Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 468338 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #1150 on: October 07, 2019, 06:32:27 AM »
Probably a fair few covering for Jake giving the ball away :)

Sawyers has lost possession more often and had more unsuccessful touches than Livermore.

I know this is deeply ingrained but Livermore 3.0 is a significant upgrade on the earlier versions that were running on the old analogue Pulis based platform and fans of the WBA game franchise need to find a new multi purpose gripe.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1151 on: October 07, 2019, 09:47:20 AM »
Sawyers has lost possession more often and had more unsuccessful touches than Livermore.

I know this is deeply ingrained but Livermore 3.0 is a significant upgrade on the earlier versions that were running on the old analogue Pulis based platform and fans of the WBA game franchise need to find a new multi purpose gripe.

Please Stan, please do not use that Americansportspeak,  does my swede in, proper, like!

Many thanks in anticipation
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1152 on: October 07, 2019, 10:38:55 AM »
Stan is bang on the money though...…… :)

Great post
MAGA!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1153 on: October 07, 2019, 10:46:33 AM »
Stan is bang on the money though...…… :)

Great post

Sam is still in the frame though !
Albion Family !!!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1154 on: October 07, 2019, 12:40:09 PM »
Please Stan, please do not use that Americansportspeak,  does my swede in, proper, like!

Many thanks in anticipation

Sorry just paradying video game speak. Chill dude.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1155 on: October 07, 2019, 06:41:32 PM »

Exactly. For some on here they just can’t let it go. I think what we are seeing now is the real Livermore.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1156 on: October 07, 2019, 07:18:50 PM »

Unfortunately what you’ve said above is plain wrong.
-Sawyers has made 704 passes this season, average of 62 per game with a pass completion rate of 92%.
-Livermore has made 462 passes, average of 42 per game with a pass completion of 84%.

Sawyers makes on average 20 passes a game more than Livermore and has a higher pass completion rate. Jake is playing much better this season but he’s not a patch on Romaine and never will be.

Anyone interested can find the player stats here:
https://www.infogol.net/en/team/west-bromwich-albion/168

boingboing1989

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1157 on: October 07, 2019, 07:25:29 PM »
-Sawyers has made 704 passes this season, average of 62 per game with a pass completion rate of 92%.
-Livermore has made 462 passes, average of 42 per game with a pass completion of 84%.

Sawyers makes on average 20 passes a game more than Livermore and has a higher pass completion rate. Jake is playing much better this season but he’s not a patch on Romaine and never will be.

Any stats on how many times Romaine has been dispossessed of the ball as he's done that an awful lot more than Jake Livermore this season. Don't get me wrong Romaine is absolutely brilliant but he needs Livermore doing the dirty work for him. Livermore is another who has been branded 'poor' and will never lose that tag with some people despite being Mr Consistent this season.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1158 on: October 07, 2019, 07:33:13 PM »
He's been Mr Consistent throughout his tenure at the club. Consistently poor.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1159 on: October 07, 2019, 08:10:37 PM »

The quote I was responding to was suggesting that Sawyers was covering for Livermore's loss of possession. The relevant stat is not pass completion but dispossession available on Who Scored Sawyers 1.2 per 90 v Livermore 0.6 per 90.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1160 on: October 07, 2019, 08:12:50 PM »

Not now though. He is quite clearly playing well now.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1161 on: October 07, 2019, 09:40:35 PM »

You would also need to take into account where the passes are made. Livermore has been playing more forward than Sawyers.

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1162 on: October 07, 2019, 09:46:38 PM »

At least you are consistent yourself. Consistently wrong.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1163 on: October 07, 2019, 10:07:13 PM »
As usual with stats there are numerous possible contributing factors. Sawyers will be seen as our play-maker and so teams will be attempting to disrupt his game as much as possible. Stating the obvious the important things is that Livermore and Sawyers are playing well in the heart of the team.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1164 on: October 07, 2019, 10:50:46 PM »

That is simply no longer true.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1165 on: October 07, 2019, 11:16:00 PM »

The quote I was responding to was suggesting that Sawyers was covering for Livermore's loss of possession. The relevant stat is not pass completion but dispossession available on Who Scored Sawyers 1.2 per 90 v Livermore 0.6 per 90.
Surely a stay that needs context, if I attempt 1000 passed and complete 80%, but Jacko attempts 100 and completed 90% is Jacko a better player also if I attempt to pass through the eye of a needle to create match defining situations whereas Jacko simply drops the ball off to a more positive player are the numbers relevant? Let's be honest here Romaine is a far better player technically than Jake and has contributed more to us being where we are, not withstanding that the recent performances from Jake are far better than previously seen
Albion Family !!!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1166 on: October 08, 2019, 01:09:26 AM »
Surely a stay that needs context, if I attempt 1000 passed and complete 80%, but Jacko attempts 100 and completed 90% is Jacko a better player also if I attempt to pass through the eye of a needle to create match defining situations whereas Jacko simply drops the ball off to a more positive player are the numbers relevant? Let's be honest here Romaine is a far better player technically than Jake and has contributed more to us being where we are, not withstanding that the recent performances from Jake are far better than previously seen

I am not even trying to argue the case that Livermore is better than Sawyers all I am saying is that Sawyers is not covering for Livermore being dispossessed which is something quite specific.  They are different players they compliment each other they are not particularly interchangeable although they tend to occupy the same space on the pitch.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1167 on: October 08, 2019, 09:07:03 AM »
Jacko's right though, he has been consistently poor since he's been here. We have had a few false dawns, in the past, where he looks like he's found his feet but he's never sustained it. Maybe this time he will, I certainly hope so, because him and Sawyers have looked decent in recent weeks. Needs to keep it going a bit longer and continue to improve though, before I'm fully convinced.
Stats get thrown about like confetti, I prefer to trust my own eyes and what I see is a player who has been poor for a few seasons, getting better, and I think it's down to having better players around him and a system that suits him.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1168 on: October 08, 2019, 09:15:03 AM »
I think Livermore has been excellent this season myself, but as with everyone in that team there is still room for improvement. Thats the most exciting thing for me, top, playing well and can still get better.

I will call out Livermore when he is playing badly, I will also credit him when he is playing well. Pretty much how I treat all players.

Lets not have a scapegoat and be blinded by previous bad performances so that we cannot see or give credit when he plays well.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1169 on: October 08, 2019, 10:18:43 AM »
I think Livermore has been excellent this season myself, but as with everyone in that team there is still room for improvement. Thats the most exciting thing for me, top, playing well and can still get better.

I will call out Livermore when he is playing badly, I will also credit him when he is playing well. Pretty much how I treat all players.

Lets not have a scapegoat and be blinded by previous bad performances so that we cannot see or give credit when he plays well.

Sensible post Tom, and my thoughts entirely.

Many of our players were poor under Pulis, not just Jake. Unfortunately some of us always have to blame someone...….

I thought Jake was excellent on Saturday, a real workhorse who got stuck in and made things happen. I really am not in the slightest bit bothered about who has completed the most successful passes etc, all I am seeing is Jake and Romaine working together as a very solid unit in front of the defence, and them working to cover each other when required. Something we have not seen for quite some time......long may it continue.
MAGA!

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1170 on: October 08, 2019, 12:57:01 PM »
Sensible post Tom, and my thoughts entirely.

Many of our players were poor under Pulis, not just Jake. Unfortunately some of us always have to blame someone...….

I thought Jake was excellent on Saturday, a real workhorse who got stuck in and made things happen. I really am not in the slightest bit bothered about who has completed the most successful passes etc, all I am seeing is Jake and Romaine working together as a very solid unit in front of the defence, and them working to cover each other when required. Something we have not seen for quite some time......long may it continue.

How very true. We do have to be concerned about who takes over when one of them is not available though. I see no obvious candidate other than Barry if available. Krovinovic would not, in my view, work well in the deeper lying roles that these guys operate.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1171 on: October 08, 2019, 01:07:35 PM »
How very true. We do have to be concerned about who takes over when one of them is not available though. I see no obvious candidate other than Barry if available. Krovinovic would not, in my view, work well in the deeper lying roles that these guys operate.

Barry / Harper / Field (re-call) / Ajayi (Hegazi back) / Brunt, in that order
Albion Family !!!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1172 on: October 08, 2019, 01:37:00 PM »

We have the option of using Ajayi in there as well in an emergency once Hegazi is up and running
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1173 on: October 08, 2019, 09:38:00 PM »
Midfield is like Night and Day when compared to 2018/19 season.  I maintained that we conceded far too many shots from 20 yards simply because the midfield weren't energetic enough to close down.  Many people solely pointed the finger at Johnstone/Bartley. 

No need to re-sign Barry (Harper would be better), Morrison hasn't re-signed anywhere and pretty sure Brunt doesn't want to move house to play elsewhere.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1174 on: October 09, 2019, 02:10:01 PM »
I think Jacko is right in saying, He's been Mr Consistent throughout his tenure at the club. Consistently poor,
but this season he has stepped up his allround game & one could say he's been Mr Consistent since the start of the season.