Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556646 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #9425 on: November 15, 2016, 08:54:03 PM »
Berahino runs around less than Studge total non starter while Klopp has a hole in his backside.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9426 on: November 15, 2016, 09:17:28 PM »
Lordy is that nob still here?

Thought he'd been quiet for too long, looks like his agent has been busy again
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9427 on: November 15, 2016, 10:06:27 PM »
How many of our first team players can we say have improved in two years?

How long has Pulis been first team coach for?  ;D

McClean, Rondon.
Baggie in Southampton

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9428 on: November 18, 2016, 06:33:52 AM »
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/11/17/Darren Moore-tony-pulis-claims-this-forgotten-star-has-come-back-brighter/

Same chyte. Different smell

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9429 on: November 18, 2016, 10:03:56 AM »
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/11/17/Darren Moore-tony-pulis-claims-this-forgotten-star-has-come-back-brighter/

Same chyte. Different smell
Same chyte, same smell, as far as I can see

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9430 on: November 18, 2016, 11:06:20 AM »
Come back brighter. Unsurprising really, knows he has a big money move coming up in anoter 6/7 months, who wouldn't be bright?  ;D

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9431 on: November 20, 2016, 05:31:08 PM »
http://mobile.wba.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/west-brom-wba-official-club-statement-on-saido-berahino-3426767.aspx

Saido has released a statement.

Got a feeling he's going to be signing a new contract.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9432 on: November 20, 2016, 05:32:42 PM »
http://mobile.wba.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/west-brom-wba-official-club-statement-on-saido-berahino-3426767.aspx

Saido has released a statement.

Got a feeling he's going to be signing a new contract.

Certainly seems that way. Would seem contradictory to "do everything possible to repay the club and fans", yet move on shortly.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9433 on: November 20, 2016, 05:35:40 PM »
 ::)

Too little too late.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9434 on: November 20, 2016, 05:49:06 PM »
Quite what has gone on behind the scenes in the last 18 months and what impact it has had on his physical and more critically his mental well being I don't know, but right now he isn't worth a new contract. To be sent to a training camp indefinitely mid season is an extreme measure.

I hope he recovers his form but I fear that he will be a lost talent not just for us but to football which is a great pity
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9435 on: November 20, 2016, 05:54:51 PM »
Quite what has gone on behind the scenes in the last 18 months and what impact it has had on his physical and more critically his mental well being I don't know, but right now he isn't worth a new contract. To be sent to a training camp indefinitely mid season is an extreme measure.

I hope he recovers his form but I fear that he will be a lost talent not just for us but to football which is a great pity

I agree, but I can't see for the life of me why the club would be willing to send him away to France for pretty much 2 months, invest more time and effort in getting him fit if they didn't believe he would be sticking around.

If the signs were that he's moving on regardless we would have no doubt just let him play in the under 23s until his contract finished.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9436 on: November 20, 2016, 06:04:06 PM »
I think two possible scenarios -

1) The club just want him away from the other players due to the unwanted attention he brings.

2) He has already signed a new contract (probably with a release clause) and the club and him have agreed to work together, whatever it takes to get him back on the pitch.

Once he is actually playing again they may announce it not long after, if it is option2 i cant see the Albion doing all this and spending the money with a view he just clears off January or plays up and i would imagine announcing he has signed  a new deal, on better money when he getting in france wont go down well either.

If it is option 2 and he is staying i bet they announce it xmas / new year when you would think if he is staying he will be around the team.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9437 on: November 20, 2016, 06:12:35 PM »
18 months two late want him out our club gone for good Sorry but i cannot forgive.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9438 on: November 20, 2016, 06:45:15 PM »
Not sure what to make of the statement to be completely honest. It suggest to me that there has been more go on with him that hasn't been made public knowledge, maybe psychologically he's struggled much more than we know. I suspect it's all a little too late to salvage anything of his career here now even though we are going to the trouble of sending him back to France.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9439 on: November 20, 2016, 07:12:05 PM »
Lost two years of development he won't get back , maybe the pennies dropped regarding hangers on etc but I wont hold my breath.
Not a loss to use in all honesty.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9440 on: November 20, 2016, 07:33:36 PM »
Remain past the point of caring. So long as he goes by the summer at the latest I will happy.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9441 on: November 20, 2016, 07:34:43 PM »
Not only will we not get anything for him in Jan at this rate, he won't get a contract anywhere decent next summer either.  What a waste.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9442 on: November 20, 2016, 07:35:19 PM »
Not sure what to make of the statement to be completely honest. It suggest to me that there has been more go on with him that hasn't been made public knowledge, maybe psychologically he's struggled much more than we know. I suspect it's all a little too late to salvage anything of his career here now even though we are going to the trouble of sending him back to France.

In all serious he may well have had a breakdown.  If so, the employer has an obligation to help him, not abandon him.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9443 on: November 20, 2016, 07:40:42 PM »
"Look, clubs who want me, how well I am behaving".  He doesn't want to knuckle down at all?  Didn't he post a picture of himself with his shirt lifted?  Wouldn't surprise me if whoever we have sent him too has come back reporting that he didn't work hard at all.

I wouldn't be wasting clubs money on him.  We are going to get a very modest tribunal fee (if he stays in England).  I would be giving him enough rope to hang himself with.  By not playing him he could carry on getting fat and unfit and no club with the right mind would touch him.  Would really f*** his career up.  He deserves no more IMO.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9444 on: November 20, 2016, 07:56:59 PM »
Bye bye Saido

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9445 on: November 20, 2016, 08:19:17 PM »
In all serious he may well have had a breakdown.  If so, the employer has an obligation to help him, not abandon him.

I have a feeling you may well be correct, it seems there's more to this, than just not being fit.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 09:12:13 PM by baggiejohn »
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9446 on: November 20, 2016, 09:08:48 PM »
::)

Too little too late.

Just maybe, maybe he is growing up and will make his own hopefully mature decision rather than listening to hangers on, mates and an agent who only has his self interst uppermost

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9447 on: November 20, 2016, 09:44:02 PM »
IF, he is genuinely remorseful, I think the fans should get behind him and support him, if they are just more weasel words, bye bye.

Everyone deserves a chance, he still wears the shirt, if he starts to wear the shirt with pride, I shall start to back him, its up to him.
Baggie in Southampton

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9448 on: November 20, 2016, 10:10:48 PM »
All well and good saying that TBP, but it's easier said than done just welcoming him back. If he wears the shirt I will hope that he scores as it benefits the club I love, but I will never support him even if he stays long enough for a testimonial. He would only have stayed because he messed his career up so much he had no choice but to stay here or move to a club on the same level or below us.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 10:18:52 PM by WBArgo »

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9449 on: November 20, 2016, 10:13:40 PM »
Get fit, get in team and proove you want to be here,
Fair play for statement it is a start, didnt have to do it.