Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2535175 times)

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #825 on: September 28, 2014, 07:21:38 PM »
Carry on like this between now and January and he will be off for £20million to one of the big boys.

30 million if wellbeck goes for 16.
Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #826 on: September 28, 2014, 07:33:34 PM »
If it wasn't for the fact England under 21's have their play off's in a couple of weeks, he'd almost certainly be in the next England squad. Hopefully he keeps up this form as he'll certainly be in the squad come November if he keeps this up.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #827 on: September 28, 2014, 07:39:12 PM »
If we provide him with chances then he will score goals in this division - his second goal today was a terrific finish. I didn't catch his first but it seemed like he had the predatory strikers instincts of being in the right place at the right time. I thought the Berahino on the pitch last season seemed like a player who had been rewarded with his new contract and then proceeded to strut along with the billy big time attitude. I don't know whether it is the coaching staff or the slap that Morrison gave him but he has been a different player over the summer this year. He looks in good shape, he's working very hard whether playing upfront on his own or occupying the wing and he seems happy and enjoying his football.

As it currently stands, he deserves to be the lone striker, Anichebe and our all time record signing are going to have to fight bloody hard in training and take the chance when it comes along because at the minute the shirt is Saido's.

Furthermore, we keep hearing about the good work of the academy and I guess we can now put Saido Berahino down as a big success.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #828 on: September 28, 2014, 10:27:48 PM »

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

johhnybaggies 4life

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #829 on: September 28, 2014, 11:01:50 PM »
Got a pic with him aswell:p told him he should be on the phone to hodgson
Stick Together Through Thick And Thin

johhnybaggies 4life

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #830 on: September 28, 2014, 11:21:12 PM »
This lad has been emense! If he played for arsenal or any other big team everyone would be going mad lad like they did about januzai (who I think is extremely overrated)he needs to play for the countries first team next to sturridge with sterling! We'd murder the opposition, let's start getting him the recognition he badly deserves! Let's start a chant! "Saido for England! Duh duh duh duh duh" and over again!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #831 on: September 28, 2014, 11:27:57 PM »
This lad has been emense! If he played for arsenal or any other big team everyone would be going mad lad like they did about januzai (who I think is extremely overrated)he needs to play for the countries first team next to sturridge with sterling! We'd murder the opposition, let's start getting him the recognition he badly deserves! Let's start a chant! "Saido for England! Duh duh duh duh duh" and over again!

Singing that never worked for Houlty, who was at the time easily in the top four English keepers.

Hodgson knows all about Berahino so will call him up when he sees fit.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #832 on: September 28, 2014, 11:30:18 PM »
tbh, i would rather he stays away from all the Johnny big times and stays hungry as long as possible
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

johhnybaggies 4life

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #833 on: September 28, 2014, 11:30:46 PM »
Giving him the support will boost his confidence though I got a pic with him today and told him he needs to playing for England and he said "yA think so"
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:46:37 AM by Quakes Fan »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #834 on: September 29, 2014, 08:20:02 AM »
Its time he got a full England call up
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #835 on: September 29, 2014, 08:45:07 AM »
Giving him the support will boost his confidence though I got a pic with him today and told him he needs to playing for England and he said "yA think so"

Doesn't surprise me hes someone that wouldn't be much fun to have in your company im sure, However must good strikers are arrogant and if he keeps doing the business on the pitch for us i don't really care tbh, Hes movement is first class and hes hold up play is getting better by the game also looks fitter and that's made him a few notches sharper.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #836 on: September 29, 2014, 09:19:23 AM »
The more I watch him playing upfront the more he reminds me or an early Jermaine Defoe.

Not the tallest, but gets in behind the defence and his runs are quite clever.

His 2nd goal yesterday was brilliant, started his run then curved it to avoid being offside followed by a first time finish.

Keep playing the lad up front and he will score goals.

Dont know if anyone saw the stat on MOTD2 last night, but think it was something like 14 goals in 22 starts (44 appearances) and 9 goals in 11 games for Under 21s or something? If that was a top 6 english striker we would be raving about him!

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #837 on: September 29, 2014, 01:41:20 PM »
For Dawsons goal there keeper was too busy trying to push Saido away from himself than intercepting  the ball & again for Saido 1st,before the corner was taken he was pushing Saido then went to the ball leaving him in free space for a simply headi-in " Saido stepped back a yard helped create that to"

This work was paramount in the opening goals as we didn't look like scoring from open play up to that point.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #838 on: September 29, 2014, 09:59:16 PM »
Its time he got a full England call up

I'm not quite so sure. I don't think he's that good yet. He could be the next Defoe, but if we rush him, he could go back to thinking he's a superstar again and loose all the progress he's made.

RuncornBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #839 on: September 29, 2014, 10:13:26 PM »
I'm not quite so sure. I don't think he's that good yet. He could be the next Defoe, but if we rush him, he could go back to thinking he's a superstar again and loose all the progress he's made.

As much as he has had a good start to the season, I don't yet think that he deserves an England call up.  A little premature for me.  Give him until the end of this season (Until Christmas at least) and ten see how he is. 

Look how his performances dipped when he got the new deal.  I feel that they may dip again if he got that call.  I hope that he gets the call eventually........but not just yet.
Heyyyyyyy, Tim Sherwood, Oooh, Aahh, I wanna knowwww..........Why you're such a.............

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #840 on: September 29, 2014, 10:55:42 PM »
When we signed all the defenders in the transfer window, I thought we would really struggle without any new proven goalscorers coming in. Although we got Ideye in, who hasn't really shown anything yet, and we know Anichebe has a very low goals to games ratio, Berahino can get us enough goals to keep us up. Let's hope he is more consistent than last season, when he drifted out of games. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #841 on: October 02, 2014, 11:34:01 AM »
Not made it then :(
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #842 on: October 02, 2014, 11:42:41 AM »
Not made it then :(

Good.
As soon as he plays for England, scores a couple, we won't be able to hang onto him.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #843 on: October 02, 2014, 11:43:10 AM »
Better to be in the U21's and play than sat on the bench for the senior squad plus the U21 game is a more important game

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #844 on: October 02, 2014, 11:46:32 AM »
Better to be in the U21's and play than sat on the bench for the senior squad plus the U21 game is a more important game

Exactly that. Much better getting game time for development
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #845 on: October 02, 2014, 11:58:21 AM »
It's a strong Under 21 squad with Chambers and Shaw also included, exactly how it should be. Make sure we qualify for the tournament and then every Under 21 player should be available for it in the Summer.

Berahino needed a lot more in the Under 21 game than against San Marino where he would only come off the bench for 10 minutes or so.

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #846 on: October 02, 2014, 12:05:05 PM »
He should be in under 21's like he is as he's not ready for the senior side yet I don't think. He will also develop more like others have said and it's a crucial game.

Gareth Southgate really rates Berahino and I knew he wouldn't be called up for a game against San Marino who I could get a hat trick against!  ;D
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

freddy73

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #847 on: October 02, 2014, 01:03:24 PM »
Berahino's going to learn a lot more in the Croatia games, than even 90 mins in a 4-5-6-7 poss 8-0 shots in exercise v San Marino.
In fact every eligible U21 player should be in the U21 squad, Stirling et al.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #848 on: October 02, 2014, 01:05:23 PM »
As Roy has only picked 3 strikers i suspect Saido may be promoted to the senior squad if any of them get injured this weekend or during the first of the internationals.
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #849 on: October 02, 2014, 03:44:52 PM »
I can see Arsenal coming in for him quite soon, he's their kind of player.