Michael O'Neill
Gary Megson
Martin O'Neill
Paul Cook
Tony Mowbray
Slaven Bilic
Nigel Pearson
A.N. Other please state

Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 329545 times)

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: New Manager
« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2018, 07:08:34 PM »
I agree and understand. The rest of my assessment is fair enough though. We're not exactly in a position that the managers at the best Championship clubs would be desperate to jump ship to us. Sideways step at the best for Rowett at this point.

I agree with the rest of your assessment. Just don’t think that the town of West Bromich has any bearing on our potential pulling power for managers.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2018, 07:09:35 PM »

Everything on here is an opinion. Read it as such.

Then maybe one day you should try respecting opinions of others instead of trying to shut them down. Give it a go. You might surprise yourself.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2018, 07:12:03 PM »
Then maybe one day you should try respecting opinions of others instead of trying to shut them down. Give it a go. You might surprise yourself.

What you're doing right now you mean? Give it a rest lad.

Anyway who do you think should be our next manager?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Cullompton baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2018, 07:15:38 PM »
hope its not super mick 😭😭
Listened to Talksport on way home from work tonight, Mick was reported to be leaving Ipswich at the end of the season! reporter suggested he would be a good fit for the Baggies
Please Please lets get someone better
From Tividale to the Hawthorns

Cullompton baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2018, 07:17:58 PM »
Her's utopia for me:

Club hero Darren Moore demonstrates that he is a tactically innovative, motivationally outstanding young manager with an attacking ethos. He is appointed as our permanent manager after winning each of the fixtures in Albion's relegation season. In the year that Regis passed Albion continues its commitment to leading the way when it comes to diversity and appointment Moore on a permanent basis.

The fortunes of the club change. Lai decides to invest heavily. We win the championship at a canter scoring over 100 goals with JRod bagging 50.

Season tickets through the roof, we had another deck to the Halfords and the Brummie is extended like the Dortmund home end.

We narrowly miss out on a Champions league place in our first season back, but then secure the league the following year.

We are so popular that Scotland asks us if we can send our reserves to play in the SPL where we then beat Rangers and Celtic to the league with our youth squad.

The UK is taken over by Albion, the government force everyone to wear blue and white stripes and the national anthem is changed to the Lord my Shepherd.

Thats about it.

Love you view on life - but back in the real world!! lol

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2018, 07:18:06 PM »
Someone who isn't a member of the merrygoround of hasbeens & neverbeens who stroll from one job to another leaving a trail of destruction behind them but a nice little top up to the old pension pot.

The first thing we need to do is sack Nick Hammond, his time here has felt similar to the look he has permanently on his face - like you've just swigged some rancid milk.

Dream ticket - Hodgson leaves Palace, Hammond has to leave due to his scrotum going septic, Hodgson installed as Director of Football & a seat on the main board, Dean Smith installed as Head Coach.

I'd also take Pearson as I think he's hard enough to suss out and get rid of the wasters but enough of a players manager to keep the others feeling good.

I want a fresh face with new ideas to eradicate the stench caused by our last two managers who, for different reasons, have zero morality and are both utterly vile human beings.Whoever it is needs to be positive, energetic and lively enough to eradicated the massive shroud of negativity that has engulfed our club since the day Roy & Dan left.
I only go for the beer.

Cullompton baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2018, 07:21:52 PM »
McInnes wouldn’t be the worst option.
My Granny could manage in the SPL and get Aberdeen to the same position

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2018, 07:23:14 PM »
My Granny could manage in the SPL and get Aberdeen to the same position

McInness bothers me, if he was linked but hadn't played here fans heads would explode
I only go for the beer.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2018, 07:23:27 PM »

Blinkered. We would now be safe had Pulis stayed.

Have to agree with this. Pulis is the only coach who could get any type of performance out of this squad of players.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2018, 07:25:12 PM »
Has to be Dean Smith for me, local lad, knows how to play football the right way, has championship experience and has an eye for a player as well.
Gera, Gera, Gera

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2018, 07:25:18 PM »
Have to agree with this. Pulis is the only coach who could get any type of performance out of this squad of players.

He hid it well. He was also utterly desperate to be sacked.
I only go for the beer.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2018, 07:30:33 PM »
He hid it well. He was also utterly desperate to be sacked.

Agree with this as well :D.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2018, 07:33:37 PM »
Sorry have to disagree. Pulis had served his purpose. Should have gone after we reached 40pts last year

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2018, 07:35:18 PM »
Amazing! People want Dean Smith, Graham Potter, even Artetta as been suggested, but people are against McInnes he in my opinion would be a great fit in the championship.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2018, 07:37:24 PM »
Sorry have to disagree. Pulis had served his purpose. Should have gone after we reached 40pts last year

Absolutely agree. Irvine, Pulis, Pardew, all pants.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2018, 07:37:30 PM »
McInness bothers me, if he was linked but hadn't played here fans heads would explode

Agree 100%
Without the previous connection with the club most fans would not consider a manager who was average at best with Bristol City, and has only had some moderate success in the Mickey Mouse league north of the border
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2018, 07:40:16 PM »
Agree 100%
Without the previous connection with the club most fans would not consider a manager who was average at best with Bristol City, and has only had some moderate success in the Mickey Mouse league north of the border

TOTALLY. I do NOT understand the love-in for McInnes.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2018, 07:41:33 PM »
To me there are very few obvious candidates that don't come with some risk. I think many of us seem to want a more interesting appointment though - someone with some youth, some success, and a half decent playing style.

I really, really don't want McCarthy, Pearson etc. I want someone with a bit of drive and passion, not looking for their final pay-check.

For that reason I'd have no objection to McInnes (who is doing a decent job up here to the extent that Rangers did everything they could to get him), Appleton (who must be continuing to mature as he works with more clubs), plus the Potter's and Smith's, any any young coaches who are looking for a role.

Had Giggs been free I'd have been well up for that. If Mowbray fancies a return, I'd be well up for that. Just desperately hope we get someone who hasn't already been brought down by the managerial system and thinks he can actually achieve something with us.

You never know, Moore could be that man.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2018, 07:44:16 PM »
If Harry Houdini had had an affair with the Virgin Mary their love child would not have kept this lot up. 3  wins  in over 40 game s show just how poor we really are. The game has changed the dinosaurs like Pulis. Pardew and others haven't and are still stuck in their time warps
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #144 on: April 02, 2018, 07:45:07 PM »
TOTALLY. I do NOT understand the love-in for McInnes.
Because he is a good Manager who could and would become even better. I have read reports on him from fellow ex players and coaches he as worked with. He gives the kids a chance mixes it with experience and plays Football, that's why.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #145 on: April 02, 2018, 07:48:19 PM »
Re Appleton, I'm still not fully over his use of Giles bloody Barnes in the West Ham game.
I only go for the beer.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #146 on: April 02, 2018, 07:54:17 PM »
Potter's a no go, got a new contract only a few weeks ago.

i know, it's HITC, but the fact remains:
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/03/20/west-brom-linked-graham-potter-signs-new-ostersunds-contract/

I was told that he has a release clause for a job in England built into his new contract

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #147 on: April 02, 2018, 07:58:11 PM »
I was told that he has a release clause for a job in England built into his new contract
His chairman said he would only go to a big club.....given the state we are in I think it's a total non-starter
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #148 on: April 02, 2018, 08:03:23 PM »
Amazing! People want Dean Smith, Graham Potter, even Artetta as been suggested, but people are against McInnes he in my opinion would be a great fit in the championship.

Would you still be calling for McInnes if he hadn't played for us? I just can't understand why anybody would want McInnes as their first choice. He's done nothing in management.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2018, 08:04:53 PM »
If we want Potter, we get him. No disrespect but we could buy that whole club, let alone buy him out of a contract. Massive step up though, even to Championship level. I'd have reservations but compared to the likes of McCarthy and O'Neil, I'd take Potter every day of the week.

Potter is intriguing.  Built a club from nowhere in Sweden to one which does very well in the Europa League.  He clearly has something about him, and as he doesn't have big money to spend, it must be down to his coaching, tactical and motivational skills.  He should not be written off because of where he's been managing.  People on here are talking about Paul Hurst and Dean Smith - Potter has achieved more than them!

Potter and Jokanovic (if Fulham aren't promoted) are the standout candidates, but Silva and Pearson would be fine by me.  Pearson has clearly had stress issues in the past - he should not be castigated for that.  But he built the team which Raineri inherited and took to the title and didn't get enough credit for that.  With Shakespeare alongside him he'd be a very strong candidate.

Just remember that Stoke and Southampton are very likely to be fishing in the same pond as us, and Saints are said to be interested in Potter, while Jokanovic is likely to appeal to both of them.   There would be a lot of mileage in appointing a new man now before they get grabbed by those two clubs, but that would rule out Jokanovic who is play-off bound.