Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 779354 times)

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #2075 on: September 27, 2016, 11:04:44 AM »
Will go on for days apparently and more stories will come out regarding other managers, officials and agents.

Imagine if tones name comes out  ;D

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2076 on: September 27, 2016, 12:28:15 PM »
My concern if they get rid of him who's Ne t on the list.......Steve Bruce

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2077 on: September 27, 2016, 01:24:29 PM »
On the brink of being sacked apparently
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2078 on: September 27, 2016, 01:25:43 PM »

In fairness we were already scraping the bottom of the barrel appointing Allardyce.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2079 on: September 27, 2016, 01:41:28 PM »
All this talk from Allardyce about advising the group on how to get around third party ownership and then among the favourites to take over the job if he gets the sack is Alan Pardew who helped bring the issue into the spotlight by signing Tevez and Mascherano when at West Ham  ;D

It truly is pathetic to think we have so few options for the job.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2080 on: September 27, 2016, 01:41:45 PM »
Tony Pulis is the obvious choice :)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2081 on: September 27, 2016, 01:44:41 PM »
All this talk from Allardyce about advising the group on how to get around third party ownership and then among the favourites to take over the job if he gets the sack is Alan Pardew who helped bring the issue into the spotlight by signing Tevez and Mascherano when at West Ham  ;D

It's depressing.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2082 on: September 27, 2016, 01:51:11 PM »

It's becoming exactly like the Mike Bassett film.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2083 on: September 27, 2016, 02:17:18 PM »
Sky say they've seen the list of 8 targeted managers. 6 are English, two are former international managers. Rules Pulis out if true.

wbawill

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2084 on: September 27, 2016, 02:48:55 PM »
Allardyce is obviously an eejit, that's undeniable. However if he does get sacked, he'll have the highest ever win record for an England manager!

From that article, there's a very interesting list of allegations that are yet to come:

"The assistant manager of a high-profile football club accepted a £5,000 cash “bung”
Ten managers were named by players’ agents as taking bribes to fix player transfers
Two well-known managers discussed becoming ambassadors for the same fictitious firm as Sam Allardyce
Another high-profile manager admitted his players broke FA rules by betting on their own games but he failed to report it
A senior figure at a Premier League club helped undercover reporters to formulate a plan to bribe managers"

I really hope that no one from Albion will be involved in that, it would be hugely damaging.

Definitely my favourite bit however: "On Prince Harry:

“Harry’s a naughty boy. He’s a very naughty boy, very naughty. He shows his bottom and all sorts.”  ;D

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2085 on: September 27, 2016, 02:56:14 PM »
going to put my tin hat on now and suggest the FA reinstate hoddle,he had us purring if memory serves and only got booted over a silly religious issue

reynirver

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2086 on: September 27, 2016, 03:03:28 PM »
Lars Lagerbåck ís availible

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2087 on: September 27, 2016, 03:06:35 PM »
going to put my tin hat on now and suggest the FA reinstate hoddle,he had us purring if memory serves and only got booted over a silly religious issue

I think that saying disabled people did something bad in a previous life is a bit more than a silly religious issue.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2088 on: September 27, 2016, 03:53:52 PM »
What an arrogant tosser this idiot is. Clearly inebriated up, swilling from a pint of lager and trying to hold court acting the big man with people he doesn't know.

Get him out.
I only go for the beer.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2089 on: September 27, 2016, 04:15:59 PM »
I think that saying disabled people did something bad in a previous life is a bit more than a silly religious issue.
No its not if you have an atheist opinion of it,who knows if there's anything after your dead? Anyway money and corruption is far more important than a silly self held belief

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2090 on: September 27, 2016, 04:30:34 PM »
Surely his job is untenable now. The suits at the FA wont want a scandal like that!.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2091 on: September 27, 2016, 04:37:40 PM »
He should be fired for his disrespect towards his peers alone, not to mention the fact when he answered "not any more" in regards to bungs, now that alludes to the fact he's done it in the past.
I only go for the beer.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2092 on: September 27, 2016, 04:59:00 PM »
Has he done anything that really warrants the sack - no matter how stupid his actions have been

He was offered £400,000 to do some after dinner speaking arrangements and presentations - he didn't accept that money - he reiterated that it would need the seal of approval from the FA.

He totally batted off the idea of player bungs - referring to the people as 'stupid' and stating quite clearly that 'they cannot go there'. Nothing wrong with Allardyce there and nothing which warrants the sack.

The bigger issue is the third party issue where he explained how that rule is bypased and that was by quoting examples of players which had been signed. This was the most uncomfortable of the lot.

As for the rest - well, most of it was pretty accurate in his assessment of Hodgson, the players and Wembley.

It was a stupid, naive predicament to end up in but not one which warrants the sack. My, opinions might be different however had Allardyce taken money from the proposed group or encouraged player bungs but he hasn't.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2093 on: September 27, 2016, 05:06:01 PM »
A number of ex pros coming out saying he should be allowed to clear his name and it would be a shame for him to lose his job over non footballing reasons, and I have to say that everyone makes mistakes, it's just that some are costly.

He should lose his job for a number of reasons. He has slated his employers and fellow professionals openly, how can players trust him now? And he has offered advice as to how to break the rules whilst admitting breaking the rules regarding the signing of a player.

Very stupid. What message does it send if the fa do not punish him?

wbawill

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2094 on: September 27, 2016, 05:09:19 PM »
Has he done anything that really warrants the sack - no matter how stupid his actions have been

He was offered £400,000 to do some after dinner speaking arrangements and presentations - he didn't accept that money - he reiterated that it would need the seal of approval from the FA.

He totally batted off the idea of player bungs - referring to the people as 'stupid' and stating quite clearly that 'they cannot go there'. Nothing wrong with Allardyce there and nothing which warrants the sack.

The bigger issue is the third party issue where he explained how that rule is bypased and that was by quoting examples of players which had been signed. This was the most uncomfortable of the lot.

As for the rest - well, most of it was pretty accurate in his assessment of Hodgson, the players and Wembley.

It was a stupid, naive predicament to end up in but not one which warrants the sack. My, opinions might be different however had Allardyce taken money from the proposed group or encouraged player bungs but he hasn't.

He didn't actually receive any of the money but my understanding is that £400k is the amount that was requested by his agent on Allardyce's behalf rather than it just being offered to him. Also he appeared to be offering advice on how to get around the rules more than giving wishy-washy examples. His reaction when giving bungs to players/managers was mentioned showed that he knows where the exact line is, you're right. However, it also showed that he knew full well he was talking to people interested in dodgy dealings and was more focused on ensuring none of it reflected on him than extricating himself from the situation.

Just my opinion, the way the video is edited makes it tough to establish absolute facts. The only thing I'm confident about is it will be an interesting few days!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2095 on: September 27, 2016, 06:05:12 PM »
A number of ex pros coming out saying he should be allowed to clear his name and it would be a shame for him to lose his job over non footballing reasons, and I have to say that everyone makes mistakes, it's just that some are costly.

He should lose his job for a number of reasons. He has slated his employers and fellow professionals openly, how can players trust him now?

Very stupid. What message does it send if the fa do not punish him?

With respect - I'm not sure any of the players will give a toss when BSA selects them next week.

What Allardyce said about the same players is something he - and many others - have repeated for years.

There are managers up and down the country who constantly call out their players every week in the media - Allardyce was regularly lashing out in the media regarding his players at Sunderland and they managed to provide him with the results so I do not think trust is an issue.

His criticisms of the players, Hodgson and Neville was spot on - and repeated by most up and down the country and is certainly not warranting of being sacked.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2096 on: September 27, 2016, 07:10:29 PM »
I think this could be a blessing in disguise if I'm perfectly honest, I don't think clubs like Everton, Southampton, Liverpool etc would hire Allardyce to manage their teams so why the FA deemed him to be the man to take the top job in English football is still beyond me.

I don't think he can keep his position now this has come out, the f.a were very vocal against Blatter and FIFA with the corruption thing and although this isn't corruption it's still very shady business that he's getting him self involved in.  Footballs becoming tarnished with corruption now, too much greed and money around the game, it'l be very interesting to see the fall out from this as by the looks of it the telegraph have a lot stuff on important people that are involved in the English game.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2097 on: September 27, 2016, 07:15:35 PM »
All over Twitter he has resigned. I await the next bombshell tonight as the early editions go to print.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2098 on: September 27, 2016, 07:30:04 PM »
Offered his resignation.

Droitwich Baggie