Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556334 times)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #10200 on: January 23, 2017, 02:31:13 PM »
any stokies reading this we have won 6 more trophies than you, been in englands top flight many more years than you. you are a city and deluded

But that cant be true they are a bigger club....... :-X

Saido has taken a sideways move at best....im sure if they get him going he will score goals, he will also attract attention from bigger clubs and want to move again

I dont get Stoke fans, they think Berahino is innocent whilst putting Pulis down with insults, without him they wouldnt be anywhere near where they are now.

Vile deluded supporters....the club I dont mind itself they are an original member like us and I like that kind of history but reading the oatcake makes you wonder about their mental abilities
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10201 on: January 23, 2017, 02:31:34 PM »

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10202 on: January 23, 2017, 02:34:01 PM »

Saido has taken a sideways move at best....im sure if they get him going he will score goals, he will also attract attention from bigger clubs and want to move again

I dont get Stoke fans, they think Berahino is innocent whilst putting Pulis down with insults, without him they wouldnt be anywhere near where they are now.

Vile deluded supporters....the club I dont mind itself they are an original member like us and I like that kind of history but reading the oatcake makes you wonder about their mental abilities

I also noticed that and reading through... many of them have mentioned a good handful of players that were treated unfairly or froze out under pulis so obviously that's why they say that.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10203 on: January 23, 2017, 02:36:25 PM »
The gift that keeps on giving

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ex-west-brom-striker-saido-12492754

This was posted earlier and is a bit of a clickbait headline, the actual "story" is opposite to what the headline suggests.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10204 on: January 23, 2017, 02:36:41 PM »

considering they are a founder member like ourselves they aint won much have they :D Port Vale are bigger than what they are
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10205 on: January 23, 2017, 02:37:00 PM »
No point closing the thread, every time he plays whatever he does a new thread would appear. With that said he's nothing to do with us now so this is the right place for the thread now.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10206 on: January 23, 2017, 02:38:33 PM »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10207 on: January 23, 2017, 02:39:28 PM »
No point closing the thread, every time he plays whatever he does a new thread would appear. With that said he's nothing to do with us now so this is the right place for the thread now.

the ex players thread is not worthy of his name :). good to see this has been demoted

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10208 on: January 23, 2017, 03:09:01 PM »
I also noticed that and reading through... many of them have mentioned a good handful of players that were treated unfairly or froze out under pulis so obviously that's why they say that.

I think all managers have frozen out players at every club they have been too...its not a new thing exclusive to Pulis

Im laughing more at how they treat us with contempt and blame the club for everything regarding Saido's situation....

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10209 on: January 23, 2017, 04:00:57 PM »
I think all managers have frozen out players at every club they have been too...its not a new thing exclusive to Pulis

Im laughing more at how they treat us with contempt and blame the club for everything regarding Saido's situation....

I guess it's an only time will tell situation, what amazes me is the length of the contract that has been offered by stoke and accepted by saido.

We as fans are led to believe he's the sort of player to score a few goals, get interest from other clubs then demand to leave..... if that is true then a 5 and half year contract can only go pear shaped?!

Be interesting to see how it pans out over the next few seasons.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10210 on: January 23, 2017, 05:04:00 PM »
I guess it's an only time will tell situation, what amazes me is the length of the contract that has been offered by stoke and accepted by saido.

We as fans are led to believe he's the sort of player to score a few goals, get interest from other clubs then demand to leave..... if that is true then a 5 and half year contract can only go pear shaped?!

Be interesting to see how it pans out over the next few seasons.

Once he gets fit there will be a love in for 6-12 months, by when he will bring them into dis-repute with some stupid off the pitch stuff (social media will be involved) and he / they will fall out.

I'm bookmarking this prophecy for review xmas 2019!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10211 on: January 23, 2017, 05:11:46 PM »
Once he gets fit there will be a love in for 6-12 months, by when he will bring them into dis-repute with some stupid off the pitch stuff (social media will be involved) and he / they will fall out.

I'm bookmarking this prophecy for review xmas 2019!

i will keep feeding him Nitrious

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10212 on: January 23, 2017, 08:33:29 PM »

Agreed
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10213 on: January 23, 2017, 08:35:03 PM »
leave it open i say, at least untill he moves to Newport county

Morecambe.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10214 on: January 23, 2017, 11:02:15 PM »
Chapter in our history that when looked at in detail, without agendas, I believe very few people will come out of it well.

I generally don't have blue and white tinted glasses, try and take what comes out of the Albion with a pinch of salt, and don't believe every word that is delivered in the press as I recognize that we have our  reasons for being economical with the truth. Our (potentially/arguably?) most talented graduate from the academy and yet we have got rid of him with the general acceptance that this was a good thing (and with really nasty vitriol in some cases). I can understand why fans of other clubs are questioning what has gone on.

For me now , he is just another ex-Albion player who in different circumstances could have starred for us. Like many who have had potential before him and many who will follow. Had we continued the Peace philosophy of maintaining a style of football within the club and bringing in coaches to continue that style, maybe he would have flourished. .... and maybe we would have been relegated!

Some of the comments that I have seen should be saved for people who have done real crimes.

.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10215 on: January 23, 2017, 11:28:28 PM »
 Like drink driving at 110 mph  and putting any other road user`s life`s in danger Mmmmm you don`t need blue and white tinted glasses to believe that

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10216 on: January 24, 2017, 03:39:07 AM »
Like drink driving at 110 mph  and putting any other road user`s life`s in danger Mmmmm you don`t need blue and white tinted glasses to believe that

I'm so against drink driving and agree with you... but when will you realise that saido was not the only bad person at the club?

Majority of players do stupid things, but saido had eyes on him from everywhere due to his so called potential...

We have a frigging manager who has been caught out for fraud that lied and practically stole millions from his last club (which has been proven by the courts) ... along with blatently not getting on with the chairman not so long back which was made very clear in interviews... yet if anyone says a bad word about him you start moaning at them ... time to take off your tinted glasses, can't have one rule for one and a different rule for the other   ;)

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10217 on: January 24, 2017, 07:33:36 AM »
Dunno about closing the thread but certainly move it to the ex-players thread?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10218 on: January 24, 2017, 08:02:58 AM »
You're right he did something stupid. Our latest signing got caught having taken class A drugs, I trust you will be as sympathetic towards him?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10219 on: January 24, 2017, 09:07:19 AM »
You're right he did something stupid. Our latest signing got caught having taken class A drugs, I trust you will be as sympathetic towards him?

I have some sympathy for Livermore as he was getting over the death of his baby son. I don't have kids but I would imagine if I had lost one I would want to numb the pain whether through alcohol or other drugs. We all cope with adverse situations in different ways, I'm not sure how I would have reacted given the same situation.
I'm not condoning Livermore's use of cocaine but I can empathise with him.

Also Livermore didn't risk anyone else's life by taking cocaine.

I can't recall what Berahino's excuse for drink driving was.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 09:09:07 AM by Hull Baggie »

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10220 on: January 24, 2017, 09:48:32 AM »
You can maybe forgive stupidity once( not in Lee Hughes case though) but not countless times like Saido

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10221 on: January 24, 2017, 02:30:50 PM »
I have some sympathy for Livermore as he was getting over the death of his baby son. I don't have kids but I would imagine if I had lost one I would want to numb the pain whether through alcohol or other drugs. We all cope with adverse situations in different ways, I'm not sure how I would have reacted given the same situation.
I'm not condoning Livermore's use of cocaine but I can empathise with him.

Also Livermore didn't risk anyone else's life by taking cocaine.

I can't recall what Berahino's excuse for drink driving was.

This is more about hypocrisy than empathy. Neither (that has been reported) harmed anybody else, both committed a crime and the consequences could potentially have been different in both cases.

You can empathise with Livermore but you don't know what he did whilst taking cocaine? He could equally have driven down a motorway, been responsible for heavy lifting gear  :D or snorting at home alone. Also, I assume that he didn't obtain the cocaine legally and therefore there is no knowing what damage the money has subsequently funded.

I am in no way suggesting that Livermore deserves abuse (quite the contrary).

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10222 on: January 24, 2017, 02:32:56 PM »
You can maybe forgive stupidity once( not in Lee Hughes case though) but not countless times like Saido

I guess that depends on your ability to count  ;D

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10223 on: January 24, 2017, 10:07:33 PM »
Good riddance. A complete waste of space over the last 18 months. We're far better off without him!
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10224 on: January 25, 2017, 05:17:20 PM »
You'll never get past cloudio he's magic you know