again , leaves money for other areas too.
Pleased  and look forward to seeing him play , Welcome!

Welcome to the Baggies Ahmed & here's to a happy partnership for all.

Welcome to the club Ahmed, let's all hope you go on to become a Baggies legend! COYB.

Bigrob80

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2017, 10:33:46 PM »
Welcome to the baggies Ahmed!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2017, 11:08:11 PM »
Welcome to the Baggies Ahmed  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2017, 08:17:56 AM »
Come to the well, Ahmed

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2017, 08:21:27 AM »
Welcome to the Baggies Ahmed!!!!

Got a good feeling about this signing.

MAGA!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2017, 08:31:06 AM »
Welcome to the Baggies Ahmed!!!!

Got a good feeling about this signing.

Really? I believe he will be another El Ghannasy.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2017, 09:03:16 AM »

in what terms do you think that?

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2017, 09:40:43 AM »

And what is your logic behind that?

MAGA!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2017, 09:51:31 AM »
Could be a Shelton Martens, could be a Johnny Evans either way it's an interesting signing and one which breaks out of the stale mould we were becoming entrenched in, I welcome if for that alone.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2017, 10:38:23 AM »
This is very similar to the Fazio affair, people question their pace but the whole idea of the signing is that we play so deep that pace is not an issue and defending whats in front of you, reading the game, tackling and heading is the reason for the signing. If we played a high line then no this is not the right signing but as we play very deep he will be perfect imo.
Gera, Gera, Gera

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2017, 11:14:35 AM »
This is very similar to the Fazio affair, people question their pace but the whole idea of the signing is that we play so deep that pace is not an issue and defending whats in front of you, reading the game, tackling and heading is the reason for the signing. If we played a high line then no this is not the right signing but as we play very deep he will be perfect imo.

I agree re the profile of the defender, Fazio would have suited us. I also echo what others have said about dipping into a different market to search for some value and furthermore he is at a good age as an individual but more importantly for our squad too.

My cousin is a football agent and I asked his analyst what his thoughts were on him; he described him as average and thought it would be too much of a step up and was surprised on the data he had available that we went for him. He did temper it by saying that he has had good games and that the injures did clearly effect him for some time.

Overall, I am pleased with the move though. I trust the club and applaud that we are trying to find value in other markets. We have a good core of Premier League experience so feel there is scope for us to do this more often. The structure of the deal is also smart from our point of view.

desertbaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2017, 01:04:15 PM »
The thing I'll be looking for is how quick is he. Given his height, his ability in the air should speak for itself, but there's more to defending than just heading long high crosses away. The big criticism of our older defenders is that they can't turn quickly enough and are easily done for pace. That's part of the reason we play so deep.

If we play deep as normal he will be fine (eventually) but if he plays and tries to be clever by bringing the ball out, which I have seen him do sometimes, he could be in trouble.

I do think the speed of the game will take him some time to adapt to, but if Pulis allows a few games to adapt he could be a solid signing. I do think it will be step learning curve for him and there could be a few dramas before he adapts.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2017, 02:08:08 PM »
Welcome to Albion. :)
He played well in the African cup. hope he can do the same in England.
£3.5m would be a bargain if he play well this season.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:10:59 PM by koren »
The PRIDE of midlands

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2017, 02:25:06 PM »

I agree. McAuley is old and slow, it doesn't really matter as our style is so deep. Same thing happened with Lescott, he looked great for us but then went to Villa where they played a higher line and he looked woeful. I imagine if McAuley played for any other team in the division he would look horrible, but our style suits him very well.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2017, 03:17:37 PM »
I agree. McAuley is old and slow, it doesn't really matter as our style is so deep. Same thing happened with Lescott, he looked great for us but then went to Villa where they played a higher line and he looked woeful. I imagine if McAuley played for any other team in the division he would look horrible, but our style suits him very well.

I dont think he is that slow personally.

Infact last season I saw him on a number of occasions show a turn of pace I didnt expect of him

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2017, 03:52:49 PM »
I'd say more slow off the mark than slow. If he is robbed of the ball the opponent is usually away from him, he can get up a decent lick of speed when he gets going but sadly the ball can be in our net by then.

Beefy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2017, 01:23:30 PM »
Considering this was his first performance with his new team mates he has had a great debut,
uses both feet, great in the air, not rapid but far from slow as some have said
Could be a gem this one  :P

mrvulgarity

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2017, 02:42:17 PM »
Considering this was his first performance with his new team mates he has had a great debut,
uses both feet, great in the air, not rapid but far from slow as some have said
Could be a gem this one  :P

I agree, that was a quality performance considering he only linked up with the team very recently

I'm happy with that!!

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2017, 02:48:00 PM »
I was impressed by his passing out from the back, always found a player, a welcome change from seeing us lump it out to nobody. Defended well when facing the attacker but struggled with balls over the top.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2017, 02:48:57 PM »
Good performance from him, I think he and Evans could become quite formidable. I like the fact that when he gets the ball he is immediately looking to distribute. He fizzed one down the left in the second half and I thought it was wasted, but he found his man nicely.

Quite pleased with that.
MAGA!