Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556610 times)

wba13

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #9650 on: December 30, 2016, 10:43:51 PM »
I know what your debating but don`t know why HKR deserves his chance when it`s given him Beras##t deserves nothing for 18 months now he hasn`t even tried to become part of the squad and players who have been out with a serious injury get match fit quicker than that idiot If we rest players we should use the youngsters and certainly not that waste of space.This will be my last post on him until he`s gone had enough of him

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9651 on: December 30, 2016, 10:47:10 PM »

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9652 on: December 30, 2016, 10:51:47 PM »
lots of media outlets reporting he's been offered another new lucrative contract.
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/865293558?-11200:789:0
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/865293399?-11200:789:0
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/865293348?-11200:789:0
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/865293188?-11200:789:0
so the saga rumbles on and on and on.
disgusting if this is true been a joke for nearly 2 years..we shud be kicking him out not trying to keep him...that will be me done if he signs

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9653 on: December 30, 2016, 10:54:46 PM »
I know what your debating but don`t know why HKR deserves his chance when it`s given him Beras##t deserves nothing for 18 months now he hasn`t even tried to become part of the squad and players who have been out with a serious injury get match fit quicker than that idiot If we rest players we should use the youngsters and certainly not that waste of space.This will be my last post on him until he`s gone had enough of him

You say you don't believe what pulis says about him and you KNOW for a fact he's going regardless what pulis says..... so why is that you believe he's not fit? Just because pulis says so... when you don't believe all the positive he says about him?

Saido has been having extra training etc and blasted it over the Internet himself (but it's a positive so the media won't promote it and the majority of this forum won't speak about it)

Not saying he's changed, not saying he's going to be staying longer than this season either.... but what I am saying is all you people that claim to know what's going on and know when he's leaving etc... don't REALLY have a clue, there's more to it than we are led to believe...

I have a strong feeling he will be gone some point this window or the end of the season but I don't for one minute believe he ain't being played for fitness reasons, maybe it's like someone mentioned about not wanting him to pick up a knock for the next 'buyer', who knows 

Either saido has photoshopped all his pics, edited all his vids... or pulis is lying to the fans

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9654 on: December 30, 2016, 10:58:36 PM »
This from the Mirror

West Brom trying to TRIPLE Saido Berahino's salary even though unfit striker has not scored all season
The striker last played for the first-team in September but remains a target for Stoke and others and is set to be out of contract in the summer

BYJAMES NURSEY
22:30, 30 DEC 2016UPDATED20:25, 30 DEC 2016
SPORT

West Brom have made Saido Berahino a third new “fantastic” contract offer to triple his salary to £60,000-a-week, despite the striker still being unfit.

Temperamental Berahino has failed to net this term and not played since September after boss Tony Pulis criticised his form and fitness.

The starlet, 23, has not been the same since the Baggies turned down multiple bids from Spurs in August 2015 after he scored 20 goals the previous season.

But he still has Premier League rivals such as Stoke interested in his signature despite his lack of game time.

Berahino is set to be out of contract this summer and will be able to leave his boyhood club for just compensation. But Pulis and Albion have not given up hope of tying him down long-term despite the player being high maintenance.

West Brom manager Tony Pulis and Saido Berahino before the match
Pulis called the offer "fantastic" and would also throw in a buy-out clause (Photo: Action Images via Reuters)
Pulis says he is even willing to give Berahino a buy-out clause to entice him to sign on.

Ahead of the New Year's Eve trip to Southampton, Pulis revealed: “The offer is there. It’s a fantastic offer. We’ve made it hoping the lad will sign. It’s up to him and his people to come back and negotiate.

“This is the third offer we have made, we’ll see what happens. We’re hoping they come back and we get the deal done and he gets his mind back on playing football. He’s a talented player, it shows how talented he is because the club are still making offers now.

“I said four windows ago if I was Saido I would have signed — you could have a buy-out clause in the contract if someone came in and offered the money. All that stuff has been put to him and his representatives.

“We’ll see what happens but the great thing about this is it will go either way. If we don’t sign him his contract runs out.”

But despite Albion’s desire to keep Berahino, Pulis admits the forward is still some way from being fit enough for a first team recall.

He added: “The most important thing is when he comes back he’s fit – we don’t want him coming back and getting injured again.”

It has gone beyond madness at this rate he will be paid more for not to playing football than most of the regular starters in the current squad.

I don't care what Pulis says tactically he don't fit even if he was fit and firing which is isn't and hasn't been for 18 months. I have no clue as to what is going on here one contract offer is enough to protect our position in a tribunal this runs the risk of being so good he might actually sign the bloody thing just for the craic. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9655 on: December 30, 2016, 11:03:06 PM »
in the brum mail pulis says if we don't sign him his contract runs out, which may suggest the club wont sell him in January. at the moment I think  saido holds all the cards. he has a contract offer on the table, he knows he can walk away in 6 months so the club have a timescale to do the deal. saido can sit and wait and the further it gets to the end of January the clearer it will become.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9656 on: December 30, 2016, 11:07:43 PM »
in the brum mail pulis says if we don't sign him his contract runs out, which may suggest the club wont sell him in January. at the moment I think  saido holds all the cards. he has a contract offer on the table, he knows he can walk away in 6 months so the club have a timescale to do the deal. saido can sit and wait and the further it gets to the end of January the clearer it will become.

And the more the club will do to try persuade just so they don't lose out on a 'once rated £25m' player.

This is what people are failing to realise, the club want to keep him here regardless of what us fans want.. there not going to leave him out to dry just because Joe bloggs hates him and wants him gone.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9657 on: December 30, 2016, 11:17:50 PM »
And the more the club will do to try persuade just so they don't lose out on a 'once rated £25m' player.

This is what people are failing to realise, the club want to keep him here regardless of what us fans want.. there not going to leave him out to dry just because Joe bloggs hates him and wants him gone.
To make this sort of offer there must be confidence that he's going to prove worth it....otherwise the club will just lose out on even more money in the form of his new wages. This saga has gone on for so long that you can hardly blame anyone for doubting he's going to hit the heights with us again.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9658 on: December 30, 2016, 11:24:30 PM »
New contract offer just before the window opens. Intriguing timing. Could be a double edged sword, one side it means he can't go for free to a foreign side and we don't lose out. Or it's to start a bidding war early in the window for him

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9659 on: December 30, 2016, 11:24:49 PM »

The club has already lost out. He was never actually worth £25 million though it was all just classic tabloid hype.
Hence why the only original offers we ever had on the table was from Spurs paid in crazy small instalments.

Can the club convince him to sign a new contract to hope that a desperate chairman punts around £10 million on him in Jan? Maybe, but looking unlikely.

Will be quite a weird one for him. He knows he has 0% chance of a future here/absolutely nobody at the club wants him here and singing a new contract prevents him from walking in the summer if & when nobody wants to buy him in January.

On the other hand he will get paid more and get a signing on bonus...

« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 11:26:34 PM by Jordie1471 »

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9660 on: December 30, 2016, 11:27:29 PM »
Didn't see that new contract offer coming, however i'm sure it's been made purely to increase our chances of getting a fee for him if he signs it, or a bigger tribunal amount if he doesn't.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9661 on: December 30, 2016, 11:28:26 PM »
New contract offer just before the window opens. Intriguing timing. Could be a double edged sword, one side it means he can't go for free to a foreign side and we don't lose out. Or it's to start a bidding war early in the window for him

Not really a double edged sword. Perhaps I should've side "two sides to the coin." I'm getting my sayings mixed up.

I said to my dad a few weeks ago that the best thing Saido can do is get fit, prove his worth, start scoring again and sign a new deal and in a years time he'll be worth at least 25 million again. It's probably not going to happen though sadly.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9662 on: December 30, 2016, 11:30:31 PM »
Saido's tactics here are clear. 

He's lining up potential deals abroad. He's calling the club's bluff as they will be in no doubt that a move abroad is a very real possibility, meaning that we will get peanuts if he signs for a foreign club in the summer.

Why would he do that?  Because it puts him in the driving seat re his choice of English club in this winter.  He can ensure that he chooses which of the interested English clubs to join, rather than the one which this club would prefer him to join, being the one which offers the biggest transfer fee.  If Stoke offer £10m and Spurs only offer £5m, then he can say "let me join Spurs or I'm off to France or Italy in the summer".  He's now holding all the aces.

If none of the English clubs that he fancies make an offer for him, he can sign the new contract late on 31st January and pick up a nice juicy signing-on fee.  I don't believe for one moment that he wants to go abroad.  It's just leverage, but it enables him to call the shots.

The big risk for the club is that late on the final day of the transfer window we may still not know whether he is staying or going, and whether we need to sign a striker to replace him.  For that reason I sincerely hope that we've placed a deadline on him signing the new contract, otherwise we could end up with him not signing, and with no replacement striker having been signed.

As usual, this one could well go right to the wire.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9663 on: December 30, 2016, 11:32:09 PM »
Can only imagine we've put some form of leaving bonus in the contract, that says if we sell him for x amount he gets x amount. Otherwise what is in it for him for signing it? As others have said he's probably got no future here and has wanted to run his contract down since last summer, so why would he extend it and stay with us for even longer. As mentioned above this will be all in the clubs favour and i'll be very surprised if he signs a new deal.
Saido's tactics here are clear. 

He's lining up potential deals abroad. He's calling the club's bluff as they will be in no doubt that a move abroad is a very real possibility, meaning that we will get peanuts if he signs for a foreign club in the summer.

Why would he do that?  Because it puts him in the driving seat re his choice of English club in this winter.  He can ensure that he chooses which of the interested English clubs to join, rather than the one which this club would prefer him to join, being the one which offers the biggest transfer fee.  If Stoke offer £10m and Spurs only offer £5m, then he can say "let me join Spurs or I'm off to France or Italy in the summer".  He's now holding all the aces.

If none of the English clubs that he fancies make an offer for him, he can sign the new contract late on 31st January and pick up a nice juicy signing-on fee.  I don't believe for one moment that he wants to go abroad.  It's just leverage, but it enables him to call the shots.

The big risk for the club is that late on the final day of the transfer window we may still not know whether he is staying or going, and whether we need to sign a striker to replace him.  For that reason I sincerely hope that we've placed a deadline on him signing the new contract, otherwise we could end up with him not signing, and with no replacement striker having been signed.

As usual, this one could well go right to the wire.

Also I'd hope the club has realised/decided by now whether we are actually going to use him or not and has someone lined up as a replacement during this window. Let's be honest he's been in the squad since the summer and we all know he's not going to be used for match days, leaving us with 2 striking options. A replacement should be signed regardless of whether he signs the deal or not, as I don't realistically see him having a future here at all
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 11:36:53 PM by TheBrom »

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9664 on: December 30, 2016, 11:41:53 PM »
Can only imagine we've put some form of leaving bonus in the contract, that says if we sell him for x amount he gets x amount. Otherwise what is in it for him for signing it? As others have said he's probably got no future here and has wanted to run his contract down since last summer, so why would he extend it and stay with us for even longer. As mentioned above this will be all in the clubs favour and i'll be very surprised if he signs a new deal.
Also I'd hope the club has realised/decided by now whether we are actually going to use him or not and has someone lined up as a replacement during this window. Let's be honest he's been in the squad since the summer and we all know he's not going to be used for match days, leaving us with 2 striking options. A replacement should be signed regardless of whether he signs the deal or not, as I don't realistically see him having a future here at all

You are right that we need to sign a striker regardless.   The real question is whether we need to sign one striker or two. Rondon, HRK and SB would still leave us one light.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9665 on: December 30, 2016, 11:43:20 PM »
has the club ever shown any indication they want rid of him? we've supposedly turned down offers and now offered improved terms, so if he's wanted at the club why was such a valuable asset allowed to get unfit and overweight. don't players train daily and get weighed regularly and have dieticians at hand? you don't just turn into a slob overnight its taken me 20 years to get fat and I've sustained it for another 20. ;)

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9666 on: December 30, 2016, 11:50:56 PM »
has the club ever shown any indication they want rid of him? we've supposedly turned down offers and now offered improved terms, so if he's wanted at the club why was such a valuable asset allowed to get unfit and overweight. don't players train daily and get weighed regularly and have dieticians at hand? you don't just turn into a slob overnight its taken me 20 years to get fat and I've sustained it for another 20. ;)

I suppose looking at it from that point of view, you could come to the conclusion that we are trying to put potential bidders off of Saido by saying he's not fit, not match ready etc. But not sure what we would gain from that when he walks away as a free agent and the end of the season, unless it's to force him into signing a new deal, which he then knuckles down and scores loads, then we sell him for loads of money... I've had too much to drink!

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9667 on: December 31, 2016, 12:06:20 AM »
overated cant head a ball ,not physical enough,,useless as a wide player championship level at best and where does he fit in in a pulis first 11?he doesnt get rid,2016 deadwood

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9668 on: December 31, 2016, 12:06:28 AM »
I suppose looking at it from that point of view, you could come to the conclusion that we are trying to put potential bidders off of Saido by saying he's not fit, not match ready etc. But not sure what we would gain from that when he walks away as a free agent and the end of the season, unless it's to force him into signing a new deal, which he then knuckles down and scores loads, then we sell him for loads of money... I've had too much to drink!
however it pans out I think Saido will be quids in, makes me rather bitter not jealous that he could earn in one week what the average man earns in three years.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #9669 on: December 31, 2016, 12:15:35 AM »
I just want him gone.

Sooner the better.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9670 on: December 31, 2016, 12:28:03 AM »
however it pans out I think Saido will be quids in, makes me rather bitter not jealous that he could earn in one week what the average man earns in three years.

Yep it's crazy how he can still hold all the cards after all that's happened. I pity the club he signs for if he continues in this vein. If a normal worker did nothing for 6/12/18 months and came in not fit to work everyday he'd be sacked, his contract ripped up and any compensation owed paid back to the employer. He manages to get a move to another club on more money, or stay here and be offered more money. Makes me sick!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9671 on: December 31, 2016, 12:44:09 AM »
Hopefully he turns it down again. If there is a £15m buyout clause, no one is going to be paying that any time soon and the thought of him earning around £60k a week from us frankly makes me sick to my stomach. Doesn't deserve £60 a week let alone that for his stinking attitude.

Get him gone

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9672 on: December 31, 2016, 12:45:20 AM »
The club have allegedly offered him improved terms in conjunction with a sell on clause.

If he signs he signs, if he doesn't he doesn't.

When players go to tribunal (which will happen if he stays in the UK), part of the compensation structure is based on how highly the club are seen to value the player and his services in terms of wages offered.

Whether they actually want him to sign or not (or whether he agrees to sign on the dotted line), by offering escalating deals the club are expressing an ongoing interest in the retention of his services.

As for comments such as Championship level player at best, do me a favour..... utter cobblers.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9673 on: December 31, 2016, 01:19:44 AM »
You say you don't believe what pulis says about him and you KNOW for a fact he's going regardless what pulis says..... so why is that you believe he's not fit? Just because pulis says so... when you don't believe all the positive he says about him?

Saido has been having extra training etc and blasted it over the Internet himself (but it's a positive so the media won't promote it and the majority of this forum won't speak about it)

Not saying he's changed, not saying he's going to be staying longer than this season either.... but what I am saying is all you people that claim to know what's going on and know when he's leaving etc... don't REALLY have a clue, there's more to it than we are led to believe...

I have a strong feeling he will be gone some point this window or the end of the season but I don't for one minute believe he ain't being played for fitness reasons, maybe it's like someone mentioned about not wanting him to pick up a knock for the next 'buyer', who knows 

Either saido has photoshopped all his pics, edited all his vids... or pulis is lying to the fans

I've asked you before what your connection with Berahino is. Because you're far more passionate about him than you are the club based on your posts.

This 60k a week offer to me is a red herring and Albion are hoping the tribunal fall for it hook line and sinker.

Record Tribunal here we come.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9674 on: December 31, 2016, 01:22:16 AM »
The club have allegedly offered him improved terms in conjunction with a sell on clause.

If he signs he signs, if he doesn't he doesn't.

When players go to tribunal (which will happen if he stays in the UK), part of the compensation structure is based on how highly the club are seen to value the player and his services in terms of wages offered.

Whether they actually want him to sign or not (or whether he agrees to sign on the dotted line), by offering escalating deals the club are expressing an ongoing interest in the retention of his services.

As for comments such as Championship level player at best, do me a favour..... utter cobblers.

I see it as just that. A display of what we value him as to take forward to the tribunal. I have no expectation that he will sign the contract, but these contract offers will help our case of how much we value him, but he wouldn't take it.