Author Topic: 16 Mar 2024 Albion 2 Bristol City 0  (Read 6507 times)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #200 on: March 16, 2024, 11:01:09 PM »
M'Vila could be the missing piece when subbing Yokusulu off. As for TGH, he was always like that with us. He picks up way too many silly yellows. One of the main reasons he'd probably struggle in the Premier League.

TGH will never see the Premier League, let’s be honest. Much like Sam Field, we made the right decision to let him go, not good enough for where we are looking to be, all four of our central midfielders in the squad, as well as Molumby, are better than him.

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #201 on: March 16, 2024, 11:05:27 PM »
Nope, done so four times this season, most recently the two 1-0s against Norwich and Leeds at home between Christmas and New Year! Our best run this season was 3 wins in a row around the end of October.

With this win, we're now on our longest unbeaten run this season (6 games:  4W, 2D).

Thanks for the stats. I thought I had heard it was our first but more important is that we are on our longest unbeaten run just at the right time at the business end of the season

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #202 on: March 16, 2024, 11:22:23 PM »
TGH will never see the Premier League, let’s be honest. Much like Sam Field, we made the right decision to let him go, not good enough for where we are looking to be, all four of our central midfielders in the squad, as well as Molumby, are better than him.

Whilst I fundamentally don't disagree if you have the choice of bringing on Field/TGh or Chalobah/ Reach I know where I would.go but we can only the faith

Looking down on Field and TGH for playing for inferior teams is not fair to me

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2024, 09:11:23 AM »
Another good 3 points in a game where we never really got going but ultimately didn't have to.
Furlong and Townsend both put in really good performances but Johnston was MoM for me.
As someone has already said; we scored at really good times. Fellows strike was well taken and great assist by Townsend for the second with Wallace taking a great position for the tap in.
Agree that TGH could have been sent off....maybe should have been sent off.
Anyone know what was said to Palmer when he was setting up to take the free kick at the end? Furlong was annoyed by it too.

We heard someone at the front of the East Stand shout ‘Just F’ing kick the ball!’ Really loudly when Palmer was lining up to take the free kick that was the last kick of the game. So was probably something to do with that.

A few people have mentioned similar on Twitter: (https://x.com/wba_frenchie/status/1769058777980973522?s=46&t=MBT2fxXFGpVqJja3oab1ew)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2024, 09:49:42 AM »

We heard someone at the front of the East Stand shout ‘Just F’ing kick the ball!’ Really loudly when Palmer was lining up to take the free kick that was the last kick of the game. So was probably something to do with that.

A few people have mentioned similar on Twitter: (https://x.com/wba_frenchie/status/1769058777980973522?s=46&t=MBT2fxXFGpVqJja3oab1ew)

It's something of nothing really. Furlong was first to react and he shouldn't have to be honest. People in the stands will shout things they're not all going to sit there in absolute silence for ninety minutes. Furlong should just ignore it unless it's something serious that crosses a line. In this case there appears to be little to no suggestion of that.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #205 on: March 17, 2024, 10:38:25 AM »
It's something of nothing really. Furlong was first to react and he shouldn't have to be honest. People in the stands will shout things they're not all going to sit there in absolute silence for ninety minutes. Furlong should just ignore it unless it's something serious that crosses a line. In this case there appears to be little to no suggestion of that.

Yes, players must ignore this inane stuff even though I’m sure it annoys them.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #206 on: March 17, 2024, 06:13:12 PM »

Whilst I fundamentally don't disagree if you have the choice of bringing on Field/TGh or Chalobah/ Reach I know where I would.go but we can only the faith

A little off topic but my personal belief is that Chalobah was originally purchased as a partner for Yokusulu. Overall, he didn't do enough so they tried to move him on in the summer. That failed so we got rid of TGH who was the only one of him, Chalobah, and Reach who was willing to go.

That's why I think we bought in M'Villa after Molumby got injured (as a sub for Yokusulu) as Chalobah wasn't consistent enough.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #207 on: March 17, 2024, 07:16:01 PM »
A little off topic but my personal belief is that Chalobah was originally purchased as a partner for Yokusulu. Overall, he didn't do enough so they tried to move him on in the summer. That failed so we got rid of TGH who was the only one of him, Chalobah, and Reach who was willing to go.

That's why I think we bought in M'Villa after Molumby got injured (as a sub for Yokusulu) as Chalobah wasn't consistent enough.

I think you are probably right. Chalobah hasn't done well generally. He's had the odd moment where he's shown he has talent but, as you say, he's just not consistent enough

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #208 on: March 17, 2024, 07:34:30 PM »

I have to say I didn’t see anything from TGH yesterday that would make me regret letting him go .
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #209 on: March 17, 2024, 07:44:12 PM »
I have to say I didn’t see anything from TGH yesterday that would make me regret letting him go .

He didn't have a good game but he's in an inferior team currently so it's not fair to compare playing with OY and Mowatt etc than with the BC midfielders.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #210 on: March 17, 2024, 07:49:38 PM »
If he was that good  wouldn’t he stand out in that midfield ? ……He didn’t !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #211 on: March 17, 2024, 07:49:50 PM »

No, me neither. He’s a hard working average player. Nothing special and suffers from a lack of discipline too.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #212 on: March 17, 2024, 07:51:42 PM »
If he was that good  wouldn’t he stand out in that midfield ? ……He didn’t !

Not always, i think their midfield was just too poor overall

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #213 on: March 17, 2024, 09:41:46 PM »

To a point, I agree. But it's still too early to judge. That said, Fellows, Ferguson etc made a bigger impact at the same age.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #214 on: March 18, 2024, 09:02:36 AM »
TGH looked out of his depth at times and that was the reason for the fouls he was committing. and that is out of his depth against us who were in second gear for most of the game.

interestingly on radio wm on the way home the reporters and host were hinting at attitude problems with him that were happening before he left us.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #215 on: March 18, 2024, 09:20:59 AM »
TGH looked out of his depth at times and that was the reason for the fouls he was committing. and that is out of his depth against us who were in second gear for most of the game.

interestingly on radio wm on the way home the reporters and host were hinting at attitude problems with him that were happening before he left us.

Pretty sure this was raised on his own thread when he was still with us. That and comments attributed to members of his family online too from memory.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #216 on: March 18, 2024, 10:27:23 AM »
Not always, i think their midfield was just too poor overall

I mean with a 35 year old Andy King in there, who was always peripheral with Leicester in his pomp, they were always going to struggle, but TGH had no influence on the game save for us letting him ping one from long range which we should know is his strength.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2024, 10:51:43 AM »
Pretty sure this was raised on his own thread when he was still with us. That and comments attributed to members of his family online too from memory.

i remember this, didn't or doesn't a family member run a twitter account looking at analytics of albion or something

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #218 on: March 18, 2024, 12:42:21 PM »

Yes, Daz Hale on WM hinted at a big time charlie attitude when he was with Albion.