Author Topic: 16 Mar 2024 Albion 2 Bristol City 0  (Read 6948 times)

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: In Game Chat
« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2024, 04:55:48 PM »
This ref has been awful.

We've got more YC's than them

Agreed. Abysmal

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2024, 04:56:37 PM »
Furlong given MOTM by AJ

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2024, 04:57:25 PM »
FT 2-0  :)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2024, 04:57:33 PM »
FT 2-0 :)

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2024, 04:57:45 PM »

Agreed. Abysmal

He just never inspired any confidence. And it’s been a relatively simple game to officiate.

You’d hope that time would be spent analysing his performance so that he can learn and improve.

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2024, 04:59:34 PM »
Another excellent three points in spite of a below par performance.
👏
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #181 on: March 16, 2024, 05:00:27 PM »
Wolves lost we win comfortable 3 points, 8 points clear what a day. Last we Time before an international break was Stoke in November 2022 Carlos's first win I believe
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #182 on: March 16, 2024, 05:02:12 PM »
Not a great game but we got the job done and scored at good moments.

Johnston again made a difference with his driving runs and incisiveness, it was a very nice finish from Fellows on his “wrong” foot for the opener, and - although I am a very long way from being his biggest fan - Townsend had a very tidy second half, especially going forward, and laid on the second goal for the Wallace tap in.

Bristol City were weak -  a really watery performance from them.

We were good enough, and that’ll do for now.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2024, 05:02:25 PM »
Not a vintage performance but delighted with the 3 points and we deserved them overall.

We played most of the match in 2nd gear and totally dominated them but in fairness they are a bang average Champo side a few mini-levels below us.

When we got into 3rd gear it was like watching a training session where Bristol couldn't get the ball back.

Pieters the only real stinker of a performance. He's spent. Grady did some good stuff and some dreadful stuff. Everyone else ok, 6 out of 10's throughout in the main.

Nice to see M'Vila get a run out for 15 minutes. He will need minutes going forward to shake off the rust as we head into the final 8+3 playoff games hopefully. Don't want to have to rely on him when he's got zero minutes played for the season.

Surprised that TGH didn't get a red, he deserved 2 yellows for me but the referees are abysmal in this league.

Onto Millwall.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2024, 05:05:46 PM »
Just as well our defence is pretty solid, as we didn't create a lot going forward. Pleased to see Townsend for once deliver the right sort of cross to set up second goal.  A good case of getting a result when we're not at our best.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2024, 05:07:41 PM »
First half we were very passive and with our first bit of penetration Fellow’s scores, much better performance second half and once Jed scored second it’s all about game management.

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2024, 05:08:47 PM »
Not a vintage performance but delighted with the 3 points and we deserved them overall.

We played most of the match in 2nd gear and totally dominated them but in fairness they are a bang average Champo side a few mini-levels below us.

When we got into 3rd gear it was like watching a training session where Bristol couldn't get the ball back.

Pieters the only real stinker of a performance. He's spent. Grady did some good stuff and some dreadful stuff. Everyone else ok, 6 out of 10's throughout in the main.

Nice to see M'Vila get a run out for 15 minutes. He will need minutes going forward to shake off the rust as we head into the final 8+3 playoff games hopefully. Don't want to have to rely on him when he's got zero minutes played for the season.

Surprised that TGH didn't get a red, he deserved 2 yellows for me but the referees are abysmal in this league.

Onto Millwall.

Very fair summary Gaz.

Ref standards are low generally in England IMO - as fans w’re never going to be happy unless every decision goes our way, but this chap truly looked out of his depth.

Whether short of confidence or what I’m not sure, but he never seemed fully in control of what was happening in front of him and made erratic disciplinary judgements.

If most of our players were a 6, he was a 3. Disappointing.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2024, 05:10:19 PM »
Stroll in the park performance. Both fullbacks had a good game and love the ball control by Johnston who just coast's away from tight positions with ease.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2024, 05:11:12 PM »
Very fair summary Gaz.

Ref standards are low generally in England IMO - as fans w’re never going to be happy unless every decision goes our way, but this chap truly looked out of his depth.

Whether short of confidence or what I’m not sure, but he never seemed fully in control of what was happening in front of him and made erratic disciplinary judgements.

If most of our players were a 6, he was a 3. Disappointing.

YEah it wasn't a difficult game to officiate really but he got half the main calls wrong for me or it felt like that anyway. TGH deserved 2 yellows.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #189 on: March 16, 2024, 05:14:32 PM »
Even at Non League there awful
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #190 on: March 16, 2024, 05:46:21 PM »
Is this the first time this season we have won back to back league games? Hopefully the break will do the lads good and maybe get a couple back into the frame. Some of our football is a joy , reference to the second goal but sometimes we do make it hard for ourselves with silly mistakes. I feel that when Okay goes off we always seem to lose that “nous” , he is the glue. Furlong played well today and have to say Townsend was decent. Football was controlled and another clean sheet at home.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2024, 06:40:36 PM »
Comfortable win all in all today, as soon as we got the first I never feared for us, we are so good when it comes to controlling a game once we are in the lead under CC. Thought the first half was a bit tepid and we never really got going but took the lead and then we put together some really nice passages of play in the second half, with MJ being the difference maker for us again. Furlong and Townsend both played well today I felt and hopefully maintain those levels moving forward and it was nice to see M’Vila get a run out as he may be very important in the next couple of months as the most natural replacement for Okay.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #192 on: March 16, 2024, 07:05:21 PM »
Totally comfortable today in my opinion. I really like the look of M’Vila who can certainly play. Was good to see him get minutes. Johnston made some very telling contributions without scoring for a change!

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #193 on: March 16, 2024, 07:14:08 PM »
Is this the first time this season we have won back to back league games?

Nope, done so four times this season, most recently the two 1-0s against Norwich and Leeds at home between Christmas and New Year! Our best run this season was 3 wins in a row around the end of October.

With this win, we're now on our longest unbeaten run this season (6 games:  4W, 2D).
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill
WestBromwichAlbion

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #194 on: March 16, 2024, 07:34:44 PM »
Another good 3 points in a game where we never really got going but ultimately didn't have to.
Furlong and Townsend both put in really good performances but Johnston was MoM for me.
As someone has already said; we scored at really good times. Fellows strike was well taken and great assist by Townsend for the second with Wallace taking a great position for the tap in.
Agree that TGH could have been sent off....maybe should have been sent off.
Anyone know what was said to Palmer when he was setting up to take the free kick at the end? Furlong was annoyed by it too.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #195 on: March 16, 2024, 07:53:09 PM »
Is this the first time this season we have won back to back league games? Hopefully the break will do the lads good and maybe get a couple back into the frame. Some of our football is a joy , reference to the second goal but sometimes we do make it hard for ourselves with silly mistakes. I feel that when Okay goes off we always seem to lose that “nous” , he is the glue. Furlong played well today and have to say Townsend was decent. Football was controlled and another clean sheet at home.
You notice Okay most when he's not there, like the man on the stairs.

We were a bit lazy towards the end, just as well they couldn't shoot for toffee.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #196 on: March 16, 2024, 08:27:44 PM »
Comfortable win never really in any doubt. Bristol were very negative until the last 15 or so minutes. Townsend MoM for me and Bristols centre backs bot well in the running for moaner of the season award . TGH probably lucky not to see red after an early deliberate handball went unpunished.
M’Vila looked a player even in a very brief cameo, made a couple of solid challenges as well as playing a couple of decent passes , could well be useful over the last 8 games
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #197 on: March 16, 2024, 08:50:57 PM »
Comfortable win never really in any doubt. Bristol were very negative until the last 15 or so minutes. Townsend MoM for me and Bristols centre backs bot well in the running for moaner of the season award . TGH probably lucky not to see red after an early deliberate handball went unpunished.
M’Vila looked a player even in a very brief cameo, made a couple of solid challenges as well as playing a couple of decent passes , could well be useful over the last 8 games

M'Vila could be the missing piece when subbing Yokusulu off. As for TGH, he was always like that with us. He picks up way too many silly yellows. One of the main reasons he'd probably struggle in the Premier League.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #198 on: March 16, 2024, 09:03:57 PM »
Didn't really get out of first gear first half. We were really good second half till we got a bit sloppy last fifteen minutes or so.

Our wingers have really transformed this team. Fellows with another good goal today. Johnston may not have scored or claimed an assist today but he was magnificent today, his best performance in an Albion shirt.

Three points and that Dingles result. This is what I call a good Saturday.  ;D

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #199 on: March 16, 2024, 09:46:49 PM »
Didn't really get out of first gear first half. We were really good second half till we got a bit sloppy last fifteen minutes or so.

Our wingers have really transformed this team. Fellows with another good goal today. Johnston may not have scored or claimed an assist today but he was magnificent today, his best performance in an Albion shirt.

Three points and that Dingles result. This is what I call a good Saturday.  ;D

Johnston surpassed all expectations and then some. Teams will now be doubling up on him as a tactic which enables Townsend to run in and whip it in finding spaces hopefully