Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556484 times)

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #9675 on: December 31, 2016, 02:11:46 AM »
I've asked you before what your connection with Berahino is. Because you're far more passionate about him than you are the club based on your posts.

This 60k a week offer to me is a red herring and Albion are hoping the tribunal fall for it hook line and sinker.

Record Tribunal here we come.

And I'm hoping for us to win the fa cup... bet there's a very high chance that's not going to happen.

Come one, this is a business to the new owners.... you really believe the club are going to offer that and 'hope' the gamble pays off?  (And by that I mean him accepting it, pulis not playing him because he don't fit in like some have said and the club pay 60k a week to someone who can't get into the first team... it's all well having a buy out clause but where's the hard facts that people actually want to sign him for a big lump sum? There's none).

All I'm saying is, there is more to it than the fans are led to believe and just because us fans would like to see him gone sooner rather than later... it doesn't mean that's what's going to happen. (Which many are failing to come to terms with).

Pulis is a very smart man, so is the new chairman otherwise he wouldn't be as wealthy as he is.... they haven't got to where they are in life by playing little games with people 'hoping' they would bite... they know what they are doing and as fans and people that are 'ITK'... we don't know jack sh*te.

Should he be gone by now? The answer is yes
Will pulis use him and get the most of him? The answer is probably not
Is it possible for saido to sign this new contract? The answer is yes

Those are the only things we all know for pretty much certain, but they are going to some extent just to try and scrape a few extra quid at a tribunal ain't they? (When it's possible it won't come to that)

Only time will tell I guess.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9676 on: December 31, 2016, 02:29:00 AM »
And I'm hoping for us to win the fa cup... bet there's a very high chance that's not going to happen.

Come one, this is a business to the new owners.... you really believe the club are going to offer that and 'hope' the gamble pays off?  (And by that I mean him accepting it, pulis not playing him because he don't fit in like some have said and the club pay 60k a week to someone who can't get into the first team... it's all well having a buy out clause but where's the hard facts that people actually want to sign him for a big lump sum? There's none).

All I'm saying is, there is more to it than the fans are led to believe and just because us fans would like to see him gone sooner rather than later... it doesn't mean that's what's going to happen. (Which many are failing to come to terms with).

Pulis is a very smart man, so is the new chairman otherwise he wouldn't be as wealthy as he is.... they haven't got to where they are in life by playing little games with people 'hoping' they would bite... they know what they are doing and as fans and people that are 'ITK'... we don't know jack sh*te.

Should he be gone by now? The answer is yes
Will pulis use him and get the most of him? The answer is probably not
Is it possible for saido to sign this new contract? The answer is yes

Those are the only things we all know for pretty much certain, but they are going to some extent just to try and scrape a few extra quid at a tribunal ain't they? (When it's possible it won't come to that)

Only time will tell I guess.

An awful lot of words to essentially repeat recent posts  :)  ;) .

Happy New Year  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9677 on: December 31, 2016, 03:23:20 AM »
An awful lot of words to essentially repeat recent posts  :)  ;) .

Happy New Year  8) .

...on a thread with an awful lot of pages of the same people moaning about the same things  ;) ;)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9678 on: December 31, 2016, 03:41:56 AM »
...on a thread with an awful lot of pages of the same people moaning about the same things  ;) ;)

Bang on, no dispute this end chap  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9679 on: December 31, 2016, 09:14:19 AM »
After everything that has happened I would be surprised if he signed a new contract no matter how generous that contract is. I'm puzzled by the offer because at least from the outside there has never been any doubt how this ends and that is Saido leaving the club the only thing that has ever been in doubt is when and for how much.

I cannot understand that he still unfit, sorry that simply does not ring true. If he isn't fit then that is a major issue and in itself would be a good reason to just let him go not offer him a £60k a week contract.

I cannot understand why anyone thinks that he has a future under Pulis.

Pulis hasn't and won't play him as a Centre Forward, doesn't play with a three man forward line and we now have two players in the squad who are better number 10's than Saido who really struggled in that position last year.

I just find the whole thing utterly bewildering

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9680 on: December 31, 2016, 09:37:45 AM »
Apart from the fact he's a complete backside (and please I hope anyone doesn't ask what he's done) I really do believe he's not actually that good, his main strength was striking a ball cleanly, he hasn't any real pace, can't beat a defender and couldn't head a barn door and I doubt after all this time out he's improved but would almost be certain he's declined as a player. If we have offered 60k a week and he signs it will definitely prove beyond any doubt the games well and truly gone mad.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9681 on: December 31, 2016, 10:18:33 AM »
I've lost track of whether we have confirmed we have made him an official contract offer this season even though its been rumoured in the papers a few times but I believe you have to make an official contract offer in the last year of a players deal to get any compensation via tribunal. I reckon the club knows he has no intention of remaining beyond his current deal but will offer a highly paid contract to try and keep his potential compensation payment as high as possible as it is just one of the factors taken into account for any tribunal.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9682 on: December 31, 2016, 11:13:50 AM »
Up to his usual tricks on twitter again last night - "Nous laissons les rumeurs être les rumeurs" which translates to "We let the rumors be the rumors".  One way or another I just want it solved now, either play and sign the new deal or go.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9683 on: December 31, 2016, 11:31:56 AM »
Up to his usual tricks on twitter again last night - "Nous laissons les rumeurs être les rumeurs" which translates to "We let the rumors be the rumors".  One way or another I just want it solved now, either play and sign the new deal or go.

Amazing.. He's such an attention seeker. You'd think he'd been banging them in all season or at least playing, the way he's already trying to make the transfer window all about him. His team-mates must think he's a complete backside, as we do. Thought he was meant to be losing weight in France, not learning the language!

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9684 on: December 31, 2016, 11:37:07 AM »
Amazing.. He's such an attention seeker. You'd think he'd been banging them in all season or at least playing, the way he's already trying to make the transfer window all about him. His team-mates must think he's a complete backside, as we do. Thought he was meant to be losing weight in France, not learning the language!

I doubt he needs to learn the language - he spent his first 10 years living in Burundi, which is a French speaking country!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9685 on: December 31, 2016, 11:43:07 AM »
I doubt he needs to learn the language - he spent his first 10 years living in Burundi, which is a French speaking country!
Twas a joke... In that we sent him there to lose weight and he's come back speaking the language.. Lighten up

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9686 on: December 31, 2016, 12:14:35 PM »
Twas a joke... In that we sent him there to lose weight and he's come back speaking the language.. Lighten up

Sorry - was too subtle a joke for me.  And I've got a bad hangover !

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9687 on: December 31, 2016, 12:18:52 PM »

There's a difference between attention seeking... and taking the p*ss out of people, which he is clearly doing.

He knows he could put a tweet saying something like '123' and it would get a reaction out of the majority and there will be numerous stories as to what it means all over the net  ::)

more fool the people that take the bait, getting angry whilst he's probably got a friend on here telling him about this thread as they p*ss themselves laughing getting ready to spend his 60k a week  ::) ::)

But, is the contract offer a rumor... or are the 'interested clubs' all rumors? after all.. only saido knows the facts (which is scary to think of it) ???

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9688 on: December 31, 2016, 12:45:34 PM »
The sooner he goes the better. He is just a waste of space. Bring somebody in who actually wants to play for the club!

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9689 on: December 31, 2016, 01:34:03 PM »
We have only announced news of new contract offer to deflect blame away from club, yet we should have acted a long time ago....
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9690 on: December 31, 2016, 01:35:50 PM »
Apart from the fact he's a complete backside (and please I hope anyone doesn't ask what he's done) I really do believe he's not actually that good, his main strength was striking a ball cleanly, he hasn't any real pace, can't beat a defender and couldn't head a barn door and I doubt after all this time out he's improved but would almost be certain he's declined as a player. If we have offered 60k a week and he signs it will definitely prove beyond any doubt the games well and truly gone mad.
im on the same hymn sheet as you mate,vastly over rated and not worth tripling his wedge

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9691 on: December 31, 2016, 01:58:50 PM »
We have only announced news of new contract offer to deflect blame away from club, yet we should have acted a long time ago....

Er...we did. We made two previous new contract offers and he rejected them both. This is the third one.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9692 on: December 31, 2016, 02:16:03 PM »
The contract offer is so we would get more money if it went to a tribunal and it also pressures interested clubs to make offers in January, doubt the club expect him to sign it.

As for the overrated comments, he's the best finisher at the club and one of the best in the league. Unfortunately, he lacks any real pace or strength, is appalling in the air and his dribbling and passing abilities are average at best. Coupled with his lack of fitness and mentality its clear he is of no use to us.

Reckon his best move would be to Ligue 1, if close to match fit in a half-decent side he'd bag quite a few goals in that league. That Nice link would make sense, they're making a habit of signing and rehabilitating talented players who are struggling for one reason or another: Ben Arfa, Balotelli, Belhanda etc.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9693 on: December 31, 2016, 02:17:48 PM »
There's a difference between attention seeking... and taking the p*ss out of people, which he is clearly doing.

He knows he could put a tweet saying something like '123' and it would get a reaction out of the majority and there will be numerous stories as to what it means all over the net  ::)

more fool the people that take the bait, getting angry whilst he's probably got a friend on here telling him about this thread as they p*ss themselves laughing getting ready to spend his 60k a week  ::) ::)

But, is the contract offer a rumor... or are the 'interested clubs' all rumors? after all.. only saido knows the facts (which is scary to think of it) ???

It's clearly attention seeking.. If it wasn't he wouldn't say anything. He does it every window and the press lap it up writing rumours about him. As you say he could write 123 and people would read things into it. He could also write 'I'm not going anywhere, going to carry on knuckling down for the gaffer etc' but he chooses not to because he wants people talking about him.

I doubt he even cares about a forum or has ever seen this thread. And if he did, and I was him, it would hit home how many people he's inebriated off and lost the respect off, rather than laughing about it. I'm sure there are threads on message boards of other teams also questioning whether they actually should sign someone with his temperament. Maybe he found Odemwingie's Guiness stash and has been helping himself to it in preparation for new years  :P.

The contract offer isn't a rumour, there's quotes from TP confirming it. So we know that as a fact:

"We've made Saido an offer and we're trying to get him to sign," said boss Tony Pulis.
"It's a fantastic offer. We've made it hoping the lad will sign, it's up to him and his people to come back and negotiate," added Pulis.

Instead he's on Twitter posting stupid messages...

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9694 on: December 31, 2016, 02:20:21 PM »
Er...we did. We made two previous new contract offers and he rejected them both. This is the third one.

Yeah think it's clearly to take to the tribunal to show that we've made more than a reasonable effort to keep hold of him. Also reflects how much we value him by the wages that are being offered. All will be in our favour in increasing the value we get.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9695 on: December 31, 2016, 02:24:20 PM »
If we are opting to give Rondon a rest then we could have really have done with Berahino stepping up today but again he's nowhere to be seen and we have to use a player that really shouldn't part of a Premiership team as our main goal threat !

We need to strengthen the squad in January with a few more players that can actually challenge the first eleven as a few injuries and suspensions will hurt in the second half of the season.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9696 on: December 31, 2016, 02:32:33 PM »
Yeah think it's clearly to take to the tribunal to show that we've made more than a reasonable effort to keep hold of him. Also reflects how much we value him by the wages that are being offered. All will be in our favour in increasing the value we get.

Which will be just £300k if he goes abroad....

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9697 on: December 31, 2016, 02:34:28 PM »
I meant accept the stoke transfer bid of £20m
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9698 on: December 31, 2016, 02:50:37 PM »
If we are opting to give Rondon a rest then we could have really have done with Berahino stepping up today but again he's nowhere to be seen and we have to use a player that really shouldn't part of a Premiership team as our main goal threat !

We need to strengthen the squad in January with a few more players that can actually challenge the first eleven as a few injuries and suspensions will hurt in the second half of the season.

Exactly, Ive said many times before that we should have been treating it as Berahino not even being in the squad, since he's clearly not going to be used. We need to be getting in at least 1 striker in January, as we're currently running with only 2, 1 of which is yet to score or make much of an impact.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9699 on: December 31, 2016, 02:52:51 PM »
I meant accept the stoke transfer bid of £20m

How could we accept the Stoke bid of £20m if Berahino had no interest in moving to Stoke?