Author Topic: Sunderland TIL I die  (Read 3913 times)

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

Sunderland TIL I die
« on: December 15, 2018, 09:35:33 PM »
Anyone with a Netflix account give it a watch, it’s been made in the same fashion as the amazon prime Manchester City show but to me it’s 100 times more authentic and is a fantastic watch.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Sunderland TIL I die
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 10:57:53 AM »
A brilliant watch, had to watch it all in one go once I started.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 12:38:04 PM »
Watched the first two last night after seeing the post on here, well worth viewing. Lee Cattermole might be a dick on the pitch but he cares about the club passionately.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 02:07:55 PM »
Watched it today, thought it was really insightful and great viewing. Well worth a watch.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 09:35:17 AM »
Jack Rodwell doesn't come out of it looking good i think

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 07:25:39 PM »
Watched the first two last night after seeing the post on here, well worth viewing. Lee Cattermole might be a dick on the pitch but he cares about the club passionately.
Agree, I think Grayson really wanted to do it for the right reasons too
I'm just up to when Coleman comes in, overuse of the words "massive club" clearly to get fans on side

Honestly think I could have kept them up
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 09:55:54 AM »
46000 at home to Bradford on Boxing Day that’s pretty impressive.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 12:21:17 PM »
Wait and see what happens next transfer window if not there zippy. Think it was a real struggle and once momentum went against them it was difficult to pull together.

Great watch and could empathise without cheering them on. Impact on more normal staff was touching.
Haven't seen the Man City documentary but it just doesn't seem like it could be at all entertaining. The only part I would want to watch is round the Man United 3-2 loss as that only real setback they had.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 12:32:05 PM »
I am about half way through. I wouldn't want Coleman as our manager, but he does come across as a nice guy.

The part I was really conflicted about was the Jack Rodwell situation. Although I can understand why the club and fans feel aggrieved, I also think sharing it publically is out of order.  The Club gave him a contract, and he would have known he was unlikely to get even a fraction of that contract elsewhere. Couple that with his injury record I and don't think you could have expected him to walk away from it. 

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 10:03:31 PM »
Been slowly working my way through this. Clearly one of the worst run clubs in the country. Still a chief executive and a manager, working with a small scouting team looking at transfer targets who are all from that small British based pot. The rest seem to be agent type deals.

Just finished the Jack Rodwell episode. Pretty shocking, one sided portrayal. One clip of a comment in the gym with a team mate that felt a bit out of context (could easily be "i'll never get selected"). Yes, 2 or 3 managers can't be wrong with him not really getting any game time in his final year or so and I doubt he was busting a gut to get back in the team, but the whole "Jack Rodwell should think about the club and rip up his contract" from the failing Chief Exec was ridiculous. Sorry - nobody with such a short career is going to throw away 18 months of a contract worth over £5,000,000 to him. Yes they may have offered him a pay off, but he knows fully well that he won't get anything close to approaching that at any stage again in his career. If injuries take their tole and he has to retire in a couple of years time, that money is basically his and his families pension fund.

Clubs are happy to throw young players and old on the scrapheap when they don't meet the standard. It is very manipulative to pretend Rodwell should have had to throw away such a large sum of money. It is the clubs own fault for not inserting a clause in his contract.
Boing Boing

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 02:13:09 PM »
There is a second series of this due out, to add to that there is also a Leeds version that started in pre season, now that will be interesting!!

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2019, 02:41:38 PM »
Thought it was a superb insight into professional football. Rodwell was just doing what anyone would do. At the end of the day, if it was the other way round and he owed a ton of money to a business, would they simply write it off because he couldn't afford it? Not a chance.

You get the odd talent here and there that clearly has ability but is injury prone. There's too much money in football anyway, so it's no one's fault but the clubs.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 10:30:50 PM »
Well
On Tuesday just gone I took my work mate to Bristol rovers v Sunderland in the checkatrade doodah
There were a couple of the cameramen filming the second series so look out for the funny looks when one bloke shouts "boing boing" down the lens 😛
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..